• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Table

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
Rob Gimps falco.
as for fox, it's difficult but utilt isnt the problem. you can di and jump out of utilt in less than 3 of them. (less than 25 damage added)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fox is MUCH easier to gimp than Falco. His recovery moves may have longer range but they're much slower.

~AceR~

Smash Cadet
Rob has a disadvantage against Falco.

A good Falco can chain Rob till about 40~ or higher if you're not careful.

Falco's Lasers can basically take away all mobility. If you take to the skies...well, we all know Rob has an open spot under him. The only safe place from Falco is the ledge, but that can only prolong the game for so long.
You can't shoot lasers, or gyros from the edge because Falco can just reflect them. If Falco gets close to the edge, he just has to wait for you to move before he punishes you with a shield grab. Nairs on the ledge aren't as reliable as there are many ways around it.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Now now...

Chain ROB with what? ROB isn't susceptible to the CG except at 0% (where Falco can chain two whole DThrows together, big whoop) and he can't even chain a USmash or DAir into the throw beyond ~40%. Falco risking himself up close to rack up early throw damage only gives ROB a better chance to throw his *** off-stage and 50/50 win a stock right there anyway; Falco should just stay away. ;/

Falco's Lasers can basically take away all mobility. If you take to the skies...well, we all know Rob has an open spot under him.
It's not really that unsafe high in the air against Falco, he has poor lateral mobility and falls too quickly to really take advantage of ROB's blind spot.

As far as ledgecamping is concerned... ROB obviously can't hurt Falco from that position but that isn't the point. You ledgecamp if you're winning, when you don't have to do anything to him. This puts Falco in a tough position because it forces him to the ledge, off-stage even, to get ROB off it, which has obvious repercussions. ROB cannot ledgecamp if he's behind but it's a great way for ROB to potentially widen a lead he does hold, since it's a positional advantage if Falco has to come to him.

But yeah, I'm not getting into this again. -_-

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Lol, Falco on Jungles Japes is 100-0 Falco's favor...
FD it's about 50-50
I disagree, in fact I'd rather face Falco on Japes than FD.

None of Falco's Japes trixies work on ROB. He can't CG->dair ROB past like 30 or 40%, and before that ROB can easily recover before hitting the water (not that the water is even remotely dangerous to ROB, aside from random Klaptraps).

Stay away from the side platforms, since Falco can easily outcamp you there, but if you control the middle platform while he's on the side, you can avoid his lasers while you can still hit him. You can make it really hard for him to approach, especially if you leave a gyro near the edge where he isn't gonna be able to throw his reflector at it without falling in the water. Focus all your effort on keeping Falco off the middle platform and the game is yours.

The only thing Japes lacks is easy ledgecamping, so I guess it depends on your style. I'd rather not have to deal with his lasers than have easy ledgecamping.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Rob has a disadvantage against Falco.

Falco's Lasers can basically take away all mobility. If you take to the skies...well, we all know Rob has an open spot under him. The only safe place from Falco is the ledge, but that can only prolong the game for so long.
You can't shoot lasers, or gyros from the edge because Falco can just reflect them. If Falco gets close to the edge, he just has to wait for you to move before he punishes you with a shield grab. Nairs on the ledge aren't as reliable as there are many ways around it.
Falco can't chaingrab R.O.B., period. He's just too dang floaty.

If R.O.B. takes to the skies, so must Falco, and R.O.B. owns Falco in the air.

And why would you be projectile spamming Falco head-on to begin with? The only time you should be using projectiles is in situations where it would be detrimental for him to be reflecting.

I disagree, in fact I'd rather face Falco on Japes than FD.

None of Falco's Japes trixies work on ROB. He can't CG->dair ROB past like 30 or 40%, and before that ROB can easily recover before hitting the water (not that the water is even remotely dangerous to ROB, aside from random Klaptraps).

Stay away from the side platforms, since Falco can easily outcamp you there, but if you control the middle platform while he's on the side, you can avoid his lasers while you can still hit him. You can make it really hard for him to approach, especially if you leave a gyro near the edge where he isn't gonna be able to throw his reflector at it without falling in the water. Focus all your effort on keeping Falco off the middle platform and the game is yours.

The only thing Japes lacks is easy ledgecamping, so I guess it depends on your style. I'd rather not have to deal with his lasers than have easy ledgecamping.
This.

~AceR~

Smash Cadet
Guess I need some videos.

Perhaps chain wasn't a good word. Combo? Dgrab>(possibly) Dgrab>dair>dgrab>(possibly) dair or nair or bair.

Idk, I'm thinking off the top of my head from my last games with a really good Falco I've played.

As far as ledgecamping is concerned... ROB obviously can't hurt Falco from that position but that isn't the point. You ledgecamp if you're winning, when you don't have to do anything to him. This puts Falco in a tough position because it forces him to the ledge, off-stage even, to get ROB off it, which has obvious repercussions. ROB cannot ledgecamp if he's behind but it's a great way for ROB to potentially widen a lead he does hold, since it's a positional advantage if Falco has to come to him.

But yeah, I'm not getting into this again. -_-
That's "if" he goes. Without a time limit, a Falco can simply stay on the stage as long as he wants to. They always say patience is a virtue.
And more than likely, you'll screw up before he does giving him a chance to knock you out.

It's not really that unsafe high in the air against Falco, he has poor lateral mobility and falls too quickly to really take advantage of ROB's blind spot.
It's not like a good Falco is gonna actually jump up there with you. -_-
You gotta come down sometime and he'll be prepared for that. If anything else, he can just chillout till you land and continue is rain of lasers.

If you try to go in for an attack, there are many options he can take. If you're good at spacing, you might be able to get him off your feet for awhile, but don't expect it to last long.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
That's "if" he goes. Without a time limit, a Falco can simply stay on the stage as long as he wants to. They always say patience is a virtue.
And more than likely, you'll screw up before he does giving him a chance to knock you out.
Standard tourney rules has a time limit.

Also, how do you screw up regrabbing the ledge every once in a while? It seems a lot harder to keep up a stream of double lasers than it is to just press jump every so often.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Guess I need some videos.

Perhaps chain wasn't a good word. Combo? Dgrab>(possibly) Dgrab>dair>dgrab>(possibly) dair or nair or bair.

Idk, I'm thinking off the top of my head from my last games with a really good Falco I've played.

It's not like a good Falco is gonna actually jump up there with you. -_-
You gotta come down sometime and he'll be prepared for that. If anything else, he can just chillout till you land and continue is rain of lasers.

If you try to go in for an attack, there are many options he can take. If you're good at spacing, you might be able to get him off your feet for awhile, but don't expect it to last long.
You've never been to a tournament, huh?

Top Bottom