• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. keeps the trophy as the cheapest character in Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoGX159

Smash Cadet
If anyone noticed, that ROB is the cheapest character in Brawl and also in Mario Kart DS. Some examples of him cheating includes, always getting the Smash Ball, always getting all the Dragoon parts, dodging most attacks etc. What do you think about him?

Yes I know I'm a ROB hater.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
im a ROB lover and i do not think he is cheap, and your reasonings for calling him cheap are flawed. Characters are cheap because of insane priority or broken hitboxes, not how quickly and frequently their cpu counterparts always pick up items, yikes

Iraku

Smash Cadet
I don't see how ROB was cheap, seeing how you could use any character for any kart, and many players focus on snaking with light characters. It's not cheating to get the Smash Ball, the Dragoon parts, or dodging attacks (he's not the fastest and I think that he's one of the bigger ones). Are you playing against an actual player, or the CPU?

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
If by cheap you mean stupid I agree with you. I really don't understand why he was put in the game,he's just a waste like G&W.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno, I don't think he's cheap at all... If you mean CPUs playing with him, maybe, but the character himself is not cheap at all...

6footninja

Smash Ace
Uhm...you do know if you were any good you could keep him from getting the smash ball so often.

...maybe you should practice some more, then see how cheap ROB is

Smash Cadet
ROB and G&W are from the roots of Nintendo history, they're far from a waste.

On the topic of ROB being cheap, not at all. I honestly can say I have no idea what you're talking about.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I hate ROB, and I agree that it is probably cheap, but not in the sense you're talking about. I'm not saying it's hard to beat, but I do think it's sort of unfair that he's even in Brawl. Combine that with the fact that he is one of the heaviest characters, has decent speed and strength, and can jump reeaaallly high with its special B, and you have a character (scratch that, a "thing"--ROB doesn't have enough personality nor importance to be considered a character) that is generally going to be more difficult to KO than others. Not impossible, just a little more unbalanced than would be realistic.

And ROB sucks, did I mention that?:p

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know if it was intentional, but I made his post into a joke to avoid embarrassment if it wasn't.

You have to admit--R.O.B. and R.O.B.64 are too similar to be considered separate characters. Just variations on the same ****.
What are you talking about R.O.B. and ROB64 aren't anything alike they don't even look similar.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, uh, R.O.B. and GaW both re legitimate characters. you're just mad your favorite didn't make it.

@Topic: R.O.B. isn't cheap, you just suck *** at Smash Bros.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it was intentional, but I made his post into a joke to avoid embarrassment if it wasn't.

You have to admit--R.O.B. and R.O.B.64 are too similar to be considered separate characters. Just variations on the same ****.
Dude no offense, but you're ****ing ********.

OMG YES, I SEE THE RESEMBLANCE.

*******.:ohwell:

YaiYoh

Smash Rookie
ROB64 was based off of R.O.B. as a tribute to the "trojan horse".

On R.O.B. being cheap, I really don't think he is. Sure he may seem cheap when the CPU plays as him, but that's because CPU9 was made to be really, really hard for the people who thought CPU9Melee was too easy (like me). Making the computer cheap is a common tactic in most CPU-Multi games nowadays, from what I can tell.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
This is simply a R.O.B.-haterthread, and not a "R.O.B. is the cheapest-thread."

And we all know that Marth is the cheapest. From what I've heard.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
R.O.B. is definitely top-tier material...

But his comboing abilities aren't nearly as cheap as Marth/Pit/Metaknight. You really have to work to get your combos going.

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
Sakurai should have made a box of playing cards as a character. Or a Chiritori. That's history.

Cinderz

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I have to say rob is SUPER cheap.

I think this because he has abilities he can shoot the **** out of me halfway across the map, Hes REALLY hard to knockoff ((thus online players sit on edge pew pewing me)) His ranges attacks can easily get the smash ball, He can jump better then wolf/fox who I usually use, and his grapple is annoying seeing how everyone who uses him sits on the edge.

ALso since he has a flame thrower, and a similar smash attack, He can continiously attack me while pushing me toward an edge by moving forward..

Plus even his melee is hard to evade!

Overall I think he's sort of broken.

link2702

Smash Champion

you know....some posts are so stupid they cause you physical pain when you read them.

the op's post is one of these kinds of posts.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
To be honest, I have to say rob is SUPER cheap.

I think this because he has abilities he can shoot the **** out of me halfway across the map, Hes REALLY hard to knockoff ((thus online players sit on edge pew pewing me)) His ranges attacks can easily get the smash ball, He can jump better then wolf/fox who I usually use, and his grapple is annoying seeing how everyone who uses him sits on the edge.

ALso since he has a flame thrower, and a similar smash attack, He can continiously attack me while pushing me toward an edge by moving forward..

Plus even his melee is hard to evade!

Overall I think he's sort of broken.
Welcome to the forums. You're free to bump recent-ish threads; but when a thread is almost 6 years old, it's probably best to leave it in it's grave~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom