• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P Chris Benoit

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
YEAH I just heard about that. His whole family is dead too, wtf happened with that? I remember watching him wrestle back in the day, good times... Long gone. :(

po pimpus

Smash Ace
****, that's horrible news... Benoit was a legend in the ring. To have this happen to him and his family... Terrible.

I pray that there is no foul play involved, but with the situation as it is, it seems to be a foregone conclusion... I pray that this case gets resolved quickly.

EDIT: Apparently there is evidence to suggest that this was a double murder/suicide on Chris Benoit's part. Here is the link: http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superst...s/benoitupdate

I really hope that this proves to be false, however, his family has been said to have been suffering for some time...

Ate Track

Smash Cadet
this is horrible and i hope it's not true that he murdered them.

it's even worse as he was to win the ecw championship on sunday.

at least he's with eddie now. RIP

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
at least he's with eddie now. RIP
This may not be true, if he did murder them. :embarrass

It's more than likely the case, as that's what the investiagtors believe. They would know more than us, in fact we know NOTHING, they are on the scene of the crime, knowing all there is to know.

It's sad, but we shouldn't trick ourselves into believing otherwise.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
What he did was low. He killed a seven year old child. How do bring yourself up to do that? How do you even think about doing that?

darkshy

Smash Ace
That's scary. What could have driven him to do such a thing? It's sad, but I don't know if I could feel remorse to a man who killed his family.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
I hope this thread gets closed considering the title is now inaccurate.
Dayum I was just thinking if this was part of a WWE story line and was going to make a joke about him killing his wife with the crippler crossface but dang son. I never expected that from this guy.

So wealthy too, what could have gone wrong?

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok so no flaming but I didn't read any of the things about it like news reports but I don't think he did it I mean someone who makes that much money and is involved with sports might have got in with the wrong people could have been a set up but it also could not have been idk

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
yeah and once he got back to his senses and realized that he killed his son and his wife who he loved so much he just couldn't take it. Because he knew his career would be over his reputation would be over and the family he loved so much was over. And he would be in prison for a VERY long time me thinks. So he killed himself.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The murders do not represent typical roid rage.

Secured restraints and strangulation are NOT rage oriented acts.

It wasn't steroids. It was crazyness.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Gog Bless his soul, he was indeed one of the best wrestlers of all time, 2nd next to Eddie Guerrero imo, one theory that i think he suicided himself is that maybe he was depressed by Eddie Guerrero's death nearly 2 years ago and was also taking some kind of pills whick i guess made him feel worse and wanted to kill himself without seeing his wife and son suffer so i guess he killed them as well so they wouldn't have to suffer god bless him and R.I.P

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If god blesses him, then I deny god.

I first saw this story Monday on CNN and I was shocked. Now that the autopsies have come out and a time line has been posted on FoxNews and CNN it's pretty clear he was a psychopath. He murdered his wife Friday night by tying her up, placing a knee on her back, and strangling her with a TV cable, after that he smashed her head into the ground. As for his son, he placed in a choke hold until he died. A few hours following this, he went downstairs, tied a towel on his weight set, dropped the dumb bells and hanged himself.

Reports are surfacing that in 2003 his wife put a restraining order on him in fear of violence and he threatened to kill her until she wrote to the courts to drop it.

I stopped following wrestling some time ago (I believe when I entered high school 7 years ago) but I remember him from when I was younger. This was a cold calculated murder and he deserves no respect from anyone.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Man It Really Hurts When Someone I myself Idolized since I was about 7 could go and do such a thing. I can only imagine what could be goin through the heads of his co-workers. He wasnt my Fave Wrestler but he was up there but now...I dunno.

Ate Track

Smash Cadet
actually.. chris nowitski (a former wrestler, now a doctor specializing in concussions) wants to run tests on benoit's neurological patterns to see if concussions lead to depression or brain damage as in the andre waters suicide case.

If god blesses him, then I deny god.

I first saw this story Monday on CNN and I was shocked. Now that the autopsies have come out and a time line has been posted on FoxNews and CNN it's pretty clear he was a psychopath. He murdered his wife Friday night by tying her up, placing a knee on her back, and strangling her with a TV cable, after that he smashed her head into the ground. As for his son, he placed in a choke hold until he died. A few hours following this, he went downstairs, tied a towel on his weight set, dropped the dumb bells and hanged himself.

Reports are surfacing that in 2003 his wife put a restraining order on him in fear of violence and he threatened to kill her until she wrote to the courts to drop it.

I stopped following wrestling some time ago (I believe when I entered high school 7 years ago) but I remember him from when I was younger. This was a cold calculated murder and he deserves no respect from anyone.
It saddens me to know that he done this without anyone knowing any specific reason for this murder.

I agree with Crimson,you shouldn't honor a psychopath despite his formal positions or reputations.If any of you were to find out that he was related to you and murdered those you love,i'm pretty sure you'd have a change of heart.

A prestigious wrestler turned to murder.It makes me wonder why he would do such a thing.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I like UFC, so I wasn't a big fan of his, but I understand he was well respected. Sadly, that doesn't allow him to get away with murder.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Definately not roid rage. An act of rage would not span in a 3 day period. He was just crazy and he could have possibly planned it out (seems like it in the reports since he called off a pay per view and such).. I haven't watched in a long time, but I remember him back in the day. Its sad knowing that a man who was known to be loving and caring could do such a thing.

Top Bottom