• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RaF presents: SMASH ROYALE - Freiburg, Germany - July 25/26/27 - 70 ppl/8 countrys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Interested! if only more dutchies would go...

I thought maby all dutchies that where gonna go to belgium would go

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

those would be the stages (but without Onett, we decided to ban it)
other then that the basic stuff like Stage Agree, Advanced Slob Picks, Stagebanning on, Daves Stupid Rule, Double Blind Picks
Uhm could someone please explain these for me >_< (Stage Agree, Advanced Slob Picks, Stagebanning on, Daves Stupid Rule, Double Blind Picks)

I can know and can guess most, but double blind pick, advanced slob pick, and daves stupid rule are completely unknown to me..

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
double blind pick means neitehr knows what char the other picks (one tells someone who he picks, then the other picks his char)
advanced slob picks: the counterpick system... looser picks stage, winner picks char, looser picks char
daves stupid rule: you cannot pick the stage you last won on

rest l8ter ^^
gotta go

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
stupid rules with stupid stages...
guys, not that french people can't play on weird ****ed up stages, but seriously, I'm asking you to reconsider the stage rules... you must agree that this tournament is getting kinda european... in France, we play only on 3 neutral stages, for epita and other tourneys, we made some efforts and put more stages, to please the european community....
I think you should reconsider the stage rules and ban more stages, they only advantage noobs against above-average players, and it just sucks, I really don't know how this kind of rule is better for competition...
anyway, just think about the europeanness of this tournament, and adapt, BITTE !

$hYne

Smash Ace
Actually i don't consider changing the rules because of several reasons:

1. Each country has its own ruleset. I've been to France twice and played the french rules, also i've been to italy and switzerland and played their rules, so actually i would say its kinda normal to accept the countrys ruleset if you travel there. However this is just my personal oppinion.

2. The german community made great effort to create a ruleset that really is fair from every point you look at. The Backroom on the german boards checked every stage extensive and all of the stages wie decided to leave counterpickable are playable and dont have any hazard which make the stage worth banning.

3. You said we should think about the europeans coming. Actually i dont think that really many of them think that the ruleset is so "stupid". The guys from Netherland have been to "Never gonna Smash you up" in Berlin and played almost the same ruleset and i don't think that it was a big deal ... Also benoit himself told me, that he does not like the french ruleset because it has to less stages. So not even everyone from france is against our ruleset.

Edit: The pools for melee singles:

Pool 1
Armada
Jules
Timo
KonfusIoN
thehunter shs

Pool 2
Basic_Revenge
Dou!
Makkura
FleX
Salpate

Pool 3
Darko
de_glory^
TapA
XL
Yume
thestriker shs

Pool 4
Baxon
kJaB
L!te
Norm
Sei Shin Casios
Kratos

Pool 5
Cube
Ravenlord
r!0t
Wii Lee
Matux
Serpit

Pool 6
.tea
Jamie
Joanna Dark
reaper
Sanchan
Eternal_Sonic

Pool 7
Black_Echo
Aniolas
Drrwish
Tero
Vegeta214
*Sub*

Pool 8
Fox128
Izaw
Long
Wintersun
Däumling
Boo

Pool 9
AE.
Broken Bone
Dizplay
Kumi
MUGG
BBB

Pool 10
CJay
lexxil
porc
Pamaro
thesmasher shs
UCK

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
bouh :(
I kinda expected this answer.... well, with AE and boo, we're training on these stupid stages anyway... ok it's freeplay, but everytime we play on a counterpick stage, something weird and not tournament-fitted happens...
also, ever heard of a compromise?

$hYne

Smash Ace
You have to understand, that there is a large number on german players and i dont consider it fair to bann all the stages they maybe trained on to use them as counterpicks, since were in germany and they all expect a normal german ruleset.

There were also much arguings becuase we banned Onett.

porc

Smash Journeyman
hi tero. just wanted to let you know that wii lee is no longer coming (he warned us yesterday).

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
I agree with joanna dark,
your stages are just incompatible with a good smash game.

Playing in the four stages on the up-left corner is the dumbest thing I ever seen....

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Semi ban means the stage is banned (or not) for teams.
For instance, Mute City is available for counterpick in singles, but banned for teams.

Anyway, JD and Darko, you're nice and all, and I think you're right, since I totally disagree with this ruleset. But three days before the tournament kinda isn't the moment for raising such a debate.
So deal with it, and next time, start the discussion earlier.

Luma

Smash Lord
oh come on really **** you guys
you are the only friggn country which plays with that less stages
just learn them and stop whining, all of those's stage have been on for so many tournaments so if you still cant play on them, you suck @ smash
easy goin'

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
well, if the other guys from netherlands are still intressted, maybe i could find a cheap way to travel here, talk to me on msn or something...

also: @ JD and AE
lol, your phone stopped working, sry bout that xD

Biscuit-Sama

Smash Journeyman
Well at least I'm interested, even though I have to work on friday till 17:00 and I seriously wón't go if I'm all by myself xD
I dont'really have an idea of transport. Yeah I got a car, but I just got it a week ago; not using it for this xD

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
I realize it's a bit too late to bring up this debate, but still, no trying, no getting :p
@ Luma : don't be a prick, I know how to play on these stages, in the past we had that kind of ruleset, but we changed progressively to the ruleset we have now...

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay, arguments regarding rules, I've seem them somewhere before... :p

IMO, the current ruleset, with the stages, is what I'd expect going to most european countries.
I may be wrong, it's a long time since I've been to foreign tourneys, but when I hear about more conservative stage settings I think of only two countries. France and Japan.
However, correct me if I'm wrong, as there might be other scenes that've changed during the years.

Also, didn't mean to start up this discussion again, just wanted to vent my view on the whole thing.
*goes back to non-smashage*

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The Netherlands and Spain are both far more conservative than Germany, considering this ruleset.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
The Netherlands and Spain are both far more conservative than Germany, considering this ruleset.
True.
From the most conservative to the most permissive :
Japan <<<< France < Spain <<<< The Netherlands <<<<<<< Germany < Sweden < Norway < The United States.

Back on topic : I've heard that Armada and Aniolas aren't coming ?
That's good for the Frenchies :p But too bad for everyone =/

A-D

Smash Journeyman
seeing those pools make me wanna come and play T_T

I wish i could teleport there or something :\

Aniolas

Smash Ace
I thinks the rule is just fine, and I think the majority agree.

As Slhoka said, me and Armada are not comming.
I had really looking forward to the tourney, but some problems came up just days before the
tourney which result that some people could not attend.

We were about to make a roadtrip to the tournament, but now it will be to expensive and
the other options are either to expensive or a little bit too risky (can't risk to miss my job next week).

I hope the tournament will be a blast, and I wish everyone good luck.

Izaw

Smash Ace
wow, thnx for that :D

let us know when you got the matches up by the way ;O

i'm bored as hell, want to watch the fights lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom