• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Qld Gold Coast Presents: TNT Totally Not a Tournament

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Qld Gold Coast Presents:

TNT
Totally Not a Tournament

Okay, due to lack of tournaments I have decided that once again it is time for another Gold Coast Tourny! I hope that everyone can attend and have one of the final Melee tournaments before the long awaited Brawl.

Venue: Helensvale Community Centre

Date: September 1st

Money Stuff:
ENTRY COSTS -
Singles ($10 per person)
Doubles ($10 per person)

POT DISTRIBUTION -
Singles (1st = 60%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 10%)
Doubles (1st = 60%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 10%)

Rules:

Seeding is as follows:

1. Scrubs
2. Syke
3. King Kong
4. Accelerate
5. Tristan
6. GTR
7. Vyse
8. Radiance
9. K-0S
9. Seig
11. Yokai
12. Gosu
13. NG7
14. Sirias
15. Moose
16. Rune

1. The Singles and 2v2 Brackets will be Double Elimination.
2. The Losers Bracket will have mixed placement to avoid players being eliminated by the same opponent that beat them in the Winner's Bracket.
3. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).
4. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
5. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
6. Items will be turned off.

Stages & Character Select

1. The first round stage is selected by random, but if both players (teams) can agree on a stage then the first match can be played on any stage they agree upon except one from the banned list below.
2. Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Kirby 64, & Pokemon Stadium.
3. Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay, Poke Floats, and Yoshi's Island 64.
4. Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. "Dave's Stupid Rule" - no stage can be used twice in a single match(not everyone likes fd), whether by random select or by picking.
6. Knock-out - after initial characters have been selected and only before the first match is played, each person may knock off one stage from the available tournament stages. That stage will be turned off for the entire set.
7. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.
8. Double-Blind Pick - at the beginning of a match, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Special Team Rules

1. Team Attack ON
2. Life stealing allowed
3. During teams (2vs2) Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned due to match disrupting lag.
4. The higher seeded team gets priority pick of controller ports, team colour and seating.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format

1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a coin flip will determine the winner of the port. The loser may then choose whichever seat he wants.
2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. Once a player has placed their coin on a character's image to select it, they may not change characters
3. Once characters have been selected the highest player in the highest controller port position may press start to go to the level select screen. Once on the level select screen, each player may choose their stages to knock-out (see Stages & Character Select rule #6) and then either agree on a stage together or select a stage at random. Any arguing over stages will be interrupted by the judges and random stage select will be used.
4. Players play their first match.
5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge.

Crew Battle Rules:
1. Both teams start with same amount of stock.
2. Each team must write down each participating players name as well as their assigned character. Players are not allowed to change characters once they are written down.
3. Stage counterpicking is allowed.
4. In case of a tie and sudden death will be played on final destination.
5. No other games to be played during the crew battle.
6. At the beginning of matches, both players must wait for any and all invincibility frames to wear off.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Ben isn't even here, the seeds are wrong, having it at helensvale is asking for disaster cause ben cant do transportation for josh etc, Daves stupid rule has been changed as well. Great start.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Doesn't sound like it's going off to a good start.
Change the place, perhaps?
I shouldn't even be on the rankings. D:

And I see your signature, Ryan, hahahah!

Anyway, we'll see if I can make it. It's miles away, though.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
No.1 I asked for the seeds no one knew. i got them from the most recent tournament i could find
No.2 Its alot easier to criticise just because its not you, you feel the need to put it down before it even started try helping for once.
No.3 Daves stupid rule will stay the same as this is a gold coast tourney not a OMG IM SYKE I LIKE BOIS Tourney

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Well sorry for trying syke. I guess because you arnt organizing it we are bound to fail. Why should you rely on ben for transport? The only one who should be able to rely on ben for transport are people not old enough to have a P plate licence. Now who cares about daves stupid rule....Its stupid......

I am glad to see that someone has tried to organize something but equally pissed off when some moron does nothing but try to shoot down his effort

When you say its at the pcyc to we go "WAH WAH WAH i cant catch a train to brisbane WAH WAH WAH" No we catch a train besides the helensvale community center is a 5 min walk from helensvale train station and because it isnt brisbane no one is going to try and steal your stuff at the station.

Plus i dont think we are that big of a community for seeding anyway

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ben isn't the world. If Josh can't make it then that's that. He could find some other way if he really wanted to attend, maybe I could lend him some money, yes, because I have little bit of spare cash.

The seeds can be changed. Again, not the end of the world.

I don't know what Dave's rule is, but I just asked and supposedly it's the rule where you aren't allowed to use the same stage in sets?
What has it changed to? And how much of a difference is the change?

If you're so: "Omg you suck." About Ryan doing one then set one up yourself.
Anyway, for now, who 'can' come, though?
I could.
Unless I spend all my money before the tournament...
Which is highly possible. D:

Yokai

Smash Ace
Guys.... I wish it was a sunday... seriously, work is gay.

MAKE IT A ****ING SUNDAY.

oh well, no one cares bout the wookie anyway:(

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Anyone with any transport questions or request then ask me.

This should be a piece of cake, at least compared to previous tournies.
Just catch the train to Helensvale, hell you can walk from the station, but i'll happily pick anyone up as well.

Coming from the North and don't have access to a train?
Catch the Bus to Browns Plains Grand Plaza and I'll take you from there, just let me know beforehand ;)

Looking forward to this one guys, see ya all there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Flights from Melbourne to the Gold Coast at that time aren't great ($300-ish) but otherwise i would come if it got cheaper or the tournament promised a decent pot etc.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll try to get to it. Although school is taking priority at the moment.

Ryan, I suggest pushing the date onto a public holiday around that time (Gold Coast Show on the 31st of August is a public holiday)

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Cao: Id love you to come. hopefully the alot of people come and the airfares get cheaper =P Id host you too =D

Antho: I think the room is open for an extra 2 hours weekdays. Whether they are open of public holidays will be the deciding factor. Friday seems like a good day for all though.

As soon as we can start confirming numbers, more will be decided.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Dont mean to spoil the party, but the gold coast show is only a public holiday for the GOLD COAST... seriously, think guys...think.

IMO, wait till the holidays, or have it on a sunday so i could come.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hahahah. DDR day!
Let me check the date now, anyway.
Saturday.
Most likely not doing anything that day.

Zac we should find a good DDR machine before having a DDR day.
Movie and Replay ones sucks.
D: And I need to eat before going this time, I don't really feel like falling over and dying like last time. Lmao.

I wanna have one more game of Smash (or like, however many at the tourny). D:
Depends on how many people are going, though.
And I'm not backing Zac up, I just like DDR more than Smash, lol.
Not saying that I'm for sure going to not go to the tourny and go DDR.

I'm sick off my face now anyway.
D: So I shouldn't be up posting, I should be in bed being boring and trying to sleep.
YAY!

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Wow hot ben lols.
When are you back anyways?

Ok the date is 1st of september due to the most amount of people able to come on this day. I was just talking to Jaz and he wants to come to it too. So K-0S and Moose will have to treat him to another hilarious crew video. All thats left is for me to book it and were done.

I want to get a comfirmed list so that i can arrange accordingly for room size, time etc. So if you can pm me, let me know here or talk to me on msn that would be great.

Laters

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Juggie and Zac, You are truly A$sholes. I can not wait till you try and hold a tourney, then youll see.

So far confirmed i have:
Moose
Vyse
Sieg
Rad
Tris
K-OS
DJ
Kas
and me.

Anyone else is welcome.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Pretty sure CoA, C2 and the Sydney one were more successful.

And I can't make it cause I've got tests and assignments due that week. Pretty sure thats valid.

Yokai

Smash Ace
WTF, no love for the wookie??

you make me a saaaad panda.

guys...seriously wait till the holidays.

Sirias

Smash Champion
D: I should be able to make it, ya. Dunno if I'll be PARTICIPATING in the tournament, though, we'll see.
I don't like tournaments anyway, as you should ALL know by now.

Indro DDR one is getting destroyed now, you know. All those FAT people who don't get ANY skinnier are playing on it these days, so it's pretty stuffed.
Plus, remember when we did it? Fawkin 10% faster, hahaha, so gay-hey.

I don't know if anything's happening that week, though, so we'll have to see.
I have exams this week, so I don't think anything major will be due by the end of this month/beginning of next month. More than likely... not.
We shall see.
For the time being I can make it. : D Just 'cause I haven't seen you guys in so long. <3

Good luck with your assignments and stuff, Andy.
Who's gonna be recording videos, if there will be any? D:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Refrain from being a**holes and everyone gets along.

I'll come to this and CoK
(CoK omg...)

I think everyone will come to Syke's though. (Out of staters)

King Kong

Smash Lord
I'll come! Always happy to go down to the coast. As if I cant just catch a train down.

Small tourneys are good anyways.

Mind if i do the brackets for this one accel? Just for old times sake? Its been ages since i've run a tourney...... SQUAT 2 or 3 i think.

Who wants to team with me?

Cant wait to implement some Shaz training :)

peace out

Top Bottom