• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Unilan? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I'm gonna try get this venue out for 8 hours instead of 6. I'll get Kas to give them some BJ's if I have to.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just sent this off to the manager of the Helensvale Community Center.

Hello Maree,

This is Anthony Smith, a previous hirer of your facilities at the community centre (Although not for some time now).
You may recall us using the facilities a few times over the years for video game competitions, the last being booked under the event title 'Queensland Brawl Buddies'.

I'm looking to book a room for either the 7th or 8th of August, or the closest weekend date after that weekend (I'm sure I need to book far more in advance to get what I want). I don't foresee a need for a large room, in fact, one of the smaller rooms in the community center would be ideal, or at the very least nothing larger than the North Hall.

Could I please have a list of:

1. Room Dimensions
2. Their hire fees
3. Availability

I would like to hire a room for 8-10 hours (preferably 10), but it comes down to the cost. In the past we've been able to secure a discounted rate through the community centre for hiring the whole day, so if that possibility is there I'd like to know too (although it will probably be unnecessary).

Thank you for your time Maree,

Kind regards,

Anthony Smith
[Insert Contact Details Here]
I also edited the front page a little.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
desktop support basics/data entry, pruddy easy stuff atm. 2 months temp but can move up etc.
Mad as.
This is what the support part will be like:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Q4G0L_m-f4&amp;hl=en_GB&autoplay=0&start=04&amp;fs=1?color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Q4G0L_m-f4&amp;hl=en_GB&autoplay=0&start=04&amp;fs=1?color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hello zac?

Cawk

Uhhh yeah i need this put in the system

Noooiiiice
You got a promotion.

Yeahuuuzzz

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
i actually got in trouble, lady thought her comp was dead.. keyboard usb had come loose. said under my breath "omg u dumb *4 letter word for vag*"... lol. But I got to pull out the famous qoute "hello?" "yes how can i help blah" "my pc is frozen and wont turn off" "did u unplug it and plug it back in?" I enjoyed it <3 also my semi boss was like "hi im jake how r u" "Blazing with Power thanks"... TEAM DRAGONFORCE!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm not really liking the Helensvale community centre as a venue at the moment. It's just too expensive/availability sucks.

I have attached an activity sheet for your records. You will see that there are very few rooms available for all day hire at the weekend. Church use the North Meeting Room every Sunday until 11.30am. Could you use the room after that?

ROOM SIZES:

NORTH MEETING ROOM 9m x 4m DAILY HIRE: $275.00 (Saturday only)

NORTH MAIN HALL 18m x 10m DAILY HIRE: Never available

SOUTH MEETING ROOM 10m x 6m DAILY HIRE: Never available

SOUTH MAIN HALL 22m x 15m DAILY HIRE: $500.00

DATES AVAILABLE:

4 September – South Main Hall

11 September – North Meeting Room

25 September – South Main Hall

2 October – South Main Hall

9 October – North Meeting Room and South Main Hall

30 October – North Meeting Room

13 November – North Meeting Room

FACILITIES:

All rooms have ceiling fans, air conditioning, white board, data projector, sound system and microphone.

North Meeting Room has no kitchen access (You have used this room in the past)

South Main Hall has full kitchen access (Daily hire for weddings, etc is $600.00 – reduced rate has been applied for your group)
We could have the northern meeting room from 12pm to 12am if we wanted.
But I'd need to make sure we were getting our money's worth, and with the dimensions of that room taken into account, I'm not sure we would be.

Might be time to try elsewhere.

EDIT:

Just throwing a few leads here to investigate later perhaps.

http://www.brisbaneindoorsports.com.au/socialevents.html
http://www.fmd.qut.edu.au/campus_services/facilities_hire/room_hire.jsp

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i looked up logan entertainment centre.
it was for a whole day 200$ fits 30 people
400$ for 60 people (its double that space)
dont know how many power inputs there are.
dont know if its good or not.. i am guess its fail.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone able to build a portable stadium like structure?

I can contribute to costs. approx. 15c Aus and 10c US

PLZ RPLY

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Vyse should just buy some huge castle where they have one of those lion statue in their swimming pool so we could all go there or something....... <3

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Jagara is a train + bus trip isn't it?

I came up last time with ben, I just know it was hilarious to find a park.

Edit: Vyse, were the halls always that expensive?

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Big 'scuse if this is out of place.

Is anyone doing anything smash related this weekend? I really want to get my melee on.

I require intense Doc training.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I wanna playyy...................... Melty Blood. c:
No, wait, no.
I wanna play A GAME, but I don't know what.
I wanna play games drunk.
Like, off my face drunk.
And record it + talking, yaya. :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I do have a camera + tripod.

Also Helensvale may be a viable venue again. I dropped in to talk to the center manager and worked out a deal that could get us Sunday 12pm - 12am for $200. It's only a 9 x 4 metre room, but has air con, projector etc.

I think for the size of our regulars it might actually be alright. And availability is almost guaranteed for that time frame.

Saturdays are always taken though. Sadly.

EDIT: Can also get Fridays from 3pm to 9pm I think for $120 (Or was it til 12pm? I can't remember).

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I found a new console lounge like at robina only better, its in elizabeth st about 2 mins walk from timezone. Opened this week. $4 p/h or $10 for 4hrs pp. Giant godly bean bag couches, I talked to the guy who owns it (no one else was in ther lol) and he'd be interested in giving us prizes and discounts if we have monthlies ther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom