• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.U.N Crew is over, was good friends. Lock this thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
for referrence - cactus lives right outside of drexel U to give u an idea keitarohe lives on 40 or 42nd, i forget, and drexel is 32-34th streets

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I thought you already asked him. Why should I have to ask Eazy if you can sleep over for you? You most likely speak to him more (over aim at least) so I thought you did before asking me for a ride. I also don't know where Cactus Mansion and it besta not be far if you end up wanting to go there.
You ****en SCRUB! Text messages between me and Keitaro

"Yo you can give me a ride to cot4 right?" - me
"Yea, i got you np." - Keitaro
"What day would we leave?" - me
"I think were leaving Friday night to Eazy's" - Keitaro

How was I supposed to know we were even going to Eazy's and ask him to let me sleep over when the *first* time you tell me about Eazy's is "We're going Friday night to his place"?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
So who's definitely riding with keitaro friday?

Me (I hope)
Spam (I hope)
Eazy
Keitaro
____ ? should be malcolm since he asked so far in advance imo

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Like honestly it is not a biggie on who is in the car. Getting to my house with trains is like brain dead simple. So if there is a situation as far as riding goes, i will just catch the train with people 2 my place. Seriously, its not hard 2 get 2 my place at all.
So figure out who is riding in the car, but be aware that those who get crapped out of the ride, have dibs on sleeping spots.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So who's definitely riding with keitaro friday?

Me (I hope)
Spam (I hope)
Eazy
Keitaro
____ ? should be malcolm since he asked so far in advance imo
Sugarsheik asked and confirmed before any of ya'll did in early Jan or late Dec so my car is pretty much full right now between Me, you, Spam, Eazy, and Sugar.

If you still wanna stay by Cactuar's place Spam it's no prob since Chibo says he lives close to Drexel.

I want everyone who's able to stay at Eazy's be able to come so if anyone absolutely can't take the train to Eazy's maybe someone can switch their car ride spot to taking the train instead.

@ Spam: Your getting ***** by the PTrainer for not asking Eazy to sleep over still :p

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I can house everyone. Malcolm was actually the first on that list to ask about housing, but it doesnt matter, everyone can get housed.

As for the ride, its really Keitaros call.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman

:( They didn't all go up. Oh wellz, I can wait
Yeah, I don't know what was up with youtube,

Have the second ditto with you and pierce, the set where you ***** me with wario, and the last one of your wario vs yes' snake going up hopefully tonight. I think that's everything.

Also, is MOB gonna play anywhere at all besides wednesday night this week? You guys need to practice for CoT4 and I'm going to be mad bored this week.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
i'll try to woly. i wanna get tons of studying done to make up for not studying all of CoT weekend.

dont forget about the falcon replays on keit's wii plz <3 (anything with pink falcon)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how far is the cot4 venue from RU because i might go then come back then go again next morning lulz

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
No one posted results from yesterday?

1st/2nd Spam
1st/2nd Umbra
3rd Yes!
4th Pierce
5th Ryko
5th ??
7th Eazy
7th ??
9th Keitaro
9th and beyond ??
I'm totally in the 9th and Beyond slot.

Anyways, figured I'd finally stop lurking and post something here. I'm the ****ty Marth/Snake player that's been lurking around Rutgers when you guys meet up.

Reason I'm posting instead of lurking? Cause I'm tired of people asking who the hell I am everytime I go. I swear only Eazy and Ryko even remember who I am (and even then I'm not sure about Eazy XD) You can call me Tsu or Pat. Whichever. I don't care.

So yeah, things to ask/say:

Is everyone practicing at Rutgers on Wednesday? If so, where? I assume Busch.

Yes! needs to teach me Snake ****it. At the same time, 7d needs to teach me Marth. (Eazy or Keit is also acceptable)

Ryko needs to stop sucking with Ike.

Ike needs to stop sucking in general.

DMBrandon owes me a rematch in GNT EX3. My Lee vs. His Neji. No more Air Palm BS. Money match son! I've got....uhh....57 cents in my pocket right now. That'll do right?

Also page claim for post 1. Not a bad start.

Keitaro

Wow

So my parents don't really want me going to tournies so I told them I was going to a museum exhibition in Philly for the weekend.

Somehow my mom wakes me up 5:30 in the morning talking about I'm lying and that I'm trying to go to a tournament this weekend.....WTF?!?!!?

lol, how the hell did she figure that out?? Wow!! She wants me to show her I'm telling the truth sometime later today. Let's see how tricky I am, lol!

There is a museum in Philly though and I searched up some exhibitions just now but I'm just very surprised that she would come outta nowhere and suspect me of going to a tournament.

Keitaro

I just spoke to my bro about it and he said that he's sure my mom is just guessing I am and doesn't really know if I'm going to a tourney.

So now I gotta make my lie concrete :D

I told them I'm going to Philly for a museum exhibition on Saturday and for another one on Sunday at Philly's art museum.

Either way, everything should be fine cause my parents are going to Ohio for the weekend so they can't make me stay home but if anyone can come up with ideas to make my life easier please let me know.

For Eazy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2P-VLQg4Yk&feature=related

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ask for a ticket/button/something to prove you were at a museum(s). Or you could just get one from one museum and say you went to it twice.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Ask for a ticket/button/something to prove you were at a museum(s). Or you could just get one from one museum and say you went to it twice.
You know guys... uhhh... I dunno if it's going to help you Keit but my sister lives across the street from the Franklin Institute in Philly, which is also like a few blocks from the Art Museum.

I could possibly just ask her for brochures if you really need evidence. I couldn't get them to you until this Monday (as in 7 days from now) at the earliest but... if you need 'em, just say the word.

Rocann

Smash Lord
has a lot to do with the fact that the majority of us are in college which doesn't allow us time to have a job that can:

pay our tuition
buy our food
pay for wherever we live
car insurance/gas

so our parents are doing that, which leaves us indebted and they have some degree of control over our lives. also it's not a terrible thing to respect your parents' wishes, whether that be by listening to them or by lying to them, it still shows it matters what they think. it's hard to just completely disregard what they say

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Seems more like "complete butt ****" than "some degree of control" to me. I think I had more freedom when I was 16..........

Oh well. It sucks for you guys.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Enemy Controller is hosting yet another tournament on the 28th! The venue is a nice hotel, and if I definitely get the Windsor Room, it'll be very spacious. The Garden Room is pretty good, too. The tournaments are always ran really well and don't end super late. Singles pays out top 5, teams pays out top 4, and there will be crews with top 3 getting paid out! Most of you have been there before and know my events are great.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219276
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4675

Please click the "I am attending this tournament" link on the AiB page and post in the tournament topics to spread the word! :D

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Seems more like "complete butt ****" than "some degree of control" to me. I think I had more freedom when I was 16..........

Honestly, alot of it is cultural. Keit and Yes!'s parents have strong connections to their home countries, and their attitudes and restrictions are much of a result of it.

Also, Inui, I duno if you actually are being fair about what you say. If your dad said...no more tournies in the hotel, would you be able to hold them? If your dad kicked you out of the hotel, where would you stay? You would have to work alot, and live the life of an adult. Thats the price that most people have to pay if they choose to simply defy their parents. I think maybe your dad is just less strict on you. It doesnt change the fact that if he chose to, he could make you do whatever he wanted, right?

My mom lets me do whatever I want, because she knows I can handle myself as an adult, but if for some reason she didnt want me doing something, who am I to disobey her? Unless Im ready to be alone in supporting my life, I'd do whatever she asked.( not without atleast 8 hours of logical disagreement of course)

Keitaro

Thanks for the advise guys, I got a good plan now.

In class today my teacher gave out a consent form for my class to go to a museum in 2 weeks on a Monday. Since the form doesn't have a date on it, I took a copy of the form and plan on signing it with someone else writing the date for this Saturday and Sunday and for the Philly Art Museum.

Imma try that on my parents tonight, should be fine.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Iight so this is what Im thinking. For housing I have the following

Eazy and Litez=default

Keit, Sneak, Yes!, Spam( maybe?)

Andy G, Orion( wtf, why hasnt he posted here 2 see whats up? I honestly forgot about housing him)

Malcolm and NL

Everyone wont be able 2 make it in one car trip obviously.
So what will most likely need to happen is this.

Half of the housed people will drive over with keitaro to drexel. The 2nd batch will simply get dropped off at the train station, and take a 5 min train ride into philly for the price of 1.15. Keitaro could then pick up the 2nd batch from the train station which is a few mins away from the venue.

This would make it so that, Keit doesn't need to drive over the bridge twice.

Keitaro

um.... so is there anyway i can get a ride on friday or am i stuck taking trains
Your going to have to take the trains, im sorry :(

I promised Sugarsheik I'd take him over a month ago and he texts me about the tourney everyday so he's still coming in my car.

@ Eazy: I'm fine with that suggestion since it'll make my drives much easier. Also don't forget Ssheik for housing please :D

PRiDE

Smash Lord

I have never agreed with you more. 21 and still asking permission to go to places. LMAO. Cultural connections my ***. Your parents are strict and you are still children who can't tell them in an mature way (because you are afraid of the results and are still dependent on them which is another story all entirely) that you are old enough to make your own decisions.

If you are thinking of ways of lying to your parents, then what is the difference if you obey them or not. If your cultural connection was so strong you would be obeying your parents.. You are still doing what you want anyways but in a more sneaky, cowardly, ***** like way. This subject gets me so angry. People need to grow up. And if you still need your parents for whatever reason and you are FORCED to obey them, then stop complaining about it and get a hobby that they approve of and that they think is safe for you. I feel like I am reading posts made by my middle schoolers on ways of sneaking out at night to go to the "cool kids party.."

Hate me if you will. But honestly, how often do I voice my opinion so strongly on something. Hate hate hate hate hate.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I have never agreed with you more. 21 and still asking permission to go to places. LMAO. Cultural connections my ***. Your parents are strict and you are still children who can't tell them in an mature way (because you are afraid of the results and are still dependent on them which is another story all entirely) that you are old enough to make your own decisions.

If you are thinking of ways of lying to your parents, then what is the difference if you obey them or not. If your cultural connection was so strong you would be obeying your parents.. You are still doing what you want anyways but in a more sneaky, cowardly, ***** like way. This subject gets me so angry. People need to grow up. And if you still need your parents for whatever reason and you are FORCED to obey them, then stop complaining about it and get a hobby that they approve of and that they think is safe for you.

Hate me if you will. But honestly, how often do I voice my opinion so strongly on something. And I have talked to YES! about this several times so it is nothing new to him.

PRiDE You are my hero. I wish I could construct such influential sentences to let my parents go everywhere...

Side Note:

Also have you ever been challenged by any of your students in Brawl?
(Do your students know your a Teacher that has possibly the best Yoshi in the country)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
PRiDE You are my hero. I wish I could construct such influential sentences to let my parents go everywhere...

Side Note:

Also have you ever been challenged by any of your students in Brawl?
(Do your students know your a Teacher that has possibly the best Yoshi in the country)
My 8th graders challenge me all the time. I tell them that I would destroy them but I am not allowed to have contact with them outside of school unless it is school related. They don't know I am one of the best Yoshi's.. thank god. That would mean they would come to smashboards... scary thought.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I have never agreed with you more. 21 and still asking permission to go to places. LMAO.
Why be rude about something like that? Im not at all in this postition, I do as I please, but this isnt helpful in anyway.
Cultural connections my ***. Your parents are strict and you are still children who can't tell them in an mature way (because you are afraid of the results and are still dependent on them which is another story all entirely) that you are old enough to make your own decisions.
Why would you assume that its because they can't tell their parents in a mature way? What if they do, and get screamed at, end of story. Did you ever have difficulty telling your parents about going to a party or something like that? Most times its a one sided battle. How someones parents reacts is up to the parent. You can tell your parents how old you are all you want, its entirely up to them whether they want to listen. Be thankful that you have parents that listened to you when that convo came up, not all do.

If you are thinking of ways of lying to your parents, then what is the difference if you obey them or not. If your cultural connection was so strong you would be obeying your parents.. You are still doing what you want anyways but in a more sneaky, cowardly, ***** like way. This subject gets me so angry. People need to grow up. And if you still need your parents for whatever reason and you are FORCED to obey them, then stop complaining about it and get a hobby that they approve of and that they think is safe for you. I feel like I am reading posts made by my middle schoolers on ways of sneaking out at night to go to the "cool kids party.."
The culture comment was aimed at the parents. Inui posted like wow stop getting owned by your parents, as if the persons behavior is what causes the parents strict ways. I simply provided, like in the case of Yes!, that some parents are culturally less American, which makes these conversations that MANY feel to be normal and easy, more difficult for some.

You can not assume that if someones parents are keeping them from tournies, that they are doing something wrong. It's not a fair assumption, unless you have your own experiences with THEIR parents. Some parents say No, just because. Some parents say yes a bit to much. I have friends who have been killed, are in jail right now, because their parents didn't say no enough.

Also, obviously, if someone is willing to defy their parents over smash, its because they really enjoy the community as well as the game. I don't think its very respectful to insinuate that the best thing to do if your parents dont like you playing, is leave. I know you care more about people than your post makes you seem, but geez, why generalize on this level? These are your friends, having odd but legit parent problems about something that could be dangerous to their studies as well as wallets, not random people who cant go on dates when they're 40.
Hate me if you will. But honestly, how often do I voice my opinion so strongly on something. Hate hate hate hate hate.
I'm going to assume that your post didnt help anyone, at all. You said the obvious, outsider looking in type of stuff.

Some people are unable to deal with their parents for many many reasons, many of which are not related to them being young, immature, and unable to relay their message in a mature fashion. I feel like you could actually be someone to help out in this kinda situations, so Im really curious as to why you are so upset that people have problems getting their parents to cut the cord a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom