• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pyra/Mythra's Costumes

Gleam

Smash Ace
So if you've been watching the stream with Sakurai you've finally gotten to see the alts and it's kind of surprising.

Pneuma isn't surprising at all, having that as an alt was almost expected. Another one to be expected was, IIRC, Mythra's representation of Nia.

But it's kind of amazing the lack of direct references to the other characters. Ironically we still do get that reference to Pyra's hoodie, but unfortunately we don't get the actual hoodie. Not as many references to the game as I was expecting, though I certainly appreciate the color swap between Pyra and Mythra. However Sakurai or the translation seems to have made a mistake with the P5 alt.

They seemed to have mistranslated "Weltall" as "Villainous Colors"

Eh you make mistakes. :)

amageish

Smash Master
And after all that, half of the costumes aren't even references lol.

He also continued to flex his dev mode powers by having default vs default throughout the presentation and, frankly, I am jealous....

And we... sort of got a Disguised Pyra alt, I suppose.

Gleam

Smash Ace
I feel like they really dropped the ball with not giving us our Pyra Hoodie, especially when they couldn't even bother to get a majority of references in the rest of the alt. I mean give Pyra her usual hoodie, make a yellow one for Mythra and not only would you have a Mythra Hoodie but it could also act as a reference to Nia as Sakurai wanted.

Come on, you won't even let us have our swimsuit girls cause our fragile minds can't handle them bare legs, you could have at least given us our hoodie in compensation.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, I like how Sakurai & the team didn't limited themselves to only making references with their Alts. Most of the originals REALLY click with me.

Last edited:

Eeeyah911

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArkGod123
Switch FC
SW-6879-3932-9767
The colors of Pyra/Mythra (in my opinion) feel a little off to me.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hmmm I'm pretty sure that's not it. Mythra in colour #6 is a reference to the trinity processor in Xenoblade 2. You can even see all 3 colours there on the core purple, green, and red. Pyra is a reference to the omnigear of Fei for sure, imo.

Also I assume people in this thread have now accepted the references aren't all from XB2? Good because the Weltall outfit is a super nice touch.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Or how about we take them as the literal director of the game described them? Also, does copyright matter or not? How can someone say it doesn't matter and they're all the same series one day, and then another day say that they didn't name drop them for copyright reasons? If they have the ability to somehow link them all together canonically, what's a name drop?

As it stands, it was not confirmed. If you want to believe that's what it is, fine, but the director went over it and gave a different description.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Luxin's at it again~

https://youtu.be/Xjsa53OqQu8

Relevant to this thread as its a bit of a deep dive on possible/likely references with Pyra and Mythra's alt costumes in Smash.

If you don't know the channel that created this vid... this guy basically famously rambles about xenoblade stuff. Often interesting rambling, imo.
About Xeno stuff in general yeah. Having just watched the video I am glad to see he agrees with the references I found.

Top Bottom