• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about "ghost pikmin glitch"

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
ok, i've read about the glitch... but i didn't realize how gay it was until today when i was playing my friends mk and i randomly started gettign owned when i was doing aerials, i told him not to hit me real quick and wow, the glitch happened to me. i could not do atk's most of the time and well, we know how the glitch goes.... my question is is there anyway to make the glitch go away? and if this occurs during a tournament... am i just outta luck? will i just pretty much have to face the fact that they got a free kill?

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I've never heard of a ghost pikman glitch(probably cause i'm knew to the forums). But could you please explain the glitch.

On the tournament question i dont think they would let the round continue with a glitch as bad as you said. But i dont know for sure.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
pretty much, any move involving a pikmin can not be done. you can still pluck pikmin... assuming you don't have 6, however any move involving a pikmin will be done as if you had none. after i whistled, i was able to get 2 smash atks off, and then it went back to the motion of a smash atk with no pikmin, and i could throw a pikmin, and then it would go back to me not being able to throw them anymore. i'm not sure what causes the glitch... but it was gay :/ since i could basicly do nothign to kill my opponent despite 6 pikmin following me

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
This just happened to me yesterday, it really saddened me because I thought Olimar was better than that.. :( I would also really appriciate any help on how to stop/counter/remove it in anyway since your enemy usually gets a free stock :dizzy:

Oh, about the tournaments, if this glich happens during an official tournament, you should just tell the guy who's in charge and im almost sure they will do something about it.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Umm, wow. This sucks...

I was considering making Olimar my 2nd main, too...

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
well its not an often occurrence....... i can say that i have well over idk even know how many matches i have had with olimar.... but a lot (i've been gettin ready for a tourny wit oli) and it has only happened once, so its not something that you will have to get used to.... and i am going to continue to play him, unless well, this becomes frequent, but i couldn't imagine it occurring often since it has only happened once. i don't think you should become discouraged lol, his pros outweigh this random low chanced glitch by astronomical proportions lol

Olimarman

Smash Ace
In a tournament, couldn't you show the judge this and just restart the match? Does this glitch last the entire match? Btw, I've played hundreds of matches with Olimar and this hasn't happened to me once, so idk.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
idk, because someone could be at an advantage when this occurs... so it wouldn't be fully fair to restart the match

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Quick Tip - only 1 pikmin is "ghosted" this means, you must figure out which one it is, and use your whistles to keep avoiding that pikmin - meaning - your whistle counting is incredibly important...

Remember - only 1 pikmin is the glitch, the others work just fine - organize your pikmin with down b. using whistles, I have survived over 2 mins with the glitch, not fun, but possible.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
for me.... no matter how many times i whistled........ i could only do two f-smashes , was my glitch worse than the norm? i'll make sure i remember this if it occurs at a tourny and try to find out which one it is

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Hmm, I wasn't aware of a Pikmin Ghost Glitch. Interesting and thanks for letting me/us know. How common does this glitch happen?

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
wow this has happened to me, but i believe it has to do with tripping during a pikmin attack, so something gets messed up i cant explain right now...
but i think its solvable, so dont start hating olimar, "omgz i wuz gona main him but nvm now"
you arent a real pikmin player then

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
if i knew it's be scary.. well, lets just say...... i went to a tourny two weeks ago and i was getting ready for it 4 days before it, and then i've been p[laying uite a bit recently, and then this week i've played everyday this week to prepare for a tourny tomorrow, so idk..... a lot lol, maybe 1000? maybe 800? idk, but a lot

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
My experience with the glitch is you can either a) trip during an attack with pikmin (also air trip) or b) a pikmin can be killed ish during an attack and not die...this happens most often with pk fire...no idea why it happens...

So Pyronic...its very possible that you had a worse glitch than others b/c the glitch could have hit more than one pikmin...

For me, the glitch happened 3 times in one day...and then I hadn't had it happen for 2 weeks...its random.

Pinoy

Smash Rookie
Never happened to me. Sounds really gay tho. Especially if you were participating in a tourney playin as Olimar.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
if i knew it's be scary.. well, lets just say...... i went to a tourny two weeks ago and i was getting ready for it 4 days before it, and then i've been p[laying uite a bit recently, and then this week i've played everyday this week to prepare for a tourny tomorrow, so idk..... a lot lol, maybe 1000? maybe 800? idk, but a lot
phew! (no need to worry now :D)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha,i've never seen it. i don't want to. i looked up how many matches i've played and the total is 1161 vs matches. 119 hours worth.

off topic: what's a prat fall? and do y'all think 35 hit% is good? considering all the pikmen spammage? or can that be a good judgement for skill lvl. my opponents that i play with mostly are usually pretty good.

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
the funniest thing is how u guys worry about the ghost pikmin thing, when it happened to me during the finals of a local tournament XD... its was bad... I couldnt do anything, and was forced to jump off the edge. I still won though, but that glitch is devistating nontheless.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Haven't encountered it yet and I play only with Olimar and have over 1500 matches (on and offline) already.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
the funniest thing is how u guys worry about the ghost pikmin thing, when it happened to me during the finals of a local tournament XD... its was bad... I couldnt do anything, and was forced to jump off the edge. I still won though, but that glitch is devistating nontheless.
No No No No NO - The glitch only affect 1 pikmin...you must whistle around that pikmin - annoying but there is NO REASON to waste a life for it...I can't stress this enough...I got the glitch once and killed my opponent twice during it...its very possible to do this!.

Smash Apprentice
I got this glitch the third time I ever tried playing as Olimar. It was right after I got the game, so I was just messing around with my friend. Suddenly, this happens. I think I tried throwing them all off the edge to try and kill them, but I'm not sure if it worked. At the time, it was pretty hilarious, but it was a problem.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
well i got my answer haha, it didn't occur in the tourny, but pretty muych the guy says "if it happens theres not anything i can do about it" but it didn't happen, so no big

If you guys don't know what the Ghost Pikmin are about, read this.

Also, someone posted an idea of a way to get GP... maybe you can use the same method to get rid of them?

It involves recovering back to the stage, dropping, and recovering again, so that you get your Pikmin to fall off the stage and die... something something... and GP appear? His post didn't make too much sense, but perhaps try it out.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Thanks for the guide...i read it and you are right, doesn't make a whole bunch of sense...my best advice still is whistle around it - but i haven't gotten it in 3 weeks, I get it most often against ness or lucas when a pikmin is killed by pk fire or something similar.

Top Bottom