• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quakfest 14: ITS DARK AND EFFING COLD 2-7-09 *EVENING TOURNAMENT WITH POTENTIAL BBQ!*

Zoap

Smash Master
worst comes to worst i can always bring my george forman grill, but id prefer not to have to bring it. Ima hit the dollar store up before this and buy hella food. nothing specific though.

Zoap

Smash Master
I have school Tuesday/Thursday. Start at 8:00 am go till 12:30 get a break till 2 then finish at 3:20, except Tuesday where I have a class from 7:00pm-10:00pm. Weds I have lab from Noon-12:50pm. Work is sometime in the future unfortunately.

quak

Smash Champion
make sure your bring both buttload of hamber patties and hot dog buns, equivalent the the buttload that joe is bringing of buns

one butt load should be about 30, costco sells hamburger patties for cheaper in bulk that are frozen, which will suffice

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think you may be asking people to bring too much

i don't think anyone should be spending more than $10 on this, and it should be fine for multiple people to bring the same things -_-

quak

Smash Champion
too much is better than not enough

also, we have an entire store that will be hungry, and can feed them for $ and reimberce ppl who brought alot

pockyD

Smash Legend
fair enough

>>I<< refuse to spend more than $10, which is why i claimed the cheapest thing I could see on the list loool

anyway, if plates are cheap enough to where I feel guilty, I'll bring napkins or plastic-ware too

someones gotta bring coke!

lets go get cokes, anything less will make me choke.

if someone can pick me up from the bart station ill bring a few cases :)

but that still wont be enough i believe.

quak

Smash Champion
nah, store has drinks covered, no need

bring money to buy arizonas for a dollar

EDIT: also store has coke, canned or glass bottled, which ever you prefer

quak

Smash Champion
teams i'll be after singles most likely, seeing how singles is usually the main event, and teams is for fun

quak

Smash Champion
i know, it's a close call, i know that ss and tang only go for teams in many cases, along with many other high ranked people

but the thing is that singles almost always has a bigger pot than teams, and therefore should be given priority

plus the people that stick around for teams will more devoted for it, and it'll be more fun i believe

do you believe?

quak

Smash Champion
obviously attendance for the later tournament will be smaller than the earlier tournament, but i honestly believe that doubles attendance will suffer less than singles, as we are running it in a store, and hoping to catch some cocky scrubs who walk in, they won't enter in doubles period, and may not enter singles if it's run too late

but if it's a solid popular vote, i'll make doubles first

by popular i mean people that count

joeplicate

Smash Master
I definitely think that nobody would even bother entering doubles if you had it 2nd

it's sad but true, give that **** the attention it deserves

No but seriously, I don't know if anyone would enter doubles at all even

Top Bottom