• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Studios: SSBB Team Battle + Singles Tournament - Turnersville, NJ - April 12th

Beat

Smash Ace
Fixed.

I'm an idiot. I'm just an immature jerk.
Single elimination is terrible. I would have had another chance to fight Mexi, maybe, and actually learn how to ***** about the match-up all over again even though I'm a camPit.

The hosts of this tournament need to respect me even though this is an entirely new game, and new faces to Brawl can be better than I am. I was so offended that I simply left the room when you called that talented Brawler Cross the real player over me.

Get something to drink, I'm about to show you how cool I am.

I'm ranked 5th in this state for Melee right now and was once 3rd in my prime, I got 2nd in singles and teams at a major Brawl tournament in Texas, I took out Wes and almost beat ChuDat and got top 8 at EVO East last year in Melee, and I was once ranked 10th in the tristate area. Even after quitting for over a month and not trying that hard, I stayed at 15th in the tristate. I once played Melee on top of a live giraffe. I donkey-punched M2K and shared cocktails with Wife. Love me as I name venues and only make one reference to the game in which we're actually competing.

I've been on Smashboards a long time, so I must be good. I don't care how much you don't like me as a person, you will respect me, unless you understand that respect and fear are different, and that respect should be given to people who aren't loudmouthed braggards.

I could potentially bring about 6 or 7 other players with me, but I'm not going to if you're going to have bad rules and not respect known players. We're the ones that both win and bring others there. Unless we don't win and instead lose to Squirtle and complain about how he's broken, which he must be, since I lost.

In conclusion, if you don't fix the rules and make it double elimination, I'm not coming, which is redundant since I was so annoying that I GOT BANNED FROM THE VENUE.
You're good at Brawl. The only thing that you carried over from Melee is your ability to ***** and make excuses from yourself. You're not some radical thinker who had the balls to complain about the rules. We all did, but we did so in a constructive manner. I tried being civil with you all night, but you're just a little baby. Cry cry cry, that's all you're good for. It's a game, you lost 10 bucks.

I gotta say that playing Melee on a giraffe is impressive.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Fixed.

You're good at Brawl. The only thing that you carried over from Melee is your ability to ***** and make excuses from yourself. You're not some radical thinker who had the balls to complain about the rules. We all did, but we did so in a constructive manner. I tried being civil with you all night, but you're just a little baby. Cry cry cry, that's all you're good for. It's a game, you lost 10 bucks.

I gotta say that playing Melee on a giraffe is impressive.
LMAO!! Chocobo is too good :)

@ Chibo, thanks for those results. Those partial ones should be on allisbrawl.com eventually. Nice placing btw.

Edit @ Burn: Actually, an entire bracket image would be alot better. If you can post the entire bracket up that would be great Burn.

I completely forgot about this tourney 0_o

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
im mean why would ne one be taking him but me only reason i didnt bring cause i was running super late and wouldnt even have been able to make it in time if i got him.
he imed me...hardcore the night before the tourny asking me to bring him, so that's why i said that velocityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, we gotta play sometimesss

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
oh yeah, by the way, they are all friends, burn(host of tourny), john(cross), and some others, they kinda like held the tourny together, so they all probably got paid, also, arguing with the host is pointless, especially since cross is his friend, dangit, just masss lollls next time

duo962

Smash Rookie
I won't be around for the next 6 months or so, so I won't really be able to help with the next ones. Burn's my cousin...of course I didn't find that out until a week after my original response to the post. (I was the one in the "I've got mad skills" cow jumping over the moon shirt who ended up typing in all of the stuff for the tournament. I also lost to Chibo 1st round, but I think I did fairly decent)

Rules/Stages, etc.
Hopefully Burn seriously takes your advice. It should be no problem following the rules that almost every other tournament follows. Please send/point him to a clear list of the commonly accepted rules.

Single/Double Elimination
Basically with this tournament we were forced to do single elimination. We only had the place for what was supposed to be 5 hours, but the guy was really cool about it and let us stay later than we were supposed to. Next time hopefully he can either get it for longer, or manage to get another cheaper place. Honestly, I was really worried that we weren't going to have enough time to even finish the first rounds. We had ~20 rounds, and each could have lasted around 10 mins. That was at 9PM, meaning it would've been 12 by the time we were done the initial matches, leaving a lot more left. Luckily the pro players and our group of friends took out their opponents pretty quickly and we managed with only going past the limit by an hour and a half.

The Size of the Venue
Uh, it was small. There definitely wasn't enough room for everyone that was there. Which, by the way, was 44 Singles players, and 42 Teams. I know our local VFW should be pretty cheap and is a lot bigger, so that might be a future option. It's in Franklinville, so it's about 15 minutes more of a drive from up North than Turnersville. But it's on a main road, so it's pretty easy to get to.

Units
Between the group of family and friends that were there, we can have 7 or 8 Wiis. So, that shouldn't be an issue. I believe they're going to try for 6 at the next one, as if it's in the same place, there's probably not enough room for 8. The only issue is that one of our friends who had helped with controllers had one of his Wiimotes stolen. It was kind of our fault, as we were supposed to have someone at each system at all times. But between actually being in the tournaments and the cramped room, there wasn't much chance to sit there. Please in the future tournaments, help to watch and make sure your opponents don't walk away with controllers they didn't walk up with if possible. We'll probably figure out a clear marking method for our controllers, and we might have people just designated to watch the systems who aren't in the tournament.

Registration
The main issue with the starting time was that we weren't supposed to have people in the room aside from those setting stuff up until almost 7. I'm going to suggest that next time Burn keeps a list of everyone he knows is going to be there, as well as pre-registered people. That way he can print it out and it can go faster. We actually kept the registration open till almost 8, and we placed 1 or 2 late arrivals into spots that would have been Byes.

Skill Matching
It was no offense to you guys that Burn, or really all of us didn't know who you were. We aren't really super competitive with Smash Brothers. Burn hasn't even been in the US the past 2 or 3 years. He's been in the Phillipines. As for the Inui/Cross issue. I'm sorry about that. Cross is a friend of ours, and Burn knows that he's a good player and has won quite a few of the previous tournaments that Game Crazy held. So for that issue, I ask that next time you please provide us with the fact that you're a pro player. We'll place you into the proper brackets.

Inui
There were a lot of people who really didn't like that you were going around openly remarking "I'm the (best/second best) player here" and pretty much treating everyone sucky, even other common tournament players. Most of the people there don't play tournaments that often, and it's really discouraging for first time players to be destroyed AND trash talked. If it's your friend or someone you've known for a while, we're cool with that with reasonable limits. You were a really good player, and I do hope that you come back. I'm going to try my best to get Burn to reverse his "ban".

Honestly, I think it was mostly because he was really stressed the whole night hoping the thing would work out well. You guys heard him randomly tell people they'd be DQ'd for what seemed like no reason.

Prize amounts
This...wasn't handled as well as it should have been. However, I'm just going to show you guys the figures, since I know all of the numbers. Burn may not like it, but whatever...I think it needs to be clarified. (The numbers may be off slightly, by like...$20)

Teams were $10 per team. There were 42, so that's $420. He took $6 out of each to help pay for the venue. That leaves him with $252 for that and $168 for prize money. He paid out $150 in prize money as far as I know.

Singles were $5 per person. (I know some paid $3, but not enough to bother adding it all up manually.) There were 44. That's $220 altogether, and he took $3 of each 5. Leaving him with $132 and $88 to give as prize money. He paid out $75 in prize money, possibly giving the $5 back to Cross for "3rd place", even though it's likely that he would have lost to Inui. But that was because of whatever happened where he said that stuff to Inui.

So, altogether, he got $260 from the teams, and $140 from the singles. $400. The venue cost $200. I have no idea how much all of the other stuff he got was, but I'd say probably $50. (He had a Zelda wii case set that he was supposed to give away as a prize or something, don't know if it happened) That leaves him with ~$150.

However, I'm fairly sure he's going to put that money into making the next tournament better. We'll be able to afford double the time if it's there, and we'll be able to give out bigger prizes. I know I didn't get any money out of it. No idea if anyone else who helped even did.

Oh, as for Certificates...he was probably planning on printing them out. But he was a noob and had ridiculously low ink levels in his printer. That's why I had to hand-write some of the signs pointing to the door.

That's all. Who knows if you actually read all of this. Enjoy the future tournaments...make them better. I'm in the National Guard and leave for Basic Training the 23rd, so I won't be back till September/October.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Burn seemed really burned out. Its all good. If you need help running the next one, I think I could do a good job. Also velocity has about a couple years experience running tournaments and I'm sure he wouldn't mind assisting. O yea crap...I shouldnt have underestimated cross. He ended up taking out two smashboards players. I got you next time. Also whats up with the results brackets. There were some good players that werent from smashboards like the guy who made it really far with bowser, almost taking out mexi. They should be noted too. Inui...calm down. its ok. velocitys G&W 3 stocking almost everyone. I stole some good stuff from him. LOL_master provided me with plenty of lawls. our team tags were too good(lol and lawl). good luck stealing m2k from velocity. TOS is too good. MMMMMEEEEEEEEEXXXXXIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

Beat

Smash Ace
Hey, thanks for the input, good sir. But we're not pro players or anything, we're just exceptional maybe. Besides, Brawl is shallow in comparison to the game before it, so there's not as many things to help separate and distinguish players of close skill levels.

Anywho, again, if you really wanna make it a fair singles tournament, seeding should be done after pools. But that takes time, which was an issue. For it to be a fairer venue you'd need... well, one of three things to happen.

1) More set-ups
2) More time
3) Less competitors, which is the worst option, obviously.

duo962

Smash Rookie
Burn seemed really burned out. Its all good. If you need help running the next one, I think I could do a good job. Also velocity has about a couple years experience running tournaments and I'm sure he wouldn't mind assisting. O yea crap...I shouldnt have underestimated cross. He ended up taking out two smashboards players. I got you next time. Also whats up with the results brackets. There were some good players that werent from smashboards like the guy who made it really far with bowser, almost taking out mexi. They should be noted too. Inui...calm down. its ok. velocitys G&W 3 stocking almost everyone. I stole some good stuff from him. LOL_master provided me with plenty of lawls. our team tags were too good(lol and lawl). good luck stealing m2k from velocity. TOS is too good. MMMMMEEEEEEEEEXXXXXIIIIIII!!!!!!!!
The Bowser player is Steve(Xerick). He's a friend of ours, boyfriend to Ali(Syin), John(Cross)'s younger sister. I'm amazed that he did that well, considering back in Melee I destroyed him pretty well with Jigglypuff last time we played.

Out of our group of friends, Chibo beat 4 of us. Me(Ness/Pokemon Trainer) first round, Dane(Lucas/Falcon) second, Greg(Scias the Kirby) 3rd, and John (Cross).

Velocity

Smash Lord
The Bowser player is Steve(Xerick). He's a friend of ours, boyfriend to Ali(Syin), John(Cross)'s younger sister. I'm amazed that he did that well, considering back in Melee I destroyed him pretty well with Jigglypuff last time we played.

Out of our group of friends, Chibo beat 4 of us. Me(Ness/Pokemon Trainer) first round, Dane(Lucas/Falcon) second, Greg(Scias the Kirby) 3rd, and John (Cross).
reALLY? chibo, he sucks though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Chocobo, shut the hell up. You're garbage at both Smash games and I'd wreck you in either. It's a new game and I lost to a character I've never even seen used well, let alone played against. I had no idea what I was doing and it was still last hit when Mexi actually has practice against my characters. Saying you had absolutely no clue what you were doing because it's a brand new game is a pretty legit john. Squirtle was moving around and doing moves and I had absolutely no idea what moves it was doing or what the range and priority was or anything. If you paid attention at all, you would have noticed that I took the loss gracefully and shook Mexi's hand afterwards because I don't mind losing to decent players.

As for the Inui/Cross issue. I'm sorry about that. Cross is a friend of ours, and Burn knows that he's a good player and has won quite a few of the previous tournaments that Game Crazy held. So for that issue, I ask that next time you please provide us with the fact that you're a pro player
Cross is actually not good. He's just another random "local hero" type that wins scrub tournies and owns his friends. I fourstocked the "local hero" near me twice in tourny. Winning a scrub gamestore tourny doesn't matter unless good people were actually there. Velocity, Chibo, Mexi, and myself are leagues above him. That's the honest truth.

Anyways...

Tristate power rankings are here, even though there's a factual error never corrected: Scar and I outplace/defeat Velocity consistently in Melee, and yet he's above us. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151726

NJ power rankings with an archive even. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99590

Thar be your proof that I'm not a scrub. Velocity and I were definitely the best players there, and Chibo and Mexi would admit it.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I stand up for my crew at all times, regardless of what happened.

If the ban on inui isn't removed and the tournament hosts friends don't stop acting like they're overly important, I'll make sure Montage's next big tourn is on the same day as this.

Also, chibo's math pisses me off, if it's right. I don't care how much a venue costs, NEVER POCKET OVER 2/3RDS OF THE MONEY. Who do you think you are? KotC? (Sorry, Joe, that's all)

I've had 3 people tell me this was a gross attempt at tournament playing and that's upsetting. Don't pick such an expesive place. Allow established players to help run this.

It's a shame, really.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Uhg more crazy replying I shouldn't have to do...

Velocity - lol, but Chibo sucks. You say that cause I can't beat you haha. W/e, I'll see ya on PA Power Rankings lol

Duo - Great input, good stuff.

Chocobo - Your Inui edit is freicken hilarious. I previously thought Fred Xenidis was the only one who has played on a giraffe, but it seems that I'm wrong.

Inui - Stop posting. Seriously. Stop. Stop. Stop.

Overall (pretty much in rebuttle to everything Inui said):

You can't underestimate players at all. This is my second Brawl tourney so far (been to a bunch of Melee ones though), and at my first one, (Montage's 2nd) I played plenty of players I've never even heard of before, and lost to 2 of them (One in pools, one in bracket). I can't believe everyone keeps saying Cross is a bad player. He gave me and Mexi a run for our money in teams, and took out Chocobo and Slikvik in singles. Also, I really appreciate his attitude towards the tournament as he had nothing but compliments for me after both our matches as I had the same for him. It just so happens that I have good Zelda Sheik practice from Ryoko lol, and from certain matchups I've studied on my own time, Pit was one of them. (I like picking on characters who can get gimped very easily lol as Pit can't use his upB after using it once in the air).

Also Inui, don't say Mexi has insane Pit practice... Mexi really doesn't play this game THAT often, atleast not like people like you or I who play it almost every day. We have a crew member who plays Pit, but Mexi has school on weekdays and work on weekends. Marth practice he has a bit more though which is what I was alluding to during your match. However you did shake his hand and congratulate him, something I didn't expect you to do haha.

I just still can't believe Inui's still trying to pull all this crap with like his past rankings and calling people garbage "local heroes" and stuff. You are the embodiment of what the smash community isn't, and should never be like. IMO the smash community is one of the most welcoming and friendly communities for any game and we stick up for each other, and if one of us is better than another, we help the others get better, not trash them to an endless existence. (trash talking is fun at times tho lol, but in a joking matter, hence Velocity).

Inui said:
What has Cross done? Probably nothing, because I don't see him here, and never saw him at Melee tournaments. He's not even good at Brawl. He got crushed today by a player not as good as me in both Smash games.
Assuming that Inui is referring to me who is the one that "crushed" Cross... I hate you Inui. Seriously. You're lucky I didn't play you today Inui. Sure you beat me in a money match like 3 weeks ago, but I got you down to last stock both times, and I've gotten a hell of a lot better since then. And so what I wasn't as good as you in Melee? You started playing competitive WAY earlier than I did, and had more chances to attend tournies and play more than I could. Some of us actually go to college and have a job.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
Chocobo, shut the hell up. You're garbage at both Smash games and I'd wreck you in either. It's a new game and I lost to a character I've never even seen used well, let alone played against. I had no idea what I was doing and it was still last hit when Mexi actually has practice against my characters. Saying you had absolutely no clue what you were doing because it's a brand new game is a pretty legit john. Squirtle was moving around and doing moves and I had absolutely no idea what moves it was doing or what the range and priority was or anything. If you paid attention at all, you would have noticed that I took the loss gracefully and shook Mexi's hand afterwards because I don't mind losing to decent players.

Cross is actually not good. He's just another random "local hero" type that wins scrub tournies and owns his friends. I fourstocked the "local hero" near me twice in tourny. Winning a scrub gamestore tourny doesn't matter unless good people were actually there. Velocity, Chibo, Mexi, and myself are leagues above him. That's the honest truth.

Anyways...

Tristate power rankings are here, even though there's a factual error never corrected: Scar and I outplace/defeat Velocity consistently in Melee, and yet he's above us. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151726

NJ power rankings with an archive even. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99590

Thar be your proof that I'm not a scrub. Velocity and I were definitely the best players there, and Chibo and Mexi would admit it.
inui is no noob at brawl/melee, whether he makes johns or not, it shouldn't reflect his skills in the game, oh and also, cross isn't the local hero, i've won all the gamestore tournies and have beaten him everytime except for the one of brawl release date, technically, i would be the local hero, it's just that he had all his friends there and made it seem like he's the local hero, to them, he might be, and obviously they will stand up for him regardless if he's arguing lolfully or not, personally, i think you shoud just not talk to him, and he feels the same way the way you feel abou him to you, so i guess you guys are mortal enemies although this is just a game....let alone, it's brawl.....taking this a bit too seriously, but lolls

duo962

Smash Rookie
I stand up for my crew at all times, regardless of what happened.

If the ban on inui isn't removed and the tournament hosts friends don't stop acting like they're overly important, I'll make sure Montage's next big tourn is on the same day as this.
Did you miss the part where Inui did something to get this "ban"? It's not like he's innocent.

Also, chibo's math pisses me off, if it's right. I don't care how much a venue costs, NEVER POCKET OVER 2/3RDS OF THE MONEY. Who do you think you are? KotC? (Sorry, Joe, that's all)
Read my post.

I've had 3 people tell me this was a gross attempt at tournament playing and that's upsetting. Don't pick such an expesive place. Allow established players to help run this.

It's a shame, really.
It was the first time. It'll get better. None of your tournaments that any of you have run were done without being less than par with stuff like MLG. Stop being an elitist ******.

Also, Inui, you lost. Stop making excuses for it and whining that you're still better because of blah blah blah.

duo962

Smash Rookie
inui is no noob at brawl/melee, whether he makes johns or not, it shouldn't reflect his skills in the game, oh and also, cross isn't the local hero, i've won all the gamestore tournies and have beaten him everytime except for the one of brawl release date, technically, i would be the local hero, it's just that he had all his friends there and made it seem like he's the local hero, to them, he might be, and obviously they will stand up for him regardless if he's arguing lolfully or not, personally, i think you shoud just not talk to him, and he feels the same way the way you feel abou him to you, so i guess you guys are mortal enemies although this is just a game....let alone, it's brawl.....taking this a bit too seriously, but lolls
Actually, I'm pretty sure all of us consider Greg (Scias) to be a little better than John (Cross). He just didn't got to the tournaments as much.

Beat

Smash Ace
Dearest Inui,

Melee isn't Brawl. And no duh that you'd beat me at both. I accept that fact, I play because I enjoy the game, not for the limelight you seem to need. It's sad how much stock you hold in both, I think they're the only things holding you together. Being good at a video game doesn't give you any right to treat people the way you do, moron. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. If you don't know a match-up, as I don't very often so far in Brawl, you should shut your mouth while you play. If you worried more about your spacing than running your mouth, perhaps you would've actually done better.

I understand that arguing with you is a bad decision, I don't know that you have the cognitive capacity to understand how silly you seem most of the time. You had legitimate complaints, but you can't throw around being a semipro at Melee in a Brawl tournament. We all know how the Smash engine works compared to what scrubs can understand, that's our only advantage.

However, you even acknowledged that it was a new game. Big mistake. Now I get full right to tell you to stop living in the Melee hayday as an excuse to cry again. Wow, you were recognized in the tristate. Nice work, we applaud you. It's an accomplishment that doesn't hold any weight at a Brawl venue. It's up to the director to listen to or ignore what you, I, or anyone else suggests (or in your case, screams, curses, or sobs) he change.

Stop talking trash on people just because they don't have your staggering post-count, idiot. Cross, unlike you, was humble as a winner and gracious as a loser. He understands the game, does well, and has the demeanor of a winner not only in the game, but as a winner of a person. Unlike you, he said nothing bad about anyone, and people rush to his defense as a result. Strangers, nonetheless.

I tried so hard to be nice to you all night, but once again your true colors as an ignorant sore loser, and all-around failure at being even a tolerable person, show as brightly as ever. If you don't like the venue, don't come next time. I promise you won't be missed.

<3Boco

Magus420

Smash Master
The hosts of this tournament need to respect known players. I was so offended that I simply left the room when you called that scrub Cross the real player over me. I'm ranked 5th in this state for Melee right now and was once 3rd in my prime, I got 2nd in singles and teams at a major Brawl tournament in Texas, I took out Wes and almost beat ChuDat and got top 8 at EVO East last year in Melee, and I was once ranked 10th in the tristate area. Even after quitting for over a month and not trying that hard, I stayed at 15th in the tristate. I've been on Smashboards a long time... I don't care how much you don't like me as a person, you will respect me and other known and good players as players or we won't come to your events or get others to come. I could potentially bring about 6 or 7 other players with me, but I'm not going to if you're going to have bad rules and not respect known players.

<3

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't care about anything you said, Chocobo, nor do I care in the slightest if you like me or not or what you think of me. That's why arguing with me is pointless, not that I'm unintelligent or other such nonsense. Being good at Melee translates into Brawl pretty easily beyond learning stuff about the new characters and the changes they made. Have you paid even a tiny amount of attention to Brawl tournament results? The same people amazing at Melee are the same ones winning most of the time, with a few exceptions here and there.

Also, Inui, you lost. Stop making excuses for it and whining that you're still better because of blah blah blah.
Good job having no idea what you're talking about.

Montage will probably host a tournament at my hotel on the same day this one occurs again.

But we'll have pools for extra play and seeding, DOUBLE ELIMINATION brackets, real rules, and a venue both nicer and triple the size of this one.

Good luck competing.

Edit: <3 Magus

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the sad thing about this is... id probably go to inui's tourney instead lol, unless rage can pull off double elim, though they wont do pools like montage does.... mmmm..... pools......

fawk, though i do get into the next rage for free lol

1500TH POST!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yes, we'll have pools, double elimination, real rules overall, and a huge and nice venue. We'll also seed teams even though there won't be pools for teams.

We will also have the amazing NINJA EDD there to help run things because he is awesome. And cute.

Beat

Smash Ace
The same people winning Melee and Brawl could also likely win other fighting games as well, some people are naturals. And I already admitted that people playing Melee do better at Brawl from the get-go because we understand the fighting engine of the game.

I'm sorry if my overt criticism and insults have banned me from Chateau le Inui tournaments, but I stand by the fact that you should calm down and delegate with people when you want change instead of your approach of having a hissy fit. Throwing your previous experiences around will earn you nothing here. When a Brawl scrub runs a venue, it's probably unlikely that he really cares that you were a good Sheik main in the hayday. He only cares that you're annoying him.

However, I was calm and light-hearted, and what did I get? An assload of free stickers. Move on. If you really run a better tournament, and you turn out to be man enough to take my insults with a grain of salt instead of banning me (how ironic it would be to do that), I'd obviously compete at the tournament with more time, set-ups, and experience.

Edit:

I really want to like you, I do. Whether or not you care about that fact is your call, but I make every effort to like smashers. Ask Chibo, who I've had more arguments with than I've had breaths in my body. Let's all move on and actually try to build up this game's tourney scene, shall we?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Who said you were banned from my tournaments? I've no intention on ever banning anyone. I want anyone to show up, regardless of me hating them or not, because it gets the venue more attention and more money.

Nobody is banned. That's just silly. You're welcome to come. I'd still even get you a room at the hotel at a super cheap rate if you wanted it. I'm a good host.

Beat

Smash Ace
I don't really hate you. I'm just not going to say "i love chocobo."
The important part is that you feel it. :kirby: Honestly, this was just bad for everyone... Not the venue, but the ensuing arguments. This isn't what smash is about. Everyone's crossing lines, myself included. I didn't like how you acted and insulted people, and I reciprocated by doing the same thing.

Hopefully you, me, and everyone involved can look back on last night and learn from it.

For example, I learned that I love stickers.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm gonna yell at duo cause scar is bored.

Did you miss the part where Inui did something to get this "ban"? It's not like he's innocent.
I don't give a **** what he said. If you can't handle being talked at, then don't go out of your ****ing house.

It was the first time. It'll get better. None of your tournaments that any of you have run were done without being less than par with stuff like MLG. Stop being an elitist ******.
No first time johns. There are PLENTY of people anyone of you could have asked to help, but instead tried to do it alone, and you got slammed for it.

MLG gives away the upwards of 10,000 dollars, and have sponsors like Dr. Pepper. We run tournaments in small venues without sponsors, first, with fair rulesets, second with more than one judge, and third with more people saying they'll return.

As for the ban, Inui talks ****. So what? Are you going to ban ALL OF NY? Most of Florida?

The person beat inui cause inui didn't know wtf he was doing against PT. Inui's fault, yes, but that doesn't mean mexi is better.

Velocity lost to inui, does that mean inui is better? No. It's one instance.

duo should do a 50$ MM with me? I'm just some elitest ******, right? Get at me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Velocity is definitely better than me at Brawl. :(

Or Game and Watch's offense is too insane for people to hande at the moment.

Oh well, either way, he wins more.

duo should do a 50$ MM with me? I'm just some elitest ******, right? Get at me.
The local hero Cross wouldn't do a $50 MM with me even if he got an extra stock over me. >_>;

Beat

Smash Ace
I don't give a **** what he said. If you can't handle being talked at, then don't go out of your ****ing house.
I appreciate the valor in sticking up for a friend, but really, he was out of line. While a ban wasn't deserved, Inui also needs to learn a lesson from this. We all do. He was providing a service, a venue for us. It is our choice as to whether or not we enter, given his rules. Altercations like this one ruin the competitive spirit. Most deliberations over rules should remain as such: deliberations, not shouting matches. And honestly? Mostly every rules was laid out ahead of time. While I disliked some of them, I entered of my own volition. There are no rule johns. If a rule is silly and a player loses because of it (I lost the first match of a set to the laughably short time limit and Sudden Death rule myself), they need to realize it was a possibility from the start. If someone detests the rules, they should not enter until the tournament director changes the rules, or not at all.

Duo should do a 50$ MM with me? I'm just some elitest ******, right? Get at me.
I can't stress enough how silly your counter-argument just became as a result of this sentence alone.

Imagine this for a moment. You're playing touch football with some pals, and one person disagrees with when you deserve a first down. Sure, any football player or fan worth his salt knows the rule is 10 yards, but it's the other guy thinks it should be 15, and he's the only kid in town who owns a pigskin. He even called you to let you know ahead of time that you'd be playing 15-yards for the first down.

You don't have to toss the ball around, but you want to. So, at least for the moment, the healthy thing to do is to play the game anyway, then at a later time (or before the game starts), sit the guy down and lay out why you think your rules are better. They're better because they're widely accepted by people who understand the mechanics of the game with more depth.

Or you could tell your friend that he got slammed and tell him it's time to throw down.

On a side note, one tournament really doesn't prove who was the best one there. However, I don't see Mexi trying to defend the claim that he was the best, beacuse he's a big person and lets his action talk for him. I'm honestly not claiming I'm better than I placed, because I'm really sure that I'm not. However, a lot of people did more poorly than we thought would happen. That happens in Brawl, it's simply not as deep as it's predicessor. We'll all know where we stand soon enough, but in the meantime we're better off just playing the game and learning what we can.

<3 You all,
Boco

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Inui, just stop acting so **** cocky. It's ****ing annoying. No one wants to lose to you cause you'll talk **** for the rest of time using different games as why you are better in one. You realy just need to be quiet and play.

Especially when you lose, you look like super ****. I coulda talked all the crap in the world when I beat you in tourney 2 days ago but I didn't say anything. Even after you yelled "Time to **** Keitaro" and "Me and you are going to fight next Atomsk!!" when you know you had to play me first.

If you don't like the way the tourney is set-up, don't go in the first place. You already had ROT8 curse you out and if Burn didn't I'm surprised he didn't. You even bashed DM at your own crew's tourney.

Just stop talking mess at tourneys. It makes you look awful.

Beat

Smash Ace
The local hero Cross wouldn't do a $50 MM with me even if he got an extra stock over me. >_>;
50 dollars is a lot of money to me. I wouldn't take that offer even if I was confident I was better on an even playing field, even with the stock advantage.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm pretty sure all of us consider Greg (Scias) to be a little better than John (Cross). He just didn't got to the tournaments as much.
um greg doesn't care, that's why he never did great, i know because i have hung out with him several times, i think it's cool he does well and not care, reminds me sort of isai...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i think i forgot to mention (i remember someone brought it up), the part of the bracket i put up was a small section of what was there. there were a few rounds before those that i saw, and there were other good players in those blanks, i just dont remember their names. i did my best to remember what i could, but i can assure that what i did post is correct. i didnt want to guess for anything else.

also DM, seriously.... you didnt even go to this. stop arguing about all this.

and burn did make an effort to get help from the community when he posted here on smashboards and due to our input everything was changed quite a bit. remember when temple and new pork were neutral stages? yea, they werent in the tourney thanks to smashboards haha.

and DM, first tourney johns are legitimate, especially when you arent in the competitive scene rly. everyone knows CoT is awesome, and u wanna kno what my first tourney was before i was rly into competitive scene? it was a ~24 person bracket single elim played out on one TV. (however i took no money out for myself from the pot lol, and rules were standard)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Stop capitalizing my name.

WHY does everyone do this? I don't understand.

Also, smash is gay, let's all play halo3.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
waaahhh brawlmeleeteamsrulesstagesitemsmetaknightshiningisn'tasgoodbuttonsbuttonscampingcamping waaaahhhhhhhhh

xcannibal6corpse

Smash Rookie
i think it turned out alright i mean burn was being retarted. Ive played cross before and from my standing he is really good. The tourney would of been better if it was double elim. but they didnt have the place for too long. I had fun and while i didnt really know who any of yous people were i still had fun playing brawl with yous and i think yous are really good at it

as for hosting the tourney perhapps one of your could pm burn and directly offer to help with it i enjoyed the stickers i thought they were a nice touch

the place was really cramped but i dont think it was horrible and as for the whole holding your tourney on the same day just to spite burn , i mean thats just childish

and as for duo
he doesn't just play brawl , he doesn't play it every day infact he didnt play it for like 3-4 days before the tournament now wether that was a good decision or not isnt for me to say but he wasnt trashtalking any one at the tournament . or saying omg i dont know how to play new characters because all i play is mele and pokemon trainer is so unpredictable because there are 3 of them i dont know priority and range

and dm(no caps on your name ) duo does play halo 3 so i mean if you want to play you should add him on there

Top Bottom