• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Purin's (jigglypuff) Time to go?

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I registered after weeks of lurking to make this post. Who agrees that Jigglypuff should not be in Brawl? I mean.... He added him in there in the first two games... because Purin was popular in Japan. But he's just a dud character and there could be cooler dud characters than Purin. I dunno. Post your thoughts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Try the Jigglypuff thread in the character section...

that's where this belongs...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But ... Surely Ness would be tradition too, then?
Yeah, which sucks they are prob replacing him with Lucas...

BUT Lucas will most likely have the same moveset and there is no one to replace Jiggs...

No one that uses the same moveset anyway

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff a dud character? What the hell? She's a great concept for a character and is very unique, why the hell would they take her out?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hey all, I registered after weeks of lurking to make this post. Who agrees that Jigglypuff should not be in Brawl? I mean.... He added him in there in the first two games... because Purin was popular in Japan. But he's just a dud character and there could be cooler dud characters than Purin. I dunno. Post your thoughts.
Could you please explain to me what your defintion of a "dud" character is to you?

I mean "cool" is a matter of perspective just because you may not like Jigglypuff doesn't mean someone else might not think she's cool.

She's still popular in Japan; she's been in two of SSB games. If she wasn't still popular in Japan my bet would be that she would not be in the game.

-Knight

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
She's unique... but, I dunno... always the first to be unlocked, no challenge unlocking him..
What does that have to do with how much of a great fighter she is and how unique her moveset is to everyone else's?

And by the way you changed Jigglypuff's sex at the start and finish of you're sentence.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What does that have to do with how much of a great fighter she is and how unique her moveset is to everyone else's?

And by the way you changed Jigglypuff's sex at the start and finish of you're sentence.
(It was because of the surgery....that's a taboo though)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I think she should be taken out. Not sure why they put her there in the first place... just because she was in the anime at the time? I dunno. It's an out of place character. She's not even that unique, we already have a pink puffball.

I think it's Jiggs' time to go.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I think she should be taken out. Not sure why they put her there in the first place... just because she was in the anime at the time? I dunno. It's an out of place character. She's not even that unique, we already have a pink puffball.

Yes, Jiggypuff was put into SSB because she was a popular recurring character in the anime. I'd say she's pretty unique she doesn't play the same way you'd play Kirby. By that notion your saying we should take out Luigi because he's similar to Mario.

I really don't understand what you meant by "out of place". I mean if you would be so happy to give me a list of what characters fit into SSB I'd be greatful.

She's still popular in Japan even after she stopped appearing in the anime. So she has a great chance of coming back.

-Knight

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't think Jigglypuff should leave. Jigglypuff is a fun character that I like to use sometimes. Why can't we just take out the cloniest of the clones (Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, and Young Link) and leave everybody else in? -_-

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
you must be a noob. Jiggly's a cool character in that she brings a fun and unique experience.

But tradition doesn't start until he third or fourth game follows the same code. Once Jiggly has stayed for brawl, then she'll be tradition. Till then she's just common sense.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Jigglypuff shouldn't leave. She's a highly unique character, her playstyle is not like that of any character in any fighting game ever made, where as say... Marths is a lot like some sword fighters in health based fighters.

Not saying marth should leave, but that jigglypuffs moveset is way more original, and shouldnt be gone from brawl. my 2 cents.

you must be a noob
Sigh. Don't be dumb.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
There's a search function that's under where it says "Calendar" and next to where it says "Search". Use it if you want to search for threads. There have been threads like this one before in the Brawl Character Discussion.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
By the logic behind Jigglypuff, we'd sooner remove Ness and Captain Falcon from the game, as they're both far less well-known characters outside of Smash. Jigglypuff's been in a game released this year. C. Falcon, not so much, but not forgotten. Ness hasn't been in anything since the SNES, man...

And what about Pit? One game, on the NES, that sold poorly VS Metroid. One GB game that everyone forgets about. Less of a priority than Jigglypuff popularity-wise.

Jiggs isn't a huge character amongst the "core" smash audience, but for the Pokemon crowd, leaving her out would be a devastating blow akin to leaving out Mewtwo. She's an essential representative of the franchise in Smash Bros.

I mean, would you want them to take Dan out of Street Fighter just because he wears pink and is a silly character? No way...

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace

Well to be fair the only reason why pikachu is in the game is because of the anime. In B/R he had no real important purpose and Y was loosely based on the anime.

interfear1

Smash Cadet
I think Jigglypuff will not come back, but I could be wrong.

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
She's a very unique character whose fairly well ranked on the tier list, being used by the likes of King (who I would say is in the nation's top 20 players). I love playing the Puff. Honestly, what's the point of taking her out? She already has a moveset ready to go, and she's quite balanced as it is. You people are so spiteful sometimes :-/.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Didn't Sakurai say that none of the original 12 would go?
Yes he did. Jigglypuff will definatly return. I really think that we are overthinking about the fact that all characters might not return. Here is my list of who could possibly go. Not all of these characters I want to go tho.

Doc(Most Likely) *
Roy
Pichu *
Y.Link
Marth
Sheik
G&W
Mewtwo *
Ness *
Jigglypuff (Least likely) *

* = those who I want to stay.

Jigglypuff was the 2nd most popular pokemon and is now even more popular due to being in 2 Smashbros games. If she was a newcomer I'd say it would look tough to get her in but in this case definatly yes. SSB64 decided she would be in and she IS staying for Brawl.

And btw Jigglypuff was a joke character to casual players. In both Melee and N64 Jigglypuff is above low tier.

Darkurai

Smash Master
While we're at it, let's take out Kirby. He was pretty good in the first game, but he turned out as a dud in Melee.

Oh-ho!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually I'm pretty sure he didn't say that all original 12 will return.

If you have a legit source to show me where he said it, I'll believe it. Otherwise it's just a fan-made rule.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Sakurai say that none of the original 12 would go?
Nope, if that was the case Ness fans could rest easy.

I wouldn't say Jigglypuff is in any danger of leaving the Smash roster, she's a powerful and unique fighter and most of the hate I've seen against her here is either pure opinion or just stupid.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
They won't get rid of Jiggles. She's one of the original 12 characters. I think we can all expect her and Luigi to be unlockable again in Brawl.

Lith17

Smash Rookie
Excuse me, but are you ********?(not in then sense of chromosome) He's one of the strongest characters in the game.

And really, does anyone else think that maybe none of the characters will be taken out of brawl. Yes there are very fine similarities with some characters, but a real Doc. Mario player plays doc over reg. Mario for a reason.

And please, all the people who're telling us there's a thread covering this; thank you for telling us. I would have never thought that was possible. I mean, let me lay it out how much oblivious I was at this new development. I for one thought that there was only a few threads on this site and I was lucky they made one for Jiggs. I was no doubt blind at the point that there was no such thing as a character discussion. I can only be a pint of water in an ocean of people who don't know of such a thing.

Come on, now. I mean, I understand, but I could also get to point that not all threads are going to coincide with specific titles. I mean, the title goes, "Purin's (jigglypuff) Time to go?" but somehow you find the text "i thot luigi was a dud character with all his gay moves".

Don't be such a thread police.

SiD

Smash Master
Doc won't return most likely, he already lost his Fair to Mario.

But it would be stupid to remove any original characters from Melee, unless replaced by a similar character. For example, and I'm not saying this happened, but Ike could replace Marth. But, nobody could replace Jiggs, so she will stay.

dk64

Smash Cadet
if u don't like her, don't play as her. i say the more characters the marrier.

ClickOnTheLink

Smash Cadet
I won't mind if she doesn't make the cut. There are too many Pokemon characters anyway. That game gets too much representation in Smash.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
I won't mind if she doesn't make the cut. There are too many Pokemon characters anyway. That game gets too much representation in Smash.
Yes, yes and while we're at it lets kick out some mario and Zelda characters, seeing that they have MORE representatives in brawl then pokemon.
Seriously I'm getting tired of all this pissy whining about "TOO MANY POKEMANZ" Jigglypuff was unique an a fun character and deserves a spot in brawl.

Top Bottom