• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about up b

red stone

Smash Ace
i've been playing around with this for a little. might even pick pikachu up.

anyways, while i was on a ledge, i pushed away, and i up b'd into the ledge and then grabbed it again. it was really quick. then i found that you can do that multiple times...so can pikachu's up b be used as an infinite ledge stall?

also, another cool thing i saw was that you could push away and then up b horizontally away from the stage and the horizontally back to grab the ledge. does anyone use this as an edgeguard technique? seems really cool. plus, it's fast so you can do an aerial after you've grabbed the ledge again

Anther

Smash Champion
You know... I never thought of pushing away then up-bing next to the edge for the cancel... I always dropped down and then a jump to quick attack, because it wouldn't cancel no matter how fast I did it with the fast-fall to up-b. If that actually works out right I <3 you.

And quick attacking into recoveries from the ledge works.. the only problem is that if doesn't have a lot of priority all the time... which'll get you spiked by falco, set up for edgeguard against fox, works nicely against falcon (cause everything does x.x)... but at the same time, it will give your opponent more to think about if you're going at them and throwing quick-attacks at them when they try to recover.

Congrats on seeing the light that is Pikachu though. He's supposedly better than his position on the tier list suggests =p.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I've got another question about Pikachu's up B. Has anyone ever used pikachu's up B out of a shield. I've been thinking of using it as a quick get away tactic, but it may not be such a good idea. I don't actually main pikachu, but he seems like such a fun character and I've been practicing with him for a little while to see if I could actually use him every now and then.

P.S. Up B cancels are pretty entertaining.

Top Bottom