• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question: Is it Worth it?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'll be getting Pearl sometime this week (Yes, Pearl, not Diamond, I can't stand Dialga), and I'm debating something...

Should I shell out $40 for a Wi-Fi adapter?

I'm really not sure. What do you guys think?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Considering one of the most awaited features of DP is going to be the online, you should at least consider it. You don't have to get it right away, though, so if you're not sure now, maybe it would be better to wait until later. After all, going online right after you first get a game isn't usually a good idea (even if it's one like pokemon, you still need a team, right?).

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
If you have a wireless router you don't need an adapter.

Personally I would get it if i didn't have highspeed/didn't have the need for a wireless adapter.
But the game seems good. It's not something you'd regret not getting, think of it as getting a slice a pie "a la mode". Its nice to have but it's something you need.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I say go for it. In the end, I think it'll be worth it. After all, Pokemon isn't the only WiFi game for the DS... there are many others it's also worth getting for.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's also used for getting the Wii online so if you have a Wii / looking at getting one it's a good investment.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I believe the answer we're all looking for is: Hell yes!

Online play greatly lengthens a game's enjoyability. How long do you think you'll play Pokemon if you cant battle people? I'm guessing fifty hours tops. But with online, you can get every pokemon and battle people around the world. (Be sure to activate hacks ;))

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It doesn't pick up my router when I search for it... it's sad.

But you're going to need to go online to see every Pokemon. I use my friend's router. ;)

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
Going online is one of the best reasons for getting the DS in the first place, more so with Pokemon.
Between an actual router and a WiFi Connector, go with the router. You can get a cheap and equally functional router for about the same price as the Connector. Plus, routers will act as a firewall for your computer, something you should have anyways.

XgimmickX

Smash Rookie
Eh I allready had wireless internet at the time so I didn't need an adapter. I bought pearl version a week ago and I've been trying to battle online but, my router conked out so I have yet to play Pearl online:(

Top Bottom