• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about Zelda??

lil cj

Smash Lord
I main Lucas but my 2nd main is Zelda she is like a female Lucas. They have very similar play styles IMO
She is one of my favorites, I love playing as her, but I need some help gettin good with her. Alot of the Zelda's I play online all play her one of two ways either camping with Dins Fire or spamming smash attacks.Is there a certain way to play Zelda? How is she meant to be played Offensively or Defensively?

And would anyone like to battle me online to give me some Zelda training??
I really need it....lol.....I played some friendlies with some very good players...I was winning most of my matches with Zelda at first, but as we kept battling I was losing with her everytime and got last place:confused:
How can I be more unpredictable with Zelda??

....I lost to Snake, how embarassing:(...Im still new with Zelda but I know she is supposed to dominate characters like Snake, am I right??

Well those are my questions, I just want to be good with Zelda she seems like she has alot of potential and I need some help from you guys and girls that play a good Zelda:)

Heres my brawl code if anyone wants to battle me:
0001-2981-8851

Teach a noob(me) how Zelda is really supposed to be played....lol:laugh:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i think snake is regarded as neutral. If you are new with a character, you shouldn't even be embarrassed of losing to Captain Falcon or Bowser. Skill is more important.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
No one dominates Snake xP
Anyways there really is no set way to win with Zelda. Just play and play and do what works. Spamming smash attacks works for some, Din's Fire camping may work for some, and being more creative also may work. You just need to keep on playing people.

With that said, if you can find the Hylian Hellfire board, it contains a link to our very own forums and a chatbox, and don't worry about not being part of the clan, no one actually cares. It's a very nice way to set up matches, etc. so come check it out. Most of us play Zelda too :p

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well, the people that spam with Din leave themselves open. Learn how to dodge/air dodge, and Din becomes VERY easy to overcome. If you get close to them, they'll probably smash attack. Wait for the smash to finish, and there is a large window of opportunity for an attack.

For those that **** the c-stick, well, like I said, wait until the time is right. Zelda's smashes have a good range, but they are limited. Just learn where she can hit from, and then stay close, but not too close.

I don't know if this is a good technique, but since my internet sucks, I used to play as Zelda against a lvl 9 CPU Zelda, and see what she would do when. Don't EVER immitate a CPU. Just watch them closely and think "Oh yeah, when someone attacks me like that, I can do this" if you see anything good.

Anyway, just practice. Practice sweetspots, approaching with Dins, and timing your FWs right.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Thanks so much
The only thing is im not good at dodging...lol
I always try to attack
But I'll try this out and practice more
Thanks Sinking Higher:)

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
Din's Fire spam is more useful in FFA online, thanks to people being focused on others to dodge/shield, and the lag making it harder to dodge. In 1v1, DF is best used as pressure and forcing an approach.

Zelda flourishes as a defensive character. Her dash is horribly slow and her dash attack is easily shield grabbed. Keep pressure with DF and here's what you do. People that dash attack, you shield grab. People that roll into you, you Nayru's Love or d-smash. People that shorthop approach get f-smashed. People that attack from above get u-smashed. Your best kill moves should be reserved u-tilts, uairs, and lightning kicks. Odds are you'll be using her smashed to rack up damage so their KO power won't be what they could be.

that's a very general idea of how to play Zelda. It's by no means written in a Zelda Bible or anything. Practice against humans IRL, not online, and learn how to combo, each move's priority, utility, range and power. Enjoy!

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
Despite what some (very few...) others have to say, I feel that Zelda should be played in a mostlyy defensive fashion. I am not a huge fan of dashing into opponents unless I'm planning on spinning it around and shooting din's while using the backwards momentum shift that was spoken about in another thread. Basicallllly.... I would use Zelda defensively. Her smashes are on the quicker side, so she can defend an oncoming opponent, and her usmash is great for defending aerial attacks. Even her tilts are good for stopping opponents... I sometimes like to use dtilt to (literally) stop an opponent dead in his tracks when they are dashing.

Just practice and stuff I guess... If you want someone to play online with then you can PM me. I can play as Zelda, or other characters too if you like.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I used to SUCK at dodging. Just play a lvl 9 cpu, again, only for practice, not learning methods, and just dodge all their attacks. Don't even try to attack, just dodge everything.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
From an Offensive Zelda player, I would say learn the knockback, range and time length of your smashes so you can use them in appropriate situations. Dsmash will become a "clear everyone out" type of move when people get inside you. Control over Din's is big and and spamming it like FirebyrdXX can definitely leave you open for an attack. All of your aerials can kill but don't do Dair on a grounded person because it'll never sweetspot. Zelda's tilts are amazing so learn when to use them because beside Dtilt, they are definitely situational. Lastly, use your throws, and learn to link combos with the Dthrow. FW will be a definite thing to get control of as well.

--I type too much lol

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I wish i could direct you to a good model Zelda player, but there isn't really one. DM is an excellent player, but has an unusual and unique interpetation of Zelda, same for Nakayorz....
EDIT: I'm talking about videos.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Also, keep in mind that your B-air can kick every character save pikachu and metaknight in their fat heads if used STRAIGHT from the ground...although, kirby, olimar and jigglypuff are tough to get, too. Everybody else=kick fodder. Whenever you powershield an attack and your back is to your opponent, say after they roll behind you like a moron to attack you...say g'night.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ive seen some of Dark Musicians videos he is very good...I learned a few techs from him
Ive heard of Nakayorz jus never seen his Zelda vids Imma check it out...thanks:)

Thanks for the advice KodaChrome Ive been having trouble sweet spotting on the short characters it gets frustrating....lol

Top Bottom