• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

quick draw.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
Is quick draw really a real bad move? I'm not talking about recovery I'm talking about using it for spacing backwards and getting places faster when they're not in the stage and get an UpSmash. so no matter what they can't shield it.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I dunno. :/ I use it after stronger hits but thats it. My Ike is very awkward. Always short hop if you do.

Tips from better Ikes? Take it out of my game, leave it, etc?

XACE-K

Smash Master
As a recovery, it sucks. For spacing away from your opponent or getting near them, it's okay. If you use it too much than your opponent will punish you. It's okay from time to time but don't overuse it.

legion598

Smash Ace
actually its ikes fastest movement and when used correctlty it adds alot to his game but dont use it against projectiles without jumping first also quick draw> jabs is great

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Not that great of a move IMO, it has some start-up lag, it is very punishable if the hit doesn't connect, and as a recovery is too predictable. Although I must admit when I use this on accident when my opponent is high in %age it actually gives me a breather if I am trying to push them away because it has nice knockback and can come out fast if used up close.

It can be alright for non-strike approaches since if the hit doesn't come out there is no lag at all and you can follow up with a jab combo or the Grand Viper technique (utilt, although I have scored a kill using a ftilt before), not really recommanded for this with a projectile game though. I guess if you also do it right you can turn this into a mindgame to make your opponent think you will come out with the initial strike but instead follow up with something entirely different if you come up short on the dash.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
lol the people i face are always thinking ike using quickdraw wtf. lol but there is no reason to use quick draw for recovery.. aether is better where ever you are.

XACE-K

Smash Master
lol the people i face are always thinking ike using quickdraw wtf. lol but there is no reason to use quick draw for recovery.. aether is better where ever you are.
Except when you get sent vertically or get sent diagonally down. Than neither QD or Aether can save you.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I tend to use Air QD for the sliding distance at the end to get a good F-tilt or U-Smash (Maybe F-Smash), but other than that, the usefulness isn't really there unless the opponent is ******** with spot dodging.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I use QD to run across the stage if I've hit an opponent far away. That way, I won't trip on my way there. >_>. I might throw it out there on rare occasions against big opponents at higher %s (Bowser, Etc) in the air, but I don't think thats a wise thing to do. Just a bad habit more then anything.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
quick draw> jabs is great
there is this thing called a "shield grab" that removes any chance i have of saying that that works anymore...

you can make it hit by a grab --> bthrow --->QD...it the character isn't super floaty but i don't see much else from it...

Astrokirby

Smash Cadet
Idk, Ive used QD for recovery, and make it back on the stage majority of the time.

I also like the sliding effect after using QD from air/SH -> QD.

Top Bottom