• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quack to Wavebounced Thunder?

Trillion

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm at college and my Wii is stuck at home with my bro and sis, but I've been keeping up with all the techs being discovered and etc. So I can't test this, but I was wondering if the Quick Attack Cancel would be able to leave a person with enough time to do a wave bounced thunder? If so, I was thinking that it could be a useful mind game. If its possible, then I hope someone can find a way to utilize this and if not then sorry for wasting your time lol.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
It could be although you would have to jump and wavebounce
But I don't think it will be a useful mindgame. I always consider wavebounced thunder to be a safer way to do thunder because the lightning striking down would prevent the opponent from immediately coming and punishing your lag.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I was always thought the same thing of the wavebounced thunder, so i was thinking that once your opponent gets used to your quack, that they would probably start trying to dodge to the side for fear of an impending aeriel andthen trying to counter it with another attack, which they would hopefully then attack into the thunder. I guess it might not be that great though

Tagxy

Smash Lord
If you meant thunder right after the QAC, it doesnt work. If you meant QAC jump, thunder, that works but don't imagine it to be used often. If you're worried about them predicting your QAC, try landing in back of them or on top of them.

Top Bottom