• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.U.N Crew is over, was good friends. Lock this thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I have never agreed with you more. 21 and still asking permission to go to places. LMAO. Cultural connections my ***. Your parents are strict and you are still children who can't tell them in an mature way (because you are afraid of the results and are still dependent on them which is another story all entirely) that you are old enough to make your own decisions.
What a completely idiotic post. I increased the size of the most ridiculous argument. No matter how mature anyone is, if they ask their parents something, their parents can still say no. If you continue to disagree and say you can do whatever you want you can get kicked out of your house, ggnore. When you're in COLLEGE you can't possibly work full time and pay to live somewhere that is as large/comfortable as your parents house.

PRiDE

Smash Lord

What a completely idiotic post. I increased the size of the most ridiculous argument. No matter how mature anyone is, if they ask their parents something, their parents can still say no. If you continue to disagree and say you can do whatever you want you can get kicked out of your house, ggnore. When you're in COLLEGE you can't possibly work full time and pay to live somewhere that is as large/comfortable as your parents house.
That statement is ABSOLUTELY FALSO. When I went to RU, I was on my own. My parents could not pay for my college. So I filed for whatever loans I could get to pay tuition and I worked at the RU book store almost 30 hours a week while going full time and graduated with honors. My 30 hours payed for rent in an off campus apartment with 4 other people for two years and I lived quite comfortably. Just because you are too to lazy work/study (God forbid) doesn't mean it isn't possible. But I suppose playing Smash on the weekends and in between classes doesn't leave much room for work. LMAO.

Eazy, it is part jealousy I suppose that people could go to school and just simply rely on Mom and Dad to do and pay for everything. After all the **** I went through seeing these posts make me ill. There is also another reason that I really can't get into on the forums...

But yeah Eazy, I shouldn't be taking out any of my anger issues on people that I care for so my apologies go out to Yes! and Keitaro. Hope you guys can make it to cot4, which is all I care about in the end.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
how dare everyone not be able to find 3 or 4 people to rent with

or not be gifted at studying/school work

or not have extremely demanding curriculums

:mad:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
johns

10johns
Of course dude, whenever something completely out of the person's control happens, its totally just an excuse. -_-;

Some things are not within the person's control, let alone that YOUR experiences are just that, YOUR experiences.
You cannot try to state that the experiences in your life, in a representative of what an individual can or cannot do.
It is hardly anything to equate to johns.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Yet another completely idiotic post.

That statement is ABSOLUTELY FALSO. When I went to RU, I was on my own. My parents could not pay for my college. So I filed for whatever loans I could get to pay tuition and I worked at the RU book store almost 30 hours a week while going full time and graduated with honors. My 30 hours payed for rent in an off campus apartment with 4 other people for two years and I lived quite comfortably.
Tiny off campus apartment != nice house.

You also graduated with honors to become a middle school teacher. As shocking as it might sound, some majors require more work than others.

Just because you are too to lazy work/study (God forbid) doesn't mean it isn't possible. But I suppose playing Smash on the weekends and in between classes doesn't leave much room for work. LMAO.
Incorrect nonsense.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also, Inui, I duno if you actually are being fair about what you say. If your dad said...no more tournies in the hotel, would you be able to hold them? If your dad kicked you out of the hotel, where would you stay? You would have to work alot, and live the life of an adult. Thats the price that most people have to pay if they choose to simply defy their parents. I think maybe your dad is just less strict on you. It doesnt change the fact that if he chose to, he could make you do whatever he wanted, right?
If my dad tried to stop me from running events, I'd raise my venue fee to $5 and give the owner of the hotel a cut. Money talks louder than my dad can.

I have a lot of other family members I can live with, so my dad can't really threaten me with that. He'd also get way too much hate from my mom's side of the family if he tried to kick me out.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If my dad tried to stop me from running events, I'd raise my venue fee to $5 and give the owner of the hotel a cut. Money talks louder than my dad can.

I have a lot of other family members I can live with, so my dad can't really threaten me with that. He'd also get way too much hate from my mom's side of the family if he tried to kick me out.
this guy has it made:laugh:

MalcolmM

Smash Lord

WOOOOOOOOOSH!

and eazy's point flew right over his head.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
what pride's gonna say next is that my friend who's mom didn't let him go to community college so now he's working his *** off for the past 3 years to move out is too lazy so he doesn't deserve it.

PRiDE

Smash Lord

You also graduated with honors to become a middle school teacher. As shocking as it might sound, some majors require more work than others.

Umm, I graduated in Italian literature and minored in linguistics, not Education. I also took general linguistics, Italian linguistics, phonology, history of the Italian language, history of the romance languages, all at the University of Florence. These were courses designed for REAL Italian students living in Italy, not foreigners. The professor didn't care what country you came from. The finals consisted of you standing front of 100 other Italian students and having the professor DRILL you on the course matter. The grade was all or nothing. Don't assume that things are easy for people just because they aren't in an engineering/science course.

On a side note.. Bwett is coming to COT4! Which means there will now be 3 hardcore Yoshi mains at this tourn!!!!!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Ugh... Yoshi sucks... may he lick many grenades... and yo eazy lemme know if you can house one more person for me... if u can hit me up on aim or something

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I agree, Sneak, Yoshi sucks :) May he be bair'd and dsmashed for all eternity :laugh:

Surriously guys, drama is dumb and pointless. If someone has strict parents, there's no need to be a judgemental a$$hole. I'm not saying names but yeah...We obviously have a handle on things if we're still going to tournies, so just be supportive like FRIENDS are supposed to be.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I agree, Sneak, Yoshi sucks :) May he be bair'd and dsmashed for all eternity :laugh:

Surriously guys, drama is dumb and pointless. If someone has strict parents, there's no need to be a judgemental a$$hole. I'm not saying names but yeah...We obviously have a handle on things if we're still going to tournies, so just be supportive like FRIENDS are supposed to be.
FRIENDS? Puah, your the competition.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Sneak, I have tons of people staying. I still have d1 on the fence as well so its really not looking like I will have the space.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Umm, I graduated in Italian literature and minored in linguistics, not Education. I also took general linguistics, Italian linguistics, phonology, history of the Italian language, history of the romance languages, all at the University of Florence. These were courses designed for REAL Italian students living in Italy, not foreigners. The professor didn't care what country you came from. The finals consisted of you standing front of 100 other Italian students and having the professor DRILL you on the course matter. The grade was all or nothing. Don't assume that things are easy for people just because they aren't in an engineering/science course.
I never said you majored in education. Just that you graduated to become a middle school teacher.

Am I supposed to be impressed that you stood in front of 100 Italian students and knew the material for the course? tbh...I'm not. You need to know 100% of any course for any final. Obviously when it involves a language you're going to have to speak it. Finals being all of your grade is common outside of this country. None of this changes the fact that there are significantly harder majors.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
None of this changes the fact that there are significantly harder majors.
"Hard" is relative to the person's drive, talent, and understanding. There's no such thing as hard, you bunch of ******s.

omg. Except Super Ghouls and Ghosts. omfg/omg/omfg.

Seriously, though, comparing course work is stupid.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
"Hard" is relative to the person's drive, talent, and understanding. There's no such thing as hard, you bunch of ******s.

omg. Except Super Ghouls and Ghosts. omfg/omg/omfg.

Seriously, though, comparing course work is stupid.
Lmao thats bs boy.

It is not a discussion of individuals. On average most people would find certain courses far more difficult than others. The school system is maintained and functions off of the premise that somethings are harder to learn than others. This is why you learn them at different times, and in college are awarded different amounts of credits.

Some classes have very helpful curves because it is generally KNOWN that the course is very difficult for the average person/student. Bringing up outliers in a discussion based on generalizations is yuck.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
On average most people would find certain courses far more difficult than others.
Average is a word to describe the mediocre. On average, the world lives in poverty. Don't run things down to generalizations.

Moot.

so dm is a psych major going to be agonizing over school work moreso than a biochemistry major?
If either of them struggle to the point that it's agonizing, they're going outside their menial reach. If you're in such a state, perhaps a new field?

Sure, learning shouldn't be the easiest, but if you don't understand the material, you're just trying to break the mold you were made in. Why? Some people need to makes rockets find other life forms. Others need to clean toilets to feed their families. Who the **** are you guys to judge which one is better?

You're all egotistical idiots.

Talks of majors versus other majors is laughable.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Average is a word to describe the mediocre. On average, the world lives in poverty. Don't run things down to generalizations.

Moot.

If either of them struggle to the point that it's agonizing, they're going outside their menial reach. If you're in such a state, perhaps a new field?

Sure, learning shouldn't be the easiest, but if you don't understand the material, you're just trying to break the mold you were made in. Why? Some people need to makes rockets find other life forms. Others need to clean toilets to feed their families. Who the **** are you guys to judge which one is better?

You're all egotistical idiots.

Talks of majors versus other majors is laughable.
Are you at all denying the concept of average as usable in this conversation? Are you implying that average is some low level area in which no one with a brain dwells in? Everyone is average in somethings, above and below average in others. How is this decided? by some egotistical person randomly assigning average tags? Nah, by reasonable comparison my friend.

The same is done with inanimate things like courses. You look at how much time it should take to learn a concept, how much effort it takes to do a problem, etc, and you can find out how difficult, on average, the course is. Yes, some people may have their own guage of difficulty on courses, however, for the most part, it will resemble that of the average person, OR THE PERSON WILL REALIZE THAT THEY ARE GIFTED, AND CAN PROBABLY SEE WHY THE COURSE IS SEEN AS DIFFICULT TO OTHERS, WHO ARE NOT AS GIFTED.

A guy with a 3 inch tool, who lasts 45 seconds is going to be judged as a pretty ****ty lover. When he finds that one woman who loves every 45 seconds as the best lay she's ever had, it doesnt change the fact that, on average, he's a horrible in the sack, and only slightly better than you.:p

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
And I teach both High School and Middle School classes. >_> But you say that like its an easy thing to do or get into..
In comparison to doing premed then going to med school? In comparison to being a chemical engineer? Yeah, it is easier. Does it still require time and effort? Obviously. Could everyone do it? No. That doesn't mean that you can just say "Oh because I got an off-campus apartment and graduated with honors and took loans no one is allowed to complain about their workload and the idea of working to pay for an apartment instead of living at home."

dm, you're just being an idiot. Something that takes 10 hours is obviously more work than something that takes 5, that is 100% undeniable.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Do you have a 3 inch tool easy? Is this what its all about? :laugh:
LMAO screw you pride!

Note to everyone being housed. I have 3 tv's for sure, and maybe 2 more if my sisters go out somewhere friday night yada yada yada. Can anyone bring setups? If not there will be some upset people. Im going to do my best to house everyone who is there, comfortably. But realize this, my crew is my main concern, this goes for training before the tournament as well.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Are you at all denying the concept of average as usable in this conversation?
Yes. Hard is relative, and average only counts when you're comparing the average. Pride shows talent and understanding in his field, whereas people without such ability would consider it hard. Probably as Calculus is to some. Whereas some find it easy.

We're not comparing the average. We're comparing those this thread.

As for my "tool." I have a pretty good record, thanks. ^_~

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Pride, you are like 85, the requirments for living in an apartment alone back then is completelty different from now. Now, it requires money. Anyone could say, yeah son, Ima move out on the street in the cold and survive by selling coupons from the government while studying or traveling to the USSR to get a degree in panda, why must someone go through all this stress for "freedom", hmm? You will most likely die earlier because you did all this stuff Pride and Spam will live to be 185. Playing smash in between classes is called a stress reliever, some people masturbate but they never win money for that. Anyway, look, you did ALL this stuff and say it is possible but guess what? You turned out liking other men so their is a price for living on your own.

Everyone, Don't listen to DM, he wants you to fail in life and only cares about pleasing his own organs in a mass market, he is sorta like eazy but without the third nipple and he can speak faster than chudat preejaculates. He tricks you into reading his posts that start off logical but then goes into garbage, Example.

"You know Pride, the average person is only defined by his skills of general Society but if MetaKnight uses his cape in the forest, no one will hear it"

See what I mean? Like, WTF is he talking about at the end? He tricks you, he gets away with it and he is the only one to become an success in life.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Pride, you are like 85, the requirments for living in an apartment alone back then is completelty different from now. Now, it requires money. Anyone could say, yeah son, Ima move out on the street in the cold and survive by selling coupons from the government while studying or traveling to the USSR to get a degree in panda, why must someone go through all this stress for "freedom", hmm? You will most likely die earlier because you did all this stuff Pride and Spam will live to be 185. Playing smash in between classes is called a stress reliever, some people masturbate but they never win money for that. Anyway, look, you did ALL this stuff and say it is possible but guess what? You turned out liking other men so their is a price for living on your own.

Everyone, Don't listen to DM, he wants you to fail in life and only cares about pleasing his own organs in a mass market, he is sorta like eazy but without the third nipple and he can speak faster than chudat preejaculates. He tricks you into reading his posts that start off logical but then goes into garbage, Example.

"You know Pride, the average person is only defined by his skills of general Society but if MetaKnight uses his cape in the forest, no one will hear it"

See what I mean? Like, WTF is he talking about at the end? He tricks you, he gets away with it and he is the only one to become an success in life.

I am teh_spamerer, and I approve of this message

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Playing smash in between classes is called a stress reliever, some people masturbate but they never win money for that. Anyway, look, you did ALL this stuff and say it is possible but guess what? You turned out liking other men so their is a price for living on your own.
LMAO!!!! Everytime I read these lines I laugh out loud irl :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom