• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quizno's Brawl Tournament III 9/28

I'm gonna be off the next one Leon. Guilty Gear has stolen my heart <3
Since you play Ky learn how to JI (Jump install) and learn how to FRC your throws. An easy combo is (For this games standards).

Grab>FRC>S>HS>214K>S>2HS>Vapor Thrust>HS(Lightning Javelin)

If you FRC the Lighting Javelin you can loop into another Vapor Thrust.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Since you play Falcon learn how to SHFFL (short hop fast fall l-cancel) and learn how to L-cancel your aerials. An easy combo is (For this games standards).

dash > short hop > up aerial > l-cancel > dash > short hop > up aerial > l-cancel > dash > short hop > neutral aerial > l-cancel > dash > short hop > forward aerial (Knee)

If you L-cancel the forward aerial, a.k.a. Knee you can moonwalk into another Show Me Ya Moves.
Fixed yo!!!!

Charoo

Smash Champion
gg vids r really fun at semi high level imo. They do more variety of combos since they don't know what's the best thing to do is yet. At the highest level, the combo string makes it boring to watch sometimes if u see it over and over.

still, nothing is more entertaining than the gg players themselves. They all act so wierd for some reason.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
LMAO, I was gonna link that vid EPF. I <3 GG.

So I guess I'm going to this for teams.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
WHOA freaking ****

i always told myself that if i played GG i would use i-no

that vid gives me hope

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
read the god **** rules. it's not that hard -__-

It'll end depending on how fast things go. I wouldn't be surprised this ended at 12 or 1.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
first of all, the video you posted to show GG at highest level is from 3 versions of the game in the past >.>

so yeah, that is Reload.. there has then been Slash and now Accent Core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_PzjdbTp3k - is about a year old but koichi when he was at his best using I-no. ... I-no stinks lol he has since quit her and picked up Millia and has been doing SO MUCH BETTER. when the best player with that character quits her, that says something.

anywho.. GG is too good. I am not weird and I play ;) more people should get into it.

Charoo

Smash Champion
it was at allisbrawl site. I just copy it here just now.

Wow this much people r coming. Must be the pic/me posting it here.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Looks like Mike or someone is gonna win this thing unless DSF show's. I won't be entering singles for anyone wondering.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
you're gonna **** the crap out of me cuz I can barely play haha

I doubt they're gonna let you use the set up for Accent core. The hosts are gonna be gay and use it for brawl. I'm pretty sure of it too.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
why the **** is there an EIGHT dollar venue fee? that ****'s ridiculous. and don't tell me because it's a commercial venue. They get advertising for their store and they get more sales due to more people coming. People need to boycott this ****. It's unacceptable to have such a ******** venue fee.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
@Eternal - are you on SRK for GG?

do you ever go to FFA/Denjin arcade?

if this tourny was closer to me i'd go. I havent touched brawl in months would be funny to see where I placed. and that venue fee is crazy.

RejK

Smash Rookie
oh sweet connor ... you make me sad ]: ... not entering singles .... mr defending champion ... but anyhoo ... about the venue fee if you missed it... you should look at the dicussion thread .. on AiB ... i posted my reasons there ... and about .... using t.vs for other games mmmm id MOST DEFINTAELY be down to set it up .. for other games.... BUT ... when you get to quiznos ... you will understand exactly why... we wont be able to do it.... there simply isnt enough room ..... when i start renting out halls ... i will have brawl... and stations set up for other games trust me .... but for now... as long as my tournaments are at quiznos im ... very ... very... very ... limited as to what i can do ...

@Eternal - are you on SRK for GG?

do you ever go to FFA/Denjin arcade?

if this tourny was closer to me i'd go. I havent touched brawl in months would be funny to see where I placed. and that venue fee is crazy.
Nah, I don't have an SRK account. Hell, I haven't played Guilty Gear in ages. I just have it lol

you're gonna **** the crap out of me cuz I can barely play haha

I doubt they're gonna let you use the set up for Accent core. The hosts are gonna be gay and use it for brawl. I'm pretty sure of it too.
Yeah Brawl tournaments have very gay managment.

I probably won't **** you, i'm not that good lol.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
haha is that first koichi vid the one where he actually gets hit by a burst? rofl.

I-no used to be bottom tier but i hear shes mid now

its starting to looks balls. dont think 805 will make the drive

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
i-no is low. and at the bottom of low to boot.

but the awesome thing about GG is that any character can win. Sure there are tiers and some characters are better but it's a game more based on player skill than anything else. at the most recent major japanese tournament SBO '08 the best player right now N-O plays venom who is a B rank (or mid-high for smash ppl)
and destroyed everyone. BUT 2nd place team had an anji, bridget who are both bottom tier and they demolished everyone they played cept 1st place guy.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
i heard may ocv'd at some recent tourney. whats the current tier list? is the one on dustloop from some magazine legit? id trust the playerbase > a publication company but I D K MANG >_>

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hmm, Mike isn't going anymore. Forget this haha. I was going to have mike be my partner. yes homo xD

Top Bottom