• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PuroresuGrande's New Roster Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Haven't seen a thread made on these boards about PuroresuGrande's supposed New Roster Details so here they are...

PuroresuGrande said:
DON'T ASK FOR MY SOURCE. You will not be disappointed...

There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
Six characters have been removed from the last game.
One of the "Original 12" has been removed.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=37447144

He posted this on the 12th of august on the gamefaqs message board, and his predictions turned out to be correct. The rest of the information seems very likely, i think im starting to become a believer.

At first i thought the character count seemed a bit low but 15 all new characters excluding transformations is more new characters than were added to either SSB64 or SSBM.

The six cuts would assumably be:
1. Doctor mario
2. Pichuu
3. Roy
4. Young Link or Falco (Hopefully Young Link)
5. G&W or Ice Climbers (taking one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee out)
6. Ness or Jigglypuff (Taking One of the "Original 12" out) If Ness was cut most believe he would be replaced by Lucas as originally planned for melee

That leaves 8 more newcomers that we dont know about yet.
Any more believers out there?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
This was in that other topic. He posted a fake roster for an old WWE game in the past.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I recentley witnessed another guy like this get busted. "Sora-insider" was sum guy posting BS on a different account. So im quite skeptical now. But i have to hold out hope that there is a REAL insider who will reveal himself soon.(though i doubt it)

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Well, the only "insiders" I'll believe as of right now are Reidman and Tomato of starmen.net.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I don't know.... this guy is starting to sound believable unfortunately. But I'm stilll skeptical.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Why? What did they say?
They gave a specific date on exactly when the Franklin Badge would occur. It turned out to be true.

This guy just said "Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer)." Which is very vague.

If he had true physcic powers he would of told specific characters or told other updates/exact days particular update would happen.

For instance like he said "Monday will be new comer and Friday will be Veteran), etc.

EDIT:

Here is the more recent predictions (from a source) that they say might possibly happen

http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102

BE WARNED OF THE SPOILERS IN THE SPOILER TAGS! IF YOU DO NOT WANT MOTHER 3 SPOILED FOR YOU DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER TAGS!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
This is a bunch of crap. It's all based on speculation about the image urls for the little icons that the Dojo site uses to represent franchises. There is room in the numbering for both Ice Climbers and G&W to return, but presumably one of them wouldn't be in "order" so it can't be in.

At least that's my understanding of this rumor.

Also, cutting Ness would be stupid, and I would be pretty annoyed if they did it.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
This kind of predictions thingy are very simple:

The ONLY way for this guys to prove their statements---- is to predict one or some of the next updates with specific days and the update itself....

If they fail to prove that and with the same "momnday newcomer, tuesday item etc" old crap..... then they leave us no other choice but call them liars.

If they wanna make us believe..... then predict the whole week or some of the days with 100% accuracy.

And just THEN ill believe.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
The sad thing is, many of gamefaqs (I hope they are joking) actually believe in this guy making a vague prediction.

I can make vague predictions also, like "Monday's Update will be Brawl related." I guarante it.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Bottom line: There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to cut any of the original 12, or to cut Game & Watch or the Ice Climbers.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't want to believe this.. 34 characters isn't that many. I'm hoping for around 40.

This isn't saying i do believe this guy in the least.
i agree, i want more than 34 characters, especially if it's the last smash bros

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I freaking predicted we would get a newcomer and a veteran this week. I was expecting Lucas and Peach. PT was a surprise, but I was still right. If he is an insider, he should start naming characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Marth and Roy are basicly the same thing, Ike seemed to replace them, being the latest FE character protaginist
I'm not saying that Roy will return.. Marth will probably return though. Just because Ike and Marth are somewhat similar doesn't mean a thing, we've only seen a few of his moves and they look different to me. Marth is basically what brought the FE game here, was he not? Why remove him?

I would be sad to see Marth go, personally. Ike is awesome, though.

Mewtwo, I'm not so sure about, but I have a funny feeling
So you say he's out? Sorry, but your "funny feeling" doesn't confirm anything. >_>

You can't go around tossing these things as facts. All that is a fact is what's on the official Brawl site.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don't you ever say that again. Luigi is Mario's brother! Super Smash Bros. would not be Super Smash Bros. without Mario's brother.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Did you ever play as Luigi? They where DIFFERENT. Not as different as other characters of course, however they're freaking brothers. Luigi is almost as important as Mario. (I'd say he's more important but I'm not going to argue that. :laugh:) It wouldn't make any sense to leave Luigi out.

Luigi was, I think a bit harder to play then Mario. He has less traction, his side B is different (and effective for getting back on the stage.), his Up B was a killer if you weren't right next to the edge, and there are other minute differences. Still they're there. There's so much that can be done to declone Luigi once and for all, and as I said in another post, it would be laziness if they totally scrapped him because he was a "clone".

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Luigi isn't a clone. He shares similar B moves and some A moves, but he is VERY different than the Marios. This of course makes sense, because he is mario's brother.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Luigi isnt a clone....in Melee...only 3 of his B attacks are cloned off of Mario, everything else is his own thing...unlike all the other real clones in the game...which have the same animation with different effects...

and I think it might be his last....hopefully the sales of Brawl will change his mind...

User33

Smash Journeyman
I just want one of his predictions to be wrong, so he can be exposed as a GREAT BIG PHONY!

Now he said that Mewtwo is in and IC`s are gone.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Well, thats just my opinion..
Anyways, I dont think Ness will be the one out, seeing on how he has an original moveset...

Its probally gunna be Luigi >_>
If he were to return, he'd a have a whole new moveset. I really dont want a Mario clone though >_> We had TWO of them in Melee.[/QUOTE]

First you say Marth and Mewtwo (Marth is original (Roy is not) so is Mewtwo) then you just say Luigi.

Please stick with what your saying, or saying "adding to my other predictions" etc.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I just want one of his predictions to be wrong, so he can be exposed as a GREAT BIG PHONY!

Now he said that Mewtwo is in and IC`s are gone.
He never said that, that was someone impersonating him
Notice they have an extra t on the end of their name

Still look for Lucas as the next Newcomer

megachao24

Smash Cadet
Crap, another bull**** rumor that came out of somebody's butt. Just because this guy got lucky does not mean he knows everything about Brawl. I really belive this guy is doing this because he's exploting the desperation of some people wanting a megaton everyday on the website.

Zink

Smash Champion
Jeez, these insider things are worse than that old Ridley/Celda/Baby Bowser rumor. Has anyone noticed that the development team is JAPANESE?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Jeez, these insider things are worse than that old Ridley/Celda/Baby Bowser rumor. Has anyone noticed that the development team is JAPANESE?
I know, right? It just seems to me common sense has flown out the window when people actually starting believing what these trolls say.

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
This isn't the first time it's happened..... apparently everyone cried wolf back in 2001 when melee was on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom