• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong **** is pretty flashy. Hope the combo video turns out well.

Also, to everyone in Brisbane: let us all descend upon DJ Cat's house on friday!

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Lol Dj if you jumped back on, I fixed my Wii lol. It's not too much different but I see how it could put you off.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Who txted me asking about road tripping to Sydney????

My phone broke so I don't know whose number it is

I think it was 0422 ........

Hahhaa greenie you are a monster..... Smashing wombats.... what did they do to you??

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
hey can we talk about the stages and stuff again? Seriously

Battlefield
FD
Delfino
Yoshi Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1

Should be it for starters. Since the first discusion kust0m and i have been playing with all the levels (including Brinstar Corneria Orpheon and Jungle ****) with the ones above as starters and really besides Orpheon the other 3 arnt very neutral at all. As counter picks there great id ever use 1 or 2 as a counter but as starters its just BLAH!

Also whats happening with the MK ban????

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hahhaa greenie you are a monster..... Smashing wombats.... what did they do to you??
Lol, if this is a reference to my rapidly increasing post count, you can blame the Sonic boards. Been spending way too much time there trying to keep it sensible. But I think I've done it...for now...

In regards to stages, I think that list is fine... but if I had to remove any, it would probably be Pokemon Stadium 1.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Who txted me asking about road tripping to Sydney????

My phone broke so I don't know whose number it is

I think it was 0422 ........

Yea that was me, but screw that, got tickets for 160, including return.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@stages:
1. No stages are neutral; therefore, a stage not being neutral is not a good reason for that stage not being starter.
2. I don't think we ever hammered out what actual criteria we want for the starter stages; we just sort of went with the SBR's suggestions and then added those four because the majority of people were in favor of adding them, without delving into the actual reasons. If we're going to discuss starter stages further, I think it would be a good idea to hammer out our criteria for starter stages first.
3. Booker, what are your criteria for starter stages? And why do those four stages not fit your criteria?

@Meta Knight:
As for the MK ban, do you mean in Queensland or globally? In Queensland I think everyone got sidetracked/decided they didn't care enough to continue the discussion further and ban him. Globally, public debate rages, and only members of the SBR know what the SBR is saying about it.

Personally, I think I'm against banning Meta Knight in Queensland until we've had at least one or two of the monthly tournies, and there turns out to be excessive numbers of Meta Knights at those tournies. I don't mean to bash on Queensland/Australian smashers, but I highly doubt if this is the top of the metagame, so we're presumably at the point where everyone who doesn't play Meta Knight has enough room for improvement to be able to defeat the current Meta Knight players (no disrespect intended towards Chris, or anyone else, of course).

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ionno chris is pretty good... lol
if i work on my snaking more maybe...

also nice video vyse looks epic XD but i catch your banana or grimer and throw it back at u =P

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol.
Chris is beatable. C:

I can't help being gay, Ryan.
You know, I hope you don't actually despise me. =/
As much as I'm a **** to you, it's not for real, and I certainly don't hate on you (at least not really) to your face.
I don't see why you'd get so worked up about my posts, though, because as you say it's not like saying anything over the internet makes you 'manly' or anything, but at least confessing I was being rather over-the-top and asking for forgiveness where people can see is more than most people will do.
I don't take anything you mean offensively to me to heart, and if it does hurt sometimes I will just forget it and hope that it'll be better next time.
But you haven't said anything to me that would really relate to 'kind', so I'm assuming you're beyond irritated with me?
Will you stop hating on me, or forgive me?
If not, well I guess that's fine with me, if you're alright with it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Qsl

@Paff:

Shannon and I have spoken (emailed each other rather) on the matter.

I wanted to speak with Booker about it before bringing the concept of the 'Queensland Smash League' to everyone.

Just give me a day or two to sort things out.

But trust me, it's going to put Melee and Brawl on the map.

It kinda scares me actually. How far she wants to take this potential venture.

EDIT:
Also, thanks for digging up that post. I was wondering where she had posted it.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Psh, way to get everyone excited and then ask for a couplea days before giving out any information. :p

Also, this thread doesn't seem to be particularly effective for discussing any one topic thoroughly, since there's so much that fits here and any one thing tends to be forgotten after a while. So I'm thinking, perhaps we should make a separate topic to discuss stages more thoroughly, since there still seem to be issues to be resolved?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I don't think that's really necessary. If we want to discuss stages, we'll discuss them.

As for stages. I'm still quite open to changes.
To be honest, I think the water hazard on japes is too unbalanced.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yes.

Nooby Brisbane smash tourney.

Time to tear up some *******, atleast until I run into Zac.

Azure Rune

Smash Journeyman
@Paff:

Shannon and I have spoken (emailed each other rather) on the matter.

I wanted to speak with Booker about it before bringing the concept of the 'Queensland Smash League' to everyone.

Just give me a day or two to sort things out.

But trust me, it's going to put Melee and Brawl on the map.

It kinda scares me actually. How far she wants to take this potential venture.

EDIT:
Also, thanks for digging up that post. I was wondering where she had posted it.

Good to see it's finally made it this far at least. If everything works out you'll all know soon enough what qsl is all about.

Sirias

Smash Champion
CALL ME KAS. NOT SIRIAS. D:<
:D

I'll take that as a wonderfully loving thing. I do indeed enjoy **** by men. c:

I like the name Shannon. <3

So is anything happening this weeke-
Argh, keep forgetting, going to Michael's.

HO HO I learnded how to C Walk, yay. c:

Ben are you gonna be able to host THIS Tuesday..?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Scrubs, what are you doing for 'Don't Come'? Are you hosteling it?

ATTN Don't Come Ateendees.

Ryan, Doug and I need one more person to stay in our four man room Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Well, maybe sunday), more important than anything, is that we need to know who's staying the friday night anyhow, cause we need a fourth person. Otherwise, we'll get a sydney sider to stay with us.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Dont Come now has a dodgeball tourney! Stop flaming each other and take it out in Dodgeball

PS - Go for Redact, I'll protect him =3

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Me, Ben and Zac too.

Ben. Plane tix are *** cheap now. GIT!!!!!!!
I know but.......

I am going to Canberra and Tasmania in the holidays

Tassie from the 22nd-28th

and Canberra from ???-21st

so....

I will either be:

Flying - If I don't drive to Canberra until the week after the tourney

Driving from Canberra - If I am in Canberra at the time of the tourney

Driving from Brisbane - If I am driving down to Canberra around the time of the tourney

I will know whats happening mid to late November

Sirias

Smash Champion
Holy **** DODGEBALL!?
That's hort.

Urgh, so hot.
Should shut blinds.

C walking is like shuffling but better. :D
Although it's still gay.

Nick, isn't Centrelink giving you money or anything?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Has any more information on the Brisbane Tournament been verified? It says mid Novmber but I think it might be happening on the 16th? Can anybody verify this?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Redcliffe II, which is an overnight informal tournament meet, will happen on the 15th of November to the 16th.

The first Queensland Smash League Monthly is scheduled for December 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom