• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Question on SHFFL

LUCUS11

Smash Rookie
Well I've looked at some guides I didn't get a clear answer. So my question is can ALL aerials get L-canceled. To me it seems easier with some (Like Link's dair or Bowser's d-air)
I tried to l-cancel with Shiek's b-air and I keep putting up a shield. It seems like the timing is impossible. Thanks.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Well I've looked at some guides I didn't get a clear answer. So my question is can ALL aerials get L-canceled. To me it seems easier with some (Like Link's dair or Bowser's d-air)
I tried to l-cancel with Shiek's b-air and I keep putting up a shield. It seems like the timing is impossible. Thanks.
Every arial can be l canceled besides Game and Watch's bair and upair.

LUCUS11

Smash Rookie
Is it that my timing is off? I have no problem l-canceling all of bowser's aerials. But for characters like Fox and Shiek, I struggle. Like I said instead of l-canceling I end up putting my shield up instead. someone told me I need to tap L not press it. Any truth to this?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Is it that my timing is off? I have no problem l-canceling all of bowser's aerials. But for characters like Fox and Shiek, I struggle. Like I said instead of l-canceling I end up putting my shield up instead. someone told me I need to tap L not press it. Any truth to this?
Don't hold l or r or z (whatever you use). Before you land......and I mean truly before you land not right when you are going to land but a little before you are going to land tap l or r or z to cancel the lag. you don't need to even press it down all the way I think......

ynnek123

Smash Ace
sheik's aerials have a relatively low lag time on themselves, so you have to be quicker to release L/R/Z with sheik because your lag lasts for a shorter period so your shield will come up faster.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Sheik's aerials also just generally have a very short duration, meaning most of them will finish before you hit the ground if you do them early enough in the jump. If the aerial finishes before you hit the ground, then there is no lag to l-cancel and instead, you will just shield.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
These threads are always coming up, and it's usually because the person thinks the game is wrong and not them :S. You're too slow, so get faster

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
Sheik's aerials also just generally have a very short duration, meaning most of them will finish before you hit the ground if you do them early enough in the jump. If the aerial finishes before you hit the ground, then there is no lag to l-cancel and instead, you will just shield.
this was the only good answer.

Enigmatics

Smash Rookie
QFT. If the shield is coming up the instant you touch down, then the attack was auto-cancelled. A marth, for example, when shffling nairs, does not need to L-cancel unless the nair comes out relatively late in his air-time.

Enigmatics

Smash Rookie
QFT. If the shield is coming up the instant you touch down, then the attack was auto-cancelled. A marth, for example, when shffling nairs, does not need to L-cancel unless the nair comes out relatively late in his air-time.

If, similarly, you DON'T L-cancel but your character's landing transitions smoothly into the crouched animation (just keep the control stick pressed down even after you've touched ground), whatever aerial you've just performed, specific to the way you performed it, doesn't need to be L-cancelled.

Top Bottom