• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Putting the "Tri" Back in "Triforce"

K

kirbykirbykirby

Yeah, there not from Mega-Man but they are giving us clues to the characters.

A

Animal 214

ight sheiks in fosho seprate charachter ganon will be in one of the best villians of all time video game history wats wrong with game and watch nd jiggly puff pichu i agree ice climbers r a deadly combo that is if u can d sync nd perfect them dr. mario great charachter 2 falco i love falco his combos r so fun i hope he makes his moves diffrent noticed ny1 how none of the clones been announced yet i bet they all have an entirely new move set i cnt wait 2 c falcos nd ganons wish me luck at my smash tourney tomarrow

K

kirbykirbykirby

Falco: Good character needs new moves.
Game&Watch: Good character needs graphical improvements.
Dr. Mario: Way to clone-like. NEW MOVES.
Ganon: Will become a swodsman, moves from Twilight Princess.

E

EvilToad01

Sakurai already said that he only put Dr. Mario in Melee so he could use the Dr. Mario theme. I am 90% sure that Doc won’t be in Brawl.

K

kirbykirbykirby

What a dumb reason!

I want Krystal, Wolf, Bomberman, Mega-Man, Tom Nook, Ridely, King DeDeDe, Lucario, Sonic, Sora ( I wish), Geno, Boshi, Ganon, Zant, and King Boo.

I know that they can’t posibly be in the game……

H

homelessvagrant

So zelda loses her ability to transform into sheik by wearing a dress from a different game? Zelda is still zelda and she’s still has her same abilities whether she looks different from one game to another.

H

homelessvagrant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMKRmBi8L0w

I want any and everyone to check this. It might be just speculation but it reaaly gets you to think.

Enjoy.

U

UndrDog

I initially saw “King Bowser” in the sky, however I think the rest are merely people’s over-hyped imagination.

Oh and if going by the “Tetraforce Theory”, Zelda is Zelda is Zelda. No matter what game she is the same being in the same was Ganon is. As Link and Ganondorf are separate people from different times.

However that’s stepping over the line a bit too far I believe. ^_^

K

kirbykirbykirby

On the far left I saw gannondorf…….

You raise a good point she should still be able to transform and Wind Waker Link should be in it he would be a non-clone version of kid Link. I just thought of something under the section that describes final smashes they are described as powerful personalized hammer(or not). It’s almost like they were speaking of the Skull hammer or King DeDeDe’s hammer, there both in the game!

Well that was my thought though it was a bit far-fetched.

E

EvilToad01

It’s not just “a different dress.” It’s a different Zelda. Link, Zelda, and Ganon are constantly being reincarnated. That’s kind of what the Legend is in the Legend of Zelda.

I think Zelda’s new down-B should be some form of that triangle floor attack she did during the final boss of Twilight Princess.

A

Animal 214

thank u kirbykirbykirby i ended up coming in 1st in the tourney!!!

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I would hope the possible return of Gannondorf would equal a completely new moveset.

I also hope the only characters that are to be taken out are Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Marth and/or just Roy, and Dr. Mario. And then I want to see a replacement for Marth (if he’s taken out) from a newer FE game, possibly a female character.

I fear for Jigglypuff and Mr. Game and Watch being taken out… and I don’t care either way if Falco is in or not. I also think Ness might get taken out, but get replaced by Lucas from Mother 3 .

I hope that Kumatora, Flint, and/or Duster is added alongside Lucas. And I don’t care what other characters make it in as long as they aren’t Shadow the Hedgehog, Petey Piranah, Tetris Block, WW Link or any other variation of a character that already exists, and a majority of the Pokemon other than Blaziken, that one blue fighting dog thing that people like for some reason, and some other cool/agile pokemon.

Well, I think that’s the first time I’ve actally put a list of characters I want/don’t want to see in Brawl.

Going back on topic. I’d be happy to see Sheik return. But at the same time in fear of my friend because he will have both his main and secondary character in Brawl (Peach and Sheik), while I have none (I use Ness and Jigglypuff), although I’m thinking about picking up Pit, I hope he’s awesome.

K

kirbykirbykirby

Ness is in the game. He has been in it since the original.

Good job Animal!

K

kirbykirbykirby

As anyone could tell I use Kirby as my main.

I would like Sheik and
Gannondorf in the geme(more powers for Kirby)
I wanna see the Pit, Snake, and Ike forms of Kirby. Meta-Kirby would look too much like
Meta-Knight.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shiek is definitely in Brawl. GI isn’t lying to us, being the biggest gaming magazine in the world. I think she’s either a playable character [most likely], or a AT. Either way I see her having a trophy.

G’dorf was all but confirmed before, and this just further proves it.

And do I smell WW Link hate. Time for me to prove his worth in Brawl:

1.Out of all 14 Zelda games, Phantom Hourglass was the 3rd best selling one in it’s first two weeks in Japan, behind only Ocarina of Time, and Majora’s Mask. OOT sold 8 million units, and after that MM flopped to some degree [compared to OOT], selling 4 million units. Phantom Hourglass unlike MM has gotten no negative reviews. So I assmue it will sell 6 or 7 million units. Combined with WW sales, that’s about 9-10 million units. More units sold than most of the series repped in Smash.

2.He could be a clone, Luigified clone, or original character.

3.His swordplay/style is completely unlike any other Link in the entire series. All the Links basically have the same swordstyle, with the exception of WW Link. His normal slashes are completely diffrent from any other Link, and his over style of fighting is completely original, minus some of the signature moves in the series.

4.He’s basically the new OOT/MM Link. There’s only been 3 other Zelda games to get sequals, and most weren’t as publically appreciated as their original [Zelda II is hated, MM isn’t as liked as OOT, and FS and FSA never sold well, or were liked too much]. In other words, it’s probably going to be as popular as the original.

5.Variation amongst a copy. It’s awsome having clones like Falco, G’dorf, Luigi, [Roy], and even Doc who compliment their original characters well. Nothing wrong with having clones like that, they make the game great in some ways originals can’t. I see WW Link being like that.

So ya, hopefully Shiek returns [let us pray Zelda and Shiek are seperate characters BTW], G’dorf returns [okay, he’s all but confirmed], and WW Link joins the SSBB cast! :)

K

kirbykirbykirby

WW Link would have a completely original moveset.

He has items not in other games:
Wind Waker
Grappling Hook
Skull Hammer
Deku Leaf

K

kirbykirbykirby

Plus his spin attack is crazy.
I think normal Link should get explosive arrowheads.

A

Animal 214

wow never thought of how his move set wouldbe so diffrent i 4got about alot of the items hed b good up b deku leaf for sure deff skull hammer o nd i think he should have alternating fire ice arrows something like that haha hed look funny ww link has a huge head not a bad idea i never considered it b4

H

homelessvagrant

Yes WW link has a nice shot of being in brawl. He acts like a unique character in his own right and has completely replace y. link in the newer zelda titles (or has anyone forgotten that WW link was depicted on the minish cap).

Eviltoad01: Yes the zelda franchise seems to change the characters stories around some and yes the attitudes of characters change but this means nothing. The games still revolve in the same storyline, the characters however just change (or develop) as the games change. Link is still link, capable of the same moves. However the character uses moves correspond to the title their in. Imagine link trying to use the oracle of seasons to face the problems in TP.

C

chaos-kirby

proof that sonic is in ssbb http://www.brawlsonic.ytmnd.com/

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL, I’ve brainwashed everyone in believing me! XD Welcome to the winning side all…he’d be a great YLink replacement/revamp btw. He’d be sorta both, though he’d probably he’d definitely have some YLink influences. My guess is that he’ll have a very unique fighting style to unleash that makes Link look with envy. BTW, check out the SWF WW Link[’s moves] thread for some pretty awsome movesets [I’ve got mine posted there]. ;)

and BTW, that Sonic thing is fake. I zoomed in, and it was a 3 sorta half cicly thingies, not Sonic’s head=the sign of the Sonic Team. Those 3 circlely things I’ve seen in Metroid Prime, as elevator controls [though I doubt the ones in the pic are elevator controls].

I’m not here to start rumors, but the enemies shown in the pics [the one where Fox does a kick] are from Megaman Battle Network 4 [I’ve played the game, and I’m telling you all about it]. I found that….to be strange; doesn’t confirm Megaman, just thought that was strange. ;)

R

ravenkikas

Lool i dont know why but that sheep snail thing allways remindsme of Nights creatures (i know its very diferent but i dont know.. it just reminds me) =| lol

K

kirbykirbykirby

WW Link Final Smash: Crazy Spin Attack- He spins for a short amount of time and you can control where he goes.

Megaman!

R

ravenkikas

Solid Snake Final smash: A Metal Gear falls from the sky smashes all the players, snake gets inside it and nukes the stage…. meanwhile we see liquid snake flying like team rocket and saying: Not yet snake… it’s not over yet!! (just like in hte ending of mg) Lool… i’m just joking of corse… =P

K

kirbykirbykirby

Ha! Funny!
Anyone have a Final Smash idea for Ness?

R

ravenkikas

not really , i would like to see some ideas too because i dont really know the earthbound game universe

E

EvilToad01

Ness could… not be in Brawl. Sakurai wanted to cut him from Melee.

K

Kinnikuman

Proof? I would like to see something saying that sakurai wanted to cut Ness?

M

METROID MAN

OMG!
OMG!
NOBODY TALKED ABOUT THIS!
!: WTF IS THAT THING SHOOTING FIRE AT SAMUS?
2: WTF ARE THOSE EYEBALL DISK THNGS WITH PIT?
3: WTF IS METAKNIGHT FIGHTING?, WINGED AND ARMORED BALL CHICKENS?

S

Sneaky 2.0

I should hope they keep Sheik. I just had the strangest feeling Sheik would be a cut character, however. O_o

E

EvilToad01

You can search around for it on Google, but I’m positive Sakurai said on the old Melee site that Ness was to be the only character not to return. He was to be replaced by a character from Mother 3, but when that game didn’t appear in time, they settled for the original.

I couldn’t find a great source, but I found it corroborated on several message boards and fansites.

M

Mario Fan Boy

It’s cool that Sheik might be a character. Her and Zamus have a lot in common.

K

Kinnikuman

I WANNA SEE SOME EVIDENCE!!!!! NOT JUST RUMOURS ON FORUMS!!!!!!

Top Bottom