• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question for Mario mains...

Amide

Smash Lord
Do you play Mario because you like Mario, or do you play him because you think he's a good character? I want to know because I'm wondering if it would be a good thing to try him out. Is he bad like a lot of people have been saying?

???????

Smash Journeyman
Both; Mario is a classic Nintendo character who I personally enjoy, and as a character in Brawl he has a powerful air and edgeguarding game (I see a lot of potential in Mario's metagame).

Help!

Smash Journeyman
I played mario cause i liked him the most in melee. I'm a fan but not like the biggest fan. He's good but definately has his flaws. He's a lot better than from melee. But he's still like middle tier and has trouble with the higher tiers.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I use him because I'm a fan and I find his playstyle to be very interesting especially with his gimping cape-abilities (pun 100% intended). Seriously though the cape is my favorite move in the game. That and stringing hits together with him is quite satisfying.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I main him yeah mostly since he's really iconic.

I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's probably just mid tier.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Don't believe the lies that he's a "Bad" character. Mario's moveset, edgeguarding, combo game, and projectile game are all superb. I chose Mario because he fits my playstyle. The fact that he's the coolest character on the roster was just coincidence.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
In almost all games I've played, where tiers are created, I try to keep mid/low, due to the reason, people do not know how to fight them =]

And my Mario's fun to play as as well, and there's not a lot of Mario players.

Amide

Smash Lord
In almost all games I've played, where tiers are created, I try to keep mid/low, due to the reason, people do not know how to fight them =]
And my Mario's fun to play as as well, and there's not a lot of Mario players.

Ooh, never thought of that before! Maybe Mario can be a secondary, I can't ditch Meta Knight.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Both. Mario's awesome to play as and since I'm a fan, it's only logical that Mario's my main. He has been since I played SSB several years ago. He's an underrated character but that's okay. They don't know how good he really is!

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
I main him b/c he suits my style of playing perfectly and that's 50%-50% offense and defense. Marth has almost the same stats but he's a bit like 65% offense to me.

There is no other character that gives me the most joy in playing.
There is no other character that does what he can do.
There is no other character that wears overalls, gloves, a water pack, says lets go and kick *** like he does.

Vote Mario for president.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We all have to pitch in if we're going to make ''Mario the ultimate metagame.'':)

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
People think mario is bad for the fact that he isn't necesarily automatic top tier cheap material like fox or metaknight. However, IF YOU TAKE YOUR TIME TO LEARN HOW TO USE MARIO, he will definitely turn heads. Mario has great potential towards smash players who take the time to study and practice with mario, and he's great for people who greatly understands how smash works. If you decide on maining him, just take your

Besides that, he's an iconic gaming character, making him look like a ninja in smash is like the best feeling in the world.:chuckle:

If you decide on maining him, watch tons of pro videos of him to get a sense of how to use him and practice. He has no glaring weakness, besides the fact that his range on his tilts aren't that great, but that doesn't mean that it is necessarily a weakness. You can work your way around that due to the versatility of mario's abilities, and use them practically well.

Think about this, those who think mario is weak in smash has no idea of what they're running into when they face a GREAT mario player. Winning against good mainers with mario makes me smile...:)

studly

Smash Ace
ive changed my main alot...mostly because i think a new perspective opens up insight to better your character when you come back to use them again..

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Both in 64 I kinda used everyone besides Jigglypuff in Melee it was Mario this carries over to Brawl

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mario's my childhood hero and my adulthood hero as well. :laugh: To me, he represents ordinary people who can do extraordinary things and playing as Mario is like that too. He's a middle tier character but he has a decent amount of tricks up his sleeves. As already stated by others, he's a heavily underestimated character and I want to prove his worth since he's Mr. Nintendo and all.

boss8

Smash Hero
Mario's my childhood hero and my adulthood hero as well. :laugh: To me, he represents ordinary people who can do extraordinary things and playing as Mario is like that too. He's a middle tier character but he has a decent amount of tricks up his sleeves. As already stated by others, he's a heavily underestimated character and I want to prove his worth since he's Mr. Nintendo and all.
yea he covered everything,

Top Bottom