• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Townsville North Queensland - Social Smash Meets - Spiral Powered

Lord Ganon

Smash Rookie
Hey,

I stumbled across one of your posters around the uni one drunken club night. Thought i'd check out the thread. A mate and I would be interested in finding more about these smash gatherings.

I'm going away for 10 days or so for uni lecture break but when we get back we'd be keen for some social or competetive brawling whenever. Its cool to know there are others out there who play the game.

-Ben

Bobo Magroto

Smash Rookie
This Fridays meet is on for sure! I probably wont be able to provide lifts and such as my car's getting serviced.

OP updated with my mobile number for anyone who wants to know the address.

You guys who have posted/PM'd me but havn't got in contact with me for the address feel free to come on Friday.

My mobile is 0448 133 134, gimme a buzz anytime.

Feel free to bring snacks & drinks.
I'll see if i can get this on friday (seeing i missed a few. No Phone Credit)
If Im able, (and credited) ill give you a shout Kaydash

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the short notice folks but no smash at my place this weekend since i wont be there. Im outta town for my sisters 21st. =D

Next friday its on like mother effin DK.

Awesome to see some new people popping up, all welcome!!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Have fun.

I haven't been able to go to a meet in awhile. D: Hopefully I can make it next week; I'm craving some Smash. It'd be great to see some of the new people too.

Bobo Magroto

Smash Rookie
I'll give you a call sometime in the week Kaydash, I may be free for it :). hope to see you guys then (I'll bring a controller, if it starts midday like said on the start of the thread. that would be quittin time at work and id probably wont bring much)

happy ANZAC day (support them soldiers)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey, are you guys going to hold a good old tournament sometime?

You know, in the winter, when its cold in all the other states (and even in Brisbane/Gold Coast) would be a great time for people to come up your way to thaw out...(HINT HINT :chuckle:)
Oh yeah and play Smash as well.

Nah, whenever you guys think you have enough and want to is the right time...I'd like to come to it when it happens. :)

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
New venue!!!

Come on chaps lets sort this out shall we.

My number is still in the OP anyone who reads this and is keen call me, i'll be harassing you guys who started coming at the start of the year but haven't made an appearance since.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I think what Scott wanted to say without looking like a douche was:
I'd be going with DJ Cat.

OP.
What is this.
4Chan?

Townsville...

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Hey I have rung a hall that we could use for a smash meet. On any Saturday it would cost about 75 bucks from 2pm and until 10pm. There is cheap accomodation in the area (which is Nambour Sunnycoast) also Max said he could host a couple of people and me and my friend may be able to host some people for the night as well.

The other option is on a Friday night sometime, there could be a smash meet at my friends house (which is big) and we can set up some tv's and wii's there and have it on all night until the staurday.

Anyways if interested just post and I can make something official if anyone wants it.

Basically I posted that in the sunnycoast thread but I am glad this is up :)
so yea atm there is one free option and one pay and entry fee option. I may be able to hire the hall overnight but I can't guarntee it. Also I'll come to townsville if all i have to pay is food.

Maybe I could get a lift down there? If not I'll train.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Fly,man!

Its further away then Sydney, nearly as far as MelbCorn.

Yeah, I is still interested in coming up for a tourny or even just a weekend of casual s...
smash. XD :p
Siriasly though.
Must also include a day at the beach. :)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
k tht can be arranged haha. Beach on the Sunday or sat with smash night before. Sounds good :)

Seriously though tht far? eh cant afford anything too much now tht i gotta get spending money together for my japan when i finsh school. *Hopes to play smash in japan*

Sirias

Smash Champion
Townsville isn't really expensive to go to.
OCT 21 (I think) tickets to Cairns are $99, right now prices (well, jetstar prices anyway) are around $169.
So townsville is like what, $139? Or less? Might be cheaper around October, but that's miles away. Plus close to other tournament dates, so not very good for cheap-os.

I want to go up North sometime...

Edit:

Oh wait, yeah, I'll be going up October 21st or so. d:

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
oh my bad peter but a beach trip from nambour could work if we have the time.

Sunshine coast has the best beaches ;)

(I r now smash child ;D) Irrelevant...

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I think what Scott wanted to say without looking like a douche was:
I'd be going with DJ Cat.

OP.
What is this.
4Chan?

Townsville...
Ahaha, I never realised what I typed till just then...

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
<3 the way qld smash is getting bigger and more co-ordinated. Would be awesome once I get a job and I can afford to go to these things.
Oh and cal, I though I explained to u the townsville thing. -_- lol ahh well :p

as long as there is melee involved it's a reason for me to spend money.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
lol I thought u would have picked up on my bad short term memory :p and yet good long term memory, particulary on random stuff :S

Since knowing I gotta save every penny for Japan so suddenly makes me think I may experience what it's like by being jobless like u to an extent :p

Nah in all seriousness it's probably worth it except I miss out on S.Q.U.A.T now =/ so I hope Japanese smashing is defs viable when I leave. Apprantly Kansai is pretty big with brawl being all over tokyo.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEHS!

SQUAT V TRAINING!!

Wednesday All Day

Thursdays & Sundays Lunch (workies)

If anyone will be in Townsville ever i'm always keen to smash, and can more than likely provide a bed or several for a couple days.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I might be going to Innisfail sometime, not that that's exactly 'close' to Townsville, but... it's closer than here, that's for sure.
If I'm around there or have some spare time or somehow end up going on a trip to Townsville I'll give you a txt or call or something to meet up and play a little Smash, but not really much, I don't really like too much Smash, like... an hour or two. Haha.

Better than nothing, though.
And you'll get to play DA BEST IN BRISBAYN.
Almost.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Aww man I didn't know this thread was semi-bumped. Kaydash, we're gonna have to get together next week for some final Smash sessions, and so I can get my copy of Melee before I head back to Gladstone. If only I had woken up a little earlier throughout this week so we could've had some more games (although it sounds like you've been having some pretty extreme sleep-ins too :p).

Sirias

Smash Champion
Gladstone? That's a lot closer than Townsville, haha.
Ahhh, man, I need money to go up there.
Only $100 to Cairns from October 21st.
Must... get... monies...

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
GOD ****IT TOWNSVILLE YOU WILL HAVE A SMASH SCENE IF ITS THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000000000000000000000ooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Seriously tho, we're getting a bunch of fighting game freaks together, the Tekken 6 hype has helped me get a bunch more enthusiasm. (Again...)

Tekken 6, Tekken 5, SFIV, SC4, GGXXAC, SF3 3RD STRIKE, MELTY BLOOD AA, King of Fighters, MvC2, Capcom V SNK 2, and whatever the **** else we feel like rocking.

In the last couple weeks I've met and reconnected with some people who share my enthusiasm to fill the gaping hole that exsist where the Townsville Fighting Game Group should.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Hey Smashboards,

Just posting this here since its not worth making a new thread about.

Further to my last post, (from nearly a year ago)

The first Townsville Quarter Circle Dojo meet was today.

We had about 13 people turn up (and as ever a billion no shows).

Event was a friendly Double Elim Tourney of Tekken 6 and SSFIV.

And we had a couple extra setups for various games like MBAA, TvC, MvC2, SC4, GGAC (and a mame box with all the older favorites, **** YEAH JOJOS) And even a Dreamcast for Rival Schools and CvS2.

And, of course, Smash Bros. I'm currently in the process of converting some Brawl Boys into Melee Men.

If anyone in the area is reading this, check out www.cblan.net for more info and to post your interest.

Much love, Kaydash.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
6 Monthly bump!

I believe one of the aforementioned "Brawl Boys" hooked up with Vyse during a visit down south the other week, I wish those guys would make a thread, or post in this one or some ****, sort it out yo.

Last time I told him to make a thread his reaction was "its not serious enough for smash boards" which sort of confused me.

Anyway.

The "real" fighting game community is slowly clawing its way into reality, id really like smash to be part of it.

Also some cute girls play Brawl, aint no cute chicks in the area playing a "real" fighter.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Street fighter 4 you say
Oz Hadou Thread Link

Here's a good idea of how serious it is.

External link for slow pokes.

NSFW NSFW Me at Work NSFW NSFW

No, really, its me at work.

But jeez, maybe next time i try to put some posters up for Smash meets I should just put ****s all over them, seems to be WAY more attention grabbing than I expected.

Love and Peace

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i'm pretty sure a **** isn't allowed on SWF -- sorry to spoil the fun, kiddies

Top Bottom