• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. in Brawl-

T0MMY

Smash Master
First I'm going to give R.O.B. a bit of a personality in a "parody" project. He should be kind of haywire and short circuiting... that's the theme I'll work with.

The way I see it, the most important features for a character in such a parody would be the Special Attacks. So I'm going to start with those attacks:

Neutral-Special (Laser)
This should have no charge to it, as the diode in his head will be overloaded... maybe it should flash consistently as though it is always fully charged.
--The Laser should always be fully-charged, but each time R.O.B. uses it, he should get recoil (knocked back) and Trip.
--There should be a one in 10 chance that it turns into the Diffusion Beam (his Final Smash) without the invincibility he normally gets from the Final Smash and sans recoil/knockback; This should last for a shorter duration (maybe 10 seconds instead of 30 seconds).
--There should be a one in 100 chance that his Diffusion Beam has NO HITBOX, and in addition to the conical beam that is projected, he should have a picture of Professor Hector projected in front of him (possibly with text that reads "ERROR ERROR")

Up-Special (Robo Burner)
Not much should change with this, as it should function normally as it's a major part of his Recovery, but if it's possible it would be great to give it added smog and maybe every once in a while a backfire like an old car in need of a tune-up.
But two major additions:
1) There should be a 1 in 8 chance of misfire. The "misfire" should essentially be like Luigi's misfire on his Forward Special, except R.O.B.'s would go verticle instead of horizontal.
2) When R.O.B. exhausts all his fuel he should explode. This could just be a special effect that just freezes him in place momentarily and turns him black with ash, or it could have a hitbox.

Forward-Special (Arm Rotor)
This attack is in major need of change seeing how it is sooooo bad. But we're not going to break this in a too-good way, we're going to break this in a funny way.
--This attack should appear like normal when used. However, when an opponent gets caught up in it, the attack will have an effect very similar to that of Toon Link's Up-Special or similar to Meta Knight's Mach Tornado.
--The major drawback of this attack is that IT DEALS NO DAMAGE.
--However, after an opponent is spit out of it, R.O.B. will spin and fall over (Trip) and the opponent will have their controls reversed (up is down, down is up, left is right, right is left).
If this proves too difficult to make work, something similarly silly can happen to the opponent after being spun in circles.

Down-Special (Gyro)
The Gyro is so much fun as it is.
Keeping with the theme of short-circuit R.O.B. I would suggest
--The Gyro always be given a wobble animation so it looks off-kilter (don't change it's other properties, just the appearance).
--The Gyro may have a "misfire" on it as well, in which case it will be automatically full-charged and then shoot out of the Stand vertically.

Here's a few suggestions that may make it more broken-fun:
1) Give him two
2) Make the spinning Gyro on the ground cause Tripping instead of damage.
3) Make random items shoot out of his Charger (e.g. Bananas, Turnips, Mr. Saturn, Bob-ombs, Mr. Game & Watch...)

Sudai

Stuff here
You realize this thread is about making ROB -better- and not -comical- right? On top of that, from what I understand, they're trying to make something competitive and random != competitive.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Its also over, i think he got what he wanted, If you read the earlier posts T0mmy.

Thats also not really what Brawl- is about.

Though your ideas did make me laugh, I'd like to see the sound files for his UpB be replaced with sound files of an old backfiring car..

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
mayy be a dumb question... but how can we play these versions? i knew nothign of all this till ijsut read it

NNID
Budget_Player
First I'm going to give R.O.B. a bit of a personality in a "parody" project. He should be kind of haywire and short circuiting... that's the theme I'll work with.

The way I see it, the most important features for a character in such a parody would be the Special Attacks. So I'm going to start with those attacks:

Neutral-Special (Laser)
This should have no charge to it, as the diode in his head will be overloaded... maybe it should flash consistently as though it is always fully charged.
--The Laser should always be fully-charged, but each time R.O.B. uses it, he should get recoil (knocked back) and Trip.
--There should be a one in 10 chance that it turns into the Diffusion Beam (his Final Smash) without the invincibility he normally gets from the Final Smash and sans recoil/knockback; This should last for a shorter duration (maybe 10 seconds instead of 30 seconds).
--There should be a one in 100 chance that his Diffusion Beam has NO HITBOX, and in addition to the conical beam that is projected, he should have a picture of Professor Hector projected in front of him (possibly with text that reads "ERROR ERROR")

Up-Special (Robo Burner)
Not much should change with this, as it should function normally as it's a major part of his Recovery, but if it's possible it would be great to give it added smog and maybe every once in a while a backfire like an old car in need of a tune-up.
But two major additions:
1) There should be a 1 in 8 chance of misfire. The "misfire" should essentially be like Luigi's misfire on his Forward Special, except R.O.B.'s would go verticle instead of horizontal.
2) When R.O.B. exhausts all his fuel he should explode. This could just be a special effect that just freezes him in place momentarily and turns him black with ash, or it could have a hitbox.

Forward-Special (Arm Rotor)
This attack is in major need of change seeing how it is sooooo bad. But we're not going to break this in a too-good way, we're going to break this in a funny way.
--This attack should appear like normal when used. However, when an opponent gets caught up in it, the attack will have an effect very similar to that of Toon Link's Up-Special or similar to Meta Knight's Mach Tornado.
--The major drawback of this attack is that IT DEALS NO DAMAGE.
--However, after an opponent is spit out of it, R.O.B. will spin and fall over (Trip) and the opponent will have their controls reversed (up is down, down is up, left is right, right is left).
If this proves too difficult to make work, something similarly silly can happen to the opponent after being spun in circles.

Down-Special (Gyro)
The Gyro is so much fun as it is.
Keeping with the theme of short-circuit R.O.B. I would suggest
--The Gyro always be given a wobble animation so it looks off-kilter (don't change it's other properties, just the appearance).
--The Gyro may have a "misfire" on it as well, in which case it will be automatically full-charged and then shoot out of the Stand vertically.

Here's a few suggestions that may make it more broken-fun:
1) Give him two
2) Make the spinning Gyro on the ground cause Tripping instead of damage.
3) Make random items shoot out of his Charger (e.g. Bananas, Turnips, Mr. Saturn, Bob-ombs, Mr. Game & Watch...)
Lulzy ideas... in fact, that last one on the gyro might be implemented (well, kinda... a one in X chance of just throwing out something like a hammer or something would be hilarious) if I get my way. But ROB- is really quite solid; sideB has the momentum shenanigans like in Brawl+ (goes all over the place) and in addition to that, it has one more buff... instant IASA in to an aerial. SideB->nair is tooooo good. The ideas here are just a little too weird, sorry.

mayy be a dumb question... but how can we play these versions? i knew nothign of all this till ijsut read it
Currently not released yet. We're getting everything really good.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oh, not really a parody on Brawl+?
From what I heard of it, the game sounded really funny. Now it's starting to sound more like trying to make Brawl+ over again.

Maybe I'll just make my own version some time... as soon as these hack programs work on my computer.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I wanna try brawl plus falcon and link tbh

link can spam arrows of different elements, and falcon gets thunder knee for every time he uses his knee (3rd hit in jab, and pummel while grabbing)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I haven't had time to read through the thread but...

has anyone played R.O.B. in B- and found out that he instantly dies if you immediately do a back air out of over-b? Once again, our over-b has the last laugh.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I wanna try brawl MINUS falcon and link tbh

link can spam arrows of different elements, and falcon gets thunder knee for every time he uses his knee (3rd hit in jab, and pummel while grabbing)
Fixed

I haven't had time to read through the thread but...

has anyone played R.O.B. in B- and found out that he instantly dies if you immediately do a back air out of over-b? Once again, our over-b has the last laugh.
HAHAHAHAHAHA I really wish I had gotten that download when it was up, and not just played it when Hilt brought it to Nopes. I've got an older version of minus but no ROB-

*Anxiously awaits alpha release

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Alright, I take back everything bad I said about ROB-, I played him extensively today, and he's definitely one of my favorites, along with G&W, Wolf, and Bowser. I'll have videos of the **** that ensued once videos are up. I'm also going to a B- tournament at a smashfest next weekend, and an actual B- tournament the weekend after that. I'm excited about B- now. =D

Top Bottom