• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

punishing falcon mistech

Pockets Jones

Smash Rookie
i have a question for everyone, i practice with my friend (a falcon main) alot and when i knock him down i am never sure of the best way to punish his options... what are some good ways to punish falcon's getup attack and rolls and such? or any character's getup options for that matter.

Pi

Smash Hero
well if ur close you can go for jab reset into things, grab, dtilt, uptilt, smashes etc.

if you're not quite that close dash attack is always pretty solid to chase tech rolls, or grab if the dash attack won't hit, ftilt if he gets up normally, crouch cancel dash attack if he get up attacks, or maybe shield grab his get up attack? not sure

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
i have a question for everyone, i practice with my friend (a falcon main) alot and when i knock him down i am never sure of the best way to punish his options... what are some good ways to punish falcon's getup attack and rolls and such? or any character's getup options for that matter.
You should totally let him get up and not do anything to him.

It throws off his rhythm.

Pockets Jones

Smash Rookie
rock lee: sweet, i thank you from the bottom of my infinitely large pockets!

citizen snips: you are a crab, you don't have thumbs... how do you even play this game? also you are from the future... you shouldn't even exist yet!

rhan

Smash Hero
Is Snips the Falcon you're talking about here? lol that's cute.

But yeah everything Lee said is legit.

I like doing CC Dtilts on failed techs. It can set up for combos n such.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Best option is a jab reset if you can do it, leads into everything else and gives you a lot more time to make your decision/charge smash attack.

Pi

Smash Hero
not weak enough, but often times you'll catch them not buffering
and most people are used to jabbing missed techs by now

dtilt is probably the most reliable combo move you can get out of a missed tech, and it comes out on frame 5 so it's quite fast.

Violence

Smash Lord
I did that the other day. I got a mental image of spaceballs giving me his ahegao face at Genesis.

Never felt so **** and disturbed at the same time.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
^ Is samus' jab weak enough to unconditionally reset Falcon? I'm guessing its percent dependent.
Falcon's are used to SDIing up on missed techs. Jab reset isn't always great, but if you're opponent shows that they don't SDI it, go for it

Thanks, Sheik!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
^ Yea for real

I remember aftermath would catch falcons slippin and get them with a reset, he'd follow up with a charged smash attack though.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
If Falcon misses the tech, there are a bunch of stuff you could do. Jab resets are usually good, but Samus's jab is pretty strong for a jab. I like dtilt/dsmash more. One sets up for combos and the other is like a mini-Peach dsmash. Also, if you can read the mistech ahead of time (lolz?) utilt works too and can set up for good combos as well.

Walt

Smash Ace
as a falcon player dsmash getting me offstage off a missed tech suuuucks. can utilt>fsmash work there? I don't know jack about samus.

Top Bottom