• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Putting the "Tri" Back in "Triforce"

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
It looks like Peach isn’t the only character whose Brawl appearance may have been confirmed before Sakurai’s introduced them. A <a href="http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm">piece published online</a> by (fairly reputable) video game magazine Game Informer features an interview with <span id="NewsSubNav1_newsTitle">Eiji Aonuma, a developer who’s worked with Zelda games since The Ocarina of Time on the N64. What could an interview focused on Zelda on the DS reveal about Brawl?</span>
<blockquote><span id="bodyText"><span id="bodyText_PresentationModeControlsContainer_placeHolderHtml"><strong>GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?</strong></span></span>

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.</blockquote>
Things we can assume from this statement? Literally, we know that there were, at least, designs created for Sheik and Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl. You could say that it’s possible these characters were dropped later on, but it’s worth noting that Aonuma claims to have spent a lot of time with Sakurai on this game, and speaks in the present when he says “We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.” Sure sounds as if it’s an ongoing affair, or at least one that wasn’t dropped after a few concept sketches. Add his concern for “fitting into the environment” and it sounds as though these characters are receiving a bit more than mere trophy status, too.

So it looks like Zelda might retain her ability to transform into Sheik, and Ganondorf may very well be returning as a playable character for Brawl. As always, we won’t absolutely know for sure until Sakurai confirms it, but it sure sounds like there might be some truth in these particular rumors.

<span id="bodyText"><span id="bodyText_PresentationModeControlsContainer_placeHolderHtml"></span></span>

E

EvilToad01

I say Ganondorf’s almost a sure thing. They went through all that effort to make Link and Zelda appear in Twilight Princess form. Why wouldn’t they include Ganondorf, who looked just amazing in that game.

By the same token, I would say that the Zelda team appearing in Twilight Princess form rules out Sheik, who was a strictly Ocarina of Time character. We have Zero-Suit Samus. There’s your new Sheik.

R

Random_Guy_42

Sheik could just appear as a stand-alone character you know. But I still think she’ll be a transform. Smash Bros is not that great with continuity.

M

METROID MAN

maybe ganondorf will only appear as a story line boss

R

ravenkikas

Ganondorf was so badass in TP. He’s so awesome, i cant wait to see him with a new move set! The thing about sheik, i still hope Zelda will transform but as you said, Sheik was from Ocarina of time and i dont know if they gonna follow that.. but for example if they dont put sheik maybe zelda can “transform” into as she first appears in TP with that huge robe covering her body, and maybe have the same move set as sheik.. Bah who am i kidding i want sheik in the game, period! lool

U

UndrDog

Where Marth and Roy even in the same game? Yet they were from the same franchise. Add in the fact that Zelda did have a pretty decent move-set in TP coupled with the notion that she’s going to be left mostly unchanged from Melee and you’ve got some conflicting issues.

TP designs do not mean TP characters. I know it sounds weird but that appears to be the case this time around.

P

peytopolis

the way i see sakurai can put in anyone he wants to aslong as the people he’s putting in are ok to put in (nintendo wise)

o ya and i not trying to be rude i’m just sayin whats on my mind

plus i think that there should be a different costume for shiek the guy did say they made new design sketches afterall

E

EvilToad01

I’d be OK with Young Link if he was based off Wind Waker.

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
He could have more comical attacks, and items only from Wind Waker :D NO CLONES THIS TIME. And I really really hope they bring Ganondorf back, with his Twilight Princess design, it’s almost sure they’ll do but still…. I wonder tough why they say, they redesigned them… Zelda looks the same as in TP… And Link too… What redesigning was there? XD Oh well…. Ganondorf + New moveset + Sword = AWESOME :D

L

Lava

I was just going to comment that I’m hoping one of those Zelda characters Aonuma has been working on is WW Link, and then I saw the last ^^^ 3 comments. I love you guys, now where’s Johnknight1?

WW LINK IS TOTALLY IN!!! I will cry with happiness when he’s announced. (or from sadness, when he’s not in)

(Megaman too… those weird round things Pit is fighting are totally from MM! JK…)

S

smash4ever

NOT TINGLE,but sheik should be a solo fighter (than she can have her on final smash)

P

PRINCESS PEACH

well all melee charecters will be in smash brawl
i think

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
Oh please not o_O Kick out Dr Mario, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers and Game&amp; Watch PLZ. Falco……. well if it’s for putting Star Wolf instead :D Young Link if he’s in WW. And YEAH LAVA those thingies are totally from Megaman, Megaman should be in :D Oh the awesomenesss When someone dies he gets their power XD

M

METROID MAN

WE NEED……… ZORAS AS ASSIST TROPHIES!!!
UMM
OFF TOPIC, ( BUT THE ONLY WAY I CAN COMMUNICATE)
MR F LEON,
TELL ME YOUR WII FREIND CODE, TO THEN EXCHANGE STRIKER CODES!
MINE IS
5253 3966 7724 2510
ANYBODY ELSE, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!

K

kirbykirbykirby

Tingle can’t fight he is crazy
middlle-aged fairy wanna-be.

M

Mr fN LeOn

If megaman is in the game Zero has to be a assist hopefully

K

kirbykirbykirby

I actually think those things in that Pit picture actually are from Mega-Man.
I think that they are giving us clues to the new characters.

M

METROID MAN

THERE NOT FROM MEGA MAN!

Mr fN LeOn
HELLO?
WILL YOU ADD ME?

M

Mr fN LeOn

Fakkk I don’t rememba it but accept me wen I request u my wii name is antonio

K

kirbykirbykirby

I heard there is going to be a remake of Super Mario RPG for Wii

K

kirbykirbykirby

I never got a chance to play but my friend said it was one of the best mario games period.

M

Mr fN LeOn

Yea got screwattack.com Dey got a thingy 4 the top 10 mario games nd dat game was in it

Top Bottom