• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Melee

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
Tonight, we say "Goodbye" to our long loved, truly amazing "friend", Melee.

Forever will you be remembered in our hearts....and your memories burned through the soft padding of our analog sticks...

Tonight we say goodbye to a faithful friend. Tonight we depart with the pure, and the just. Tonight....is the start of a revolution!

Goodbye, good friend.

Farewell.

*cue dramatic organ music*

R. Olivaw

Smash Cadet
yah me too I'm still gonna play Melee with my buds. It's not dead just yet.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
way to kill the whole vibe

:laugh:
lol, i was about to say something like that :laugh:
But yeah pretty much I won't be playing melee for a looooong time, until i start to get bored with Brawl....very very very very long time

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
*Smashes bottle of champagne on OP's head and waves at the S.S. Melee*
BON VOYAGE MELEE! It was nice knowing you!

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
May its wavedashing, short-hopping, Marth dominating goodness be remembered by all. Keep it in your hearts forever and ever and ever and ever.

(Wow, that sounded kinda cheesy). I don't think melee will be completely dead for me. I'll still play it sometimes. It'll be like a zombie coming up out of the ground after this "funeral" we just had.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Melee? I'd be better off asking questions about the average velocity of a non-coconut-carrying swallow than playing Melee after Brawl comes out. Melee's a witch. It floats on water and burns.

(But Brawl does the same thing too.....)

No it doesn't.

Fletch

Smash Master
Like Melee is going to die. SSB64 is still played quite often, and it's not even half the game Melee is. Give it time, Melee will still be played for years to come.

JoseOle92

Smash Apprentice
you know, melee isn't going anywhere. it'll just sit in its box until you happen to stumble across it in a small box on a high shelf in your dirty garage years from now. then you'll play it just because and say, "why am i playing this? i should be practicing with brawl for the next smash."

haha

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Bye Meleee!! omg..

When i broke up with my girl
u were there
when i went into chronic masturbation
u were there
when all i had was $32.00 to my name.
u were there
when peach sheik and samus were the only girls i knew
u were there
when i felt like a nobody in this heartless cold world
u were there
i love you melee but its time to say goodbye for a while.
its not really goodbye its more like see you later

Hello Brawl!

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I just finished playing Melee for the last time. I will miss him, but will not miss him that much once I get my hands on Brawl. I've played Melee since I got it with my Gamecube one Christamas morning back in 2001. It's been my favorite game ever since, but now it's time for us to depart.

I'll miss you Melee.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wrong boards but I understand. Melee lasted for a long time I must say. Now let the Brawl begin. ;)

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
What am I supposed to do, cry?

I still have my copy of Super Smash Bros. 64. And I'm still enjoying it.

Top Bottom