• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions from a future Smasher

Demp

Smash Journeyman
I am not a Smasher (yet). Since I have quit multiple games in search of something new and different I have recalled watching SSBM tourny videos on Youtube months and I was awed by the game's level of competition. So recently finding nothing better to do I have decided to get a Wii with SSBB on my next paycheck. I have been so excited for it that I have been browsing these forums trying to learn everything I can about the game, from terminology to watching countless videos. From doing this I have noticed there may be additional things I might need to purchase, like LAN adaptors (Yes, I plan to play online) or maybe even a GC controller, which is why I am here to ask if there is anything else I should know for once I purchase a Wii.

Sorry if this isn't the most logical place on Smashboards to ask this.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yup. Looks like you're set.

Grunt

Smash Master
The wii controllers are harder to get used to at first, so i would go with a GC controller. so other than that, happy smashing, and good luck.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I don't know if it's a blessing or a shame that you didn't get to see the melee competitive scene in person.

Oh well, I would recommend learning all the initials of all the states around you so you wont have any future confusion on who you can play with little to nil lag.

Also when picking characters your going to specialize in it would be wise to have at least one high tier character in your top 3.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
And sinc eyou're just getting into Smash, you can not worry about all the "Melee VS. Brawl" stuff, just go to Brawl and don't turn around.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Also when picking characters your going to specialize in it would be wise to have at least one high tier character in your top 3.
Come on, just let the guy pick whoever he feels comfortable with. No need to worry about tiers (especially since they don't exist yet).

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Have you picked a char you think you will enjoy yet?
Yep. I am guessing I would enjoy TL the most... or it will at least be the first char I will play extensively. I like the concept of abusing ranged attacks, and from watching many videos it just seems like he has a nice flow so I won't mind to watching him for countless hours.

Oops, just saw your post after my edit.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Good Choice hes a very strong char that has many advantages Look at some videos around the forums and remember stay high and spam your Projectiles. spacing and timing is everything.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Do not get the Prima guide unless you actually care about completing the Subspace Emmisary (the adventure mode) 100 % or something like that. The guide is complete garbage, and many of the character descriptions are poorly written or copy/pasted for characters with similarities, even though they're not true.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
i agree

the guide is a waste of money

go to gamefaqs.com or something

the guide is stupid, the metagame uses different strategies than ones suggested in the guide

Top Bottom