• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD/NSW] - Gamer's Life Convention - Gold Coast

GrandJason

Smash Cadet
Hi Guys!

I'm really excited to tell you that Gold Coast is holding it's first anime and gaming convention ever next year January 21st and 22nd. There'll be plenty to do through out the weekend, from anime streams, cosplay and a massive Lan and Gaming hall as well as much more.

And it wouldn't be much of a gaming convention without some Smash action. During the weekend, we'll be holding a SSBB singles and doubles tournament. Not only will there be cash prizes for the tournament, but we've also got some cool stuff to give away from our sponsors.

Each tournament is $5 entry and the convention tickets are $15 per day or $25 per weekend, you can preregister and buy tickets on our site. For more details feel free to pm me or check out our site at www.gamerslife.com.au also please like our facebook at www.facebook.com/gamerslifeconvention

Thanks for reading this thread and I hope to see you there.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Where is it? At Bond?

If it is, I can house you Aero <3 since it's only like a 5min drive from where I live.

I can like drive you (evil)
And feed you calamari.

:phone:

GrandJason

Smash Cadet
@toki Yeh, it's at Bond university.

@pants & hugh, yeh there'll be a copy of blazblu, in the gaming room. although at this stage we haven't seen a lot of demand for arcana heart or bb tournament yet. If you know a couple of guys that would be interested in arcana hearts let us know.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I'm interested in BB and Arcana Hearts. Always wanted to play AH, but didt even know it was a competitive game :p thought it was 1p game.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
AH3 is pretty cheap atm. only like $30 off ebay. both me and hugh play. also aki a bb player we know wants to get into it. i know a couple of bb guys. if arrow and cal played and all the bb guys i know outside of smash turned up we could probably hit 9-10 players. of course none of the bb guys i know outside of smash ever turn up to anything QQ

i dunno if i'll turn up. it's a long way to go when i don't play any of the major games XD
but if i'm not doing anything that weekend i'll probably try and show up to support bb/ah3/catherine

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Yea I would play BB more if I had more motivation :/ haha. There's just not enough competition to justify getting good at the game whilst I'm juggling smash, Pokemon cards and I'm now giving LoL a go. That being said I'll play most games on the day and I'm keen to go to this.

GrandJason

Smash Cadet
you never know with these sorts of things. Maybe there'll be some other bb players that rock up on the day. It's the great thing about these sorts of events, you meet a ton of people with similar interests as you.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Yea I would play BB more if I had more motivation :/ haha. There's just not enough competition to justify getting good at the game whilst I'm juggling smash, Pokemon cards and I'm now giving LoL a go. That being said I'll play most games on the day and I'm keen to go to this.
as long as there's somebody better than you that you can play against then there's competitive motivation. when you think about it, in smash you're only trying to get better than 4-5 people and at one time you're probably only trying to get better than 1-2 people in particular. so if there's at least one person better than you then there's reason to try and get better if you like the game. hell, i don't even need competitive motivation to play good games. just need one person who's also interested and you're set.

also, if you don't play a game just because nobody's playing it then un-advertised good games will never get scenes. gotta put in effort to get these things started.

tl;dr: QQ

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Maybe so but I don't actually feel the motivation so there is no point right now. Building up a scene though I'm down with since all I have to do is actually enter tournaments. I don't have to spend my time actually getting good at the game. When I get more motivation I'll try to get good, simple as that. In the meantime I'll keep playing smash etc.

GrandJason

Smash Cadet
The main gaming hall will be open reasonably late, we will probably start asking people out at around 10:30 or 11:00.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Is AH3 online? Do you gaiz play it on xbawks? I'm getting it for PS3....... Once I get Internet back.

Almost a month without internet </3

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Yay <3

Which blazblue do you have? I only have the 1st one, planning to get the latest one along with ah3.

...... Just need Internet lol

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I forgot to get off work so either I pull a ****ie or I miraculously get a day off during the weekend, which has never happened before.

Lol ****ie wth, stupid autocorrect.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
toki, if i drag my *** to gold coast and don't get to see you i'll be very sad =[

what sort of hours do you work? and where do you work? obv answer is i drop by and bail you out ;)

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I'll most likely pull a sickie anyway <3
It's crazily hot these days so I can just say I'm getting a heatstroke or something.

I usually work 10am ~ 6pm at Movie World

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I get back from Sydney on the 19th. Someone should house me for a few days so I don't have to go back home lol

Top Bottom