• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q/A -The -How to wreck *****es with Ganon - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i think odin wants that bowser advice too haha bowser and mewtwo? strugglin with the low tiers i see XD

just playin mate haha
thanks for the sig odin its really tight, i realize this isn't the place to say that but whatev XD

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
i think odin wants that bowser advice too haha bowser and mewtwo? strugglin with the low tiers i see XD

just playin mate haha
thanks for the sig odin its really tight, i realize this isn't the place to say that but whatev XD
You're welcome dude. :) Glad you like it. ^_^
[/off-topic]

I could use a little advice vs. Bowser. ;) Mewtwo is the low tier that's giving me problems (and my girl friend((Elana))'s Zelda, but she just kicks my *** O_O). I'm really the only person in the group to play Bowser and Ganondorf. My only problems right now really, are Falco, Marth(ish), and now Mewtwo.

((I'm beginning to hate this computer here @work. It keeps censoring stuff... like girl friend, unless I space the word out... >_>))

chaddd

Smash Lord
Out of your grab you can CG sheik to around 85% then which it is best to finish off with a f-smash if they DI forwards, u-smash if up, and f-smash if they di back. ALWAYS finish sheik, you want to dispose of the ***** as quickly as possible because if she gets back to the stage and gets that grab on you thats a stock. On platform levels you can do as you choose before sheik techs on the platform, some options are waveland(what I do) and grab sheik as the techs, or fair/uair techase her from below. Slow full jump and double jumps are great for making sheik aprroach. To do this full jump or double jump and DO NOT fast fall, this makes the opponent nervous when your above them for such a long time, instead of fairing as they sheild just run up and grab! Trust me it works somehow!

1. It doesn't hurt to Wizard's Foot out of the chain grab depending on the stage/location on the stage.

2. Not all sheiks will fall for the mind game of wasting your double jump and then landing/wavelanding for the grab. SpeedN, and Forward, and even Ken if I remember correctly(from my experiences in playing their shieks) tend to pressure Ganon's slow move set with wavedash->grabs and a good use of her much faster move set. They also have a serious advantage on you if you try to double stomp and they catch on. Since the Down-Air takes so long for the hitboxes to appear, a sheik can very easily up or forward air you out of any aerial they see fit.

The strongest game against sheik other than grabs is have a strong ground game. Crouch cancel those dash attacks, jabs in response to grabs, and like Tipman says, try not to look like a wavedashing rabbit by jumping too much. The ground game is still half the game.

TheHiveMind

Smash Cadet
Hey, lingiuni, thanks for your advice. But the thing is, my problem isn't so much atacking, it's defending. I can combo him like nothin, but then out of nowhere, 2 f-tilts and a fair and im done. I think I phrased my initial question badly. I have trouble counter attacking his dash attacks and avoiding combos. If he runs at me and dash attacks, I ussualy try to shuffle a fair right over his attack, with limited success. Is there a better way to do this? And those f-tilts, those are a pain too. Even if I sheild it he keeps repeating the attack because of its low startup and end lag time, and I end up rolling backwards or behind him, at which time im punished by either his dash attack or more tilts. As you can see I've got a real problem with this, and I'd try anything to get rid of this issue. The thing is, he's very predictable, but I still cant do **** against him at times. are there any tactics that can make this easier? And if I'm making absolutel no sense I'll try to explain it better. Thanks

Linguini

Smash Master
Hey, lingiuni, thanks for your advice. But the thing is, my problem isn't so much atacking, it's defending. I can combo him like nothin, but then out of nowhere, 2 f-tilts and a fair and im done. I think I phrased my initial question badly. I have trouble counter attacking his dash attacks and avoiding combos. If he runs at me and dash attacks, I ussualy try to shuffle a fair right over his attack, with limited success. Is there a better way to do this? And those f-tilts, those are a pain too. Even if I sheild it he keeps repeating the attack because of its low startup and end lag time, and I end up rolling backwards or behind him, at which time im punished by either his dash attack or more tilts. As you can see I've got a real problem with this, and I'd try anything to get rid of this issue. The thing is, he's very predictable, but I still cant do **** against him at times. are there any tactics that can make this easier? And if I'm making absolutel no sense I'll try to explain it better. Thanks
Remember, sometimes using your shield purposley to grab him when he dash attack's you can be useful. Sheik's dash attack cannot be grabbed in the beginning by ganon so wait till the attack winds down, then grab. To deal with tilt's as chaddd said, CC them and d-tilt, from the dtilt,grab or anything you choose. Instead of shuffling a fair, do the full jump dair, this should work against the sheik your playing since you say hes predictable. When he f-tilts into your sheild grab that ****, theres should be no reason you get pressured into rolling. Make sure you grab in between the tilt so you dont get hit.
Chad, if you spam it obviously the player(if he's smart) will catch on but one of the most important aspects of ganons game if you want to win with him ,is always have a wide array of options for situations. You dont necessarily have to do as I said, but there's tons of options that come from this tactic and can make you even more unpredictable.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I've found that the biggest key to Ganon when fighting the spacies and Marth in particular is to have great reflexes, so you can put the hits where they need to be before your opponents can move without having to rely too much on prediction. Do you guys do any reflex drills or anything like that? What moves do you do by reflex?

Linguini

Smash Master
truu, come down to fl dude! Ive heard doodah's hosting a huge oos tournament in october so im expecting GaA to be there. I never got to ganon ditto you.My Question to you linguini: How the hell do you fight fox effectively?!?

At RoS4, my first big tournament, almost everyone played fox, falco and sheik.

I did okay against sheiks and falcos, won some and barely lost to some but i dont think i won a single fox. His speed is just too much for ganon. What are you gonna do if he lazer camps and waits for you to make a move and then he grabs you and uairs the **** out of you?

Or pressures your shield with nair to shine..ect

Also, when you are off the stage facing fox, you aint coming back. If you go low-shine. if you go high-Bair.

Im really screwed against fox
Sorry about the delay dude,ah this matchup is commonly one of the most frustrating for ganons. I know how you feel I used to struggle in this one too.

Fox-Basically we know this guy is fast, he has more options than ganon does in the matchup and can easily make your life hell if you dont know how to get around his camping.
Dont let this intimidate you, you can still kill him in 3 hits and remember. FOX HAS TO COME TO YOU. I took these words straight from Tipmans mouth, sure he can try to camp all day but as I said he is forced to approach like the little ***** he is. I know the difference between a good, and a high level fox such as pc, chillin, m2k, and speedn who I have all played and learned much about the matchup from, so this apply's to all fox's.

When the fox is laser camping and just waiting for you to make a move dont get frustrated,have patience, attempt to lure him in with a false notion that he is going to hit you for example f-tilt followed by aerials or jabs, double aerials(bair to bair, dair to fair, etc.). Also a trick that most fox's fall for is, do an aerial as they are camping ,and from the aerial, jump, fastfall and a waveland into an f-tilt or another aerial. This approach works really well and expands your options immensley since you can do anything from the waveland. The fox will prob. get confused why you got there so fast(since ganon is sooo slow) and will panic.

Dashdance and wavedash around in this matchup to increase pressure on the fox and to not make yourslef a sitting target.Try to make the fox think he's going to grab you and trick him into approaching. When you get grabbed the uairs can own you if your not prepared to DI, smash di that **** right away and get into the habit, because the second uair is usually much easier to get so you dont want to risk the first one. Other than that, when I get uthrowed I mash the c-stick up as fast as I can and you usually hit fox with the front or back of the uair. If fox uairs you once and your in the sky and falling down it can be a pain to get back to the safe ground, get there as quick as you can and save your jump for when the fox jumps up and uairs so you can jump fast and stomp him back down. ;) This is pretty satisfying.

Fox's shine can be grabbed just like falco's but is a bit harder, if you think you know the timing for it, grab when hes pressuring your sheied. If you dont I suggest to either shffl a spaced stomp out of your shield or roll away(just dont be too predictable with your rolling).
As you kow never waste your grabs a techase either by shffling or full jump over them as they tech and choose your aerial. At high percents I prefer to up throw to wizards foot or bair/fair. I used to f- tilt but its not very reliable unless the fox is above 120%.

As for recovering dont let youself get newb spiked by up-bing immediatley if shined off the stage. Dont sweetspot the ledge too much because it makes the shine way too easy.The bair.....PC chris spammed this incredibley well and its one of the best edgeguards against ganon so I recommend,as escaping the shine too, to di in awkward ways as your are recovering in your up-b. When its looking tough to get back and your coming from under it's good to reverse up-b to grab the ledge so the bair wont hit you. This is unexpected if not spammed. Most important of all, dont get close to the stage or get predictable with your down-b's, because this is a free shine/ edgeguard.
Ill be adding more and more ot this everyday since the matchup is maddd deep. Hope this helps storm.
And keep asking questions! Im here to help mah ganon peepz.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you have to work on your "block-o-text" type posts... make paragraphs or seperate it out SOMEHOW its really hard to read it when its posted like that XD

MUCH BETTA n_n

Linguini

Smash Master
What's a kirby?

Thanks for the help Gimpy.Im in the midst of writing a ganon vs. marth guide, so I can conclude the High/Top tiers.

Scrotum Warrior

Smash Cadet
Oh Lord linguini how do u fight marth? Thank you for your time Lord linguini for I am not worthy of your presence.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Linguini, thank you for this thread. I'm pretty sure I speak for the entire Ganon community there lol. If you don't mind, I'd like to add some things to what you've said, specifically about Ganon vs Doc but even more so Ganon vs Samus (I have had so much practice with this, I really think it's my best match).

Ganon vs Doc: Just some quick tid bits. Short hop up airs ****. Srsly, use them as approach, not even kidding. The Doc will prly be trying to shffl sex kicks at you or short hopping pills. Uair goes thru pills and is faster than the sex kick, so either way it will **** the Doc. Don't get too carried away tho, good players will work around it. Also, don't let him get under you. Don't waste your jumps and get too high up, his uair also ***** you lol. Oh, and edgeguarding with a down angled ftilt is pretty effective too, try it.

Ganon vs Samus: Okay, the number one most important thing: GET HER IN THE AIR! Rly, uairs are the best thing in the world. If she stays on the ground and just spams tilts/jabs (cough, HugS, cough) it's a lot harder. Linguini's advice on dealing with spam is excellent and spot on. In fact, a spamming Samus is your friend because frequently they may underrate Ganon's speed and leave themselves open. Fair right thru the missiles and hit her. Speaking of fair, spam it. Space it well. There is almost nothing she can do if you keep her where you want her. Once she's in tho, it sucks. Be warned tho, her fair is quicker than yours, she could just jump one into you. For edgeguarding, a sweet spotting Samus is annoying and very difficult to hit with a reverse uair. Something I'm working on his simply running off and past the ledge with a bair. Not sure how safe or effective it is tho, just an idea. Linguini is quite right tho, if she recovers too high (even stage level is too high) with bomb jumps, you can just jump out and fair her, it will prly hit too.

To end things, GET HER IN THE AIR! Spam that uair, bend her over, have your way with her. GG

PS Chaddd that is the best sig ever. *end off topicness*

Linguini

Smash Master
Oh Lord linguini how do u fight marth? Thank you for your time Lord linguini for I am not worthy of your presence.
You shall see Scrotum warrior, you will never be worthy of my presence lambchops. *oops*.
It's codes I swear chad! .....lol

Yeah, that additional info. on doc/samus looks pretty accurate to me, thanks.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for finally writing something on fox =)

An idea i thought of: When you are done writing for all the characters, I think it would be a good idea to just change the name of this thread into "Ganon´s detailed Matchups" and post all the matchups in the first post since tipmans matchup guide is rather shallow and doesnt help much. You could also put in counterpick stages and stuff.

Linguini

Smash Master
It's a good idea but this is a matchup help thread and a Q/A for anything in general with ganon. But I will add the matchups in the first post soon. lol that fox guide took me a long *** time to write, I like writiing though so it's cool.

Scrotum Warrior

Smash Cadet
Oh lord linguini i know I am not worthy of your presence but can you post on my meaningless thread and make it meaningful with your greatness?

I am not worthy.....

ganon543

Smash Cadet
Wow! All the matchups are up, time to get reading...........
took a while but that was some useful stuff! thanks

Scrotum Warrior

Smash Cadet
Man, okay. So, other than your screen names of choice, why do you keep getting banned, Chops? You're like Doodah with a new boards name every few days.

BTW WHATS UP CHOPS SICK LASERS WTF.
I dont know! they ban me for no reason! Mods are just gay and enjoy banning me.

btw My screen name is genious.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I dont know! they ban me for no reason! Mods are just gay and enjoy banning me.

btw My screen name is genious.
Haha. Hell yeah. You have seriously the most insane screen names. I liked JUST A PIECE OF MEAT!!, though. You need more references to Lambchops. I think a bunch of people don't know you're still on the boards. lol.

EDIT: And jesus christ you are a c0cksmoker, mcscruff. Get off these guys' nuts before they die of embarrassment.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
tsk tsk tsk dont be badmouthing the mods i could warn you for disrespecting forum leaders you know LOL

anyways... i meant to stick this long ago, so sticky get!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom