• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Q] Ftilt & Fsmash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComradeSnake

Smash Cadet
First off, I have been lurking on the boards for about two months now and this is my first time posting. (HI!)

I started playing brawl about 3 months ago when I moved in to my college dorm, which has a house wii with brawl. My only previous experience was being an adept SSB player and playing SSBM 4 times a year with my cousins. At this moment I am a very good bad player. By that I mean that I know and can recognize all the moves, know about DI, am adept at perfect shielding, can grenade strip easily and accurately, and can DACUS (aka snake-dashing) albeit unreliably (80% during friendlies but 25% during tournament).

Despite being able to do so many things I have an embarrassing problem. I cannot ftilt on command. About 10% to 15% of the time I end up with a fsmash which can end up costing me. So my question is: is there an easy method to avoid the fsmash when attempting to ftilt?

Thank you for any help that might be forthcoming.

-Comrade

Ask this at the FAQs next time

Just softly push the analog at the front/back of Snake then click A

elegost890

Smash Rookie
This might have been best placed in the Q&A thread, but if you want to know there is no "safe" way to do the f-tilt. The reason you are doing a f-smash is because you are hitting the analog stick all the way over and then pressing A. The way to do a f-tilt is to hit the analog stick only about halfway over then press A.
That should get you a f-tilt.

^^Sorry berserker didn't see your post.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
What everyone else said. If you're doing fsmash instead of ftilt, you're flicking the control stick too hard.

And yes, this really belongs in the Q&A.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I agree. I'd be more than willing to do it, if only just to clean up the Snake boards a bit. No disrespect to Panda, but he seems too busy with school right now.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Panda isn't active enough, we still need a Mod just so someone can be here to moderate and infract ppl when neccesary.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
practice ftilting by doing it out of a walk, should help you get a feel for the distance it requires

*nobody else post here*

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
practice ftilting by doing it out of a walk, should help you get a feel for the distance it requires

*nobody else post here*
no if you do that youd think you have to walk to ftilt, id say practice utilt with tap jump on, when you get that you can do ftilt very easy, same with doing dtilt w/o crouching, saves you 3 frames on it.

Now if you was a Mod Syx you could have infracted me for posting this, but your not so I can do it and get away with it.

And thats why we need mods.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

*nobody else post here*
First of all I had this same problem when I use to be a newbie to Brawl, I couldn't use a tilt on command. ( I was a NUB about 9 months ago, that's when I first started to play competitively)
And......to this problem....ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS PRACTICE IS WORTH A LOT. :)
Do what Heretic said. Just jump into training mode and do it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom