• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question: 1,000 hours of Smash Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
Hi there, I've played the Smash Brothers series since it first released, etc, and have played Melee atleast every other month with my five siblings, but I'm a little curious; Is 1,000 hours(minus likely 150-250 before file was whiped in 2002) a good amount of hours to have played Melee? Where does that stand with everyone else?

Thanks, Edfishy.

Fletch

Smash Master
I would guess that most people here would have passed that mark a long time ago, and would be well beyond it on their memory cards. I know mine is quite a bit above that, and I haven't been playing for all that long.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
yeah about five months or so ago.. on my friends' memory card we had like maybe 3,000 hours... hands down, we definately have had to have doubled that since then.

....but how many hours youve racked up on the game says nothing of your skill level as a player

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Also, most people don't necessarily play on their memory cards. Going to tournaments = a lot of time spent playing smash that doesn't go on your card (unless you're the one whose memory card is used).

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
I see.

Well, thanks for the responses guys, hopefully we'll all get a chance to test each other's skill when Brawl's out. See you then!

Giggidax

Smash Ace
1000 hours? thats less than expected from a competitive smasher.

altho 1000 hours will give u a good idea of SSBM, more time is needed to be extremely good at the game.
i myself dont know how many hours ive put into this game, but im sure ive played this game more than 1000 hours. im competitive, wat can i say. i still suck tho lol!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've got over a 1000 but as has been mentioned the amount of time you have spent on the game hardly translates into skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom