• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punish Me! (ZSS)

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
well if it was just rock smash, it's as easy as jumping. You can't sidestep, because the small debris of the boulder hits you and keeps you in place and sets you up for more punishment. Roll dodging can also get you into trouble, because Snail is right, it's crappy spacing, even though rock smash is a slow move.

The fire....hmmm....that's also a slow move that needs a little recovery. If you were on the edge like you said, I guess you could SH backwards, throw a pikmin, grab the ledge, and do a ledge jump over.

Snail

Smash Lord
well if it was just rock smash, it's as easy as jumping. You can't sidestep, because the small debris of the boulder hits you and keeps you in place and sets you up for more punishment. Roll dodging can also get you into trouble, because Snail is right, it's crappy spacing, even though rock smash is a slow move.

The fire....hmmm....that's also a slow move that needs a little recovery. If you were on the edge like you said, I guess you could SH backwards, throw a pikmin, grab the ledge, and do a ledge jump over.
Yeah, or even a get-up attack with invincibility frames. That's pretty cool, although throwing a pikmin might not be too useful if you throw it straight into the flamethrower x_X

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, or even a get-up attack with invincibility frames. That's pretty cool, although throwing a pikmin might not be too useful if you throw it straight into the flamethrower x_X
lol thats true, I was hoping for a red or perhaps a purple pikmin a little high.

Snail

Smash Lord
Oh dear... Olimar dittos?

I've never fought one of those before, so I wouldn't know. Maybe you can WAC the fair and punish with an Usmash? I'm not sure though.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
My main question, why the hell do pikmin grow anywhere, like, they grow in metal, and wood, and dirt, and water D:

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
1) Olimar has many moves that kill pikmin while approaching, since fair is abused anyway, all shorthopped should include autocanceled fairs to kill pikmin...if he's throwing a lot of pikmin, he doesn't have many on the back end...don't let him hit the ground...best friends are uair, nair, upsmash, and up b.

2) I choose to di away and up, either going for a fair or jumping depending on my damage.

XienZo

Smash Lord
My main question, why the hell do pikmin grow anywhere, like, they grow in metal, and wood, and dirt, and water D:
You forgot Arwings, Landmasters, Rolling crates, Bulborbs, Duon, Porky, and pictochat text boxes.

asob4

Smash Champion
smash DI up and away from the last hit of the upsmash and you're golden. it shouldn't be too hard getting to zelda. just chuck pikmin and punish accordingly

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did you guys read the situation. >_> You're in the air. You can't space fsmashes while airborne. :p

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
If you are falling, you can change momentum to trick her to miss a smash. Her smashes are long so you can get to the ground if she is 'spamming' upsmashes or fsmashes everywhere.

This wouldn't/shouldn't happen.

If, for some reason, you are getting hit more than once while returning, try grabbing the edge. Hell, whistle the smash.

I don't see it happening. Or maybe get a yellow and dair her.

Snail

Smash Lord
You can't really whistle the smash since youll get caught by the next hit.

I happen to have been in this exact situation today. It was a pain in the ***. On BF, you can just land on the top platform and make her jump up, breaking the usmash chain. On FD it's more annoying though. You can try landing on the edge but that's quite risky... And I don't think Dair works. Maybe it does though, I didn't manage to land it. :/

geekd

Smash Apprentice
olimar is hopeless from above zelda, so priority numero uno needs to be getting back down. DI/SDI hard left or right (wherever you have the most space) and then fastfall down. If she gets beneath you then use your second jump at the last moment and try to get her to spam another usmash; the move has enough lag to allow you to get back down, and if you space well enough then throw a fsmash her way. If you didn't space then you can always chuck a few tiny soldiers at her :p

RichBrown

Smash Master
basically the people above me have already given the options i've thought of. I generally will slowfall in one direction, and then switch directions and fast fall it. this works well because zelda will usually dash in the direction you are falling, and so going the other way means she has to turn around, and it give you just enough time to reach the ground. using double jump in hopes of getting zelda to spam Usmash is a good idea as well.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, you can't use your whistle or airdodges because his upair is too fast and lagless. You can't retaliate because it beats out your dair and fair. To tell you the truth, I'm completely clueless.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
its called superarmored whistle to very very fast nair, duh! or you use your upb as a little boost to get you away and hopefully enough to get you back to the stage if your not glide attacked or up b attacked after use it(hope your not in that position)

geekd

Smash Apprentice
I usually just airdodge anyway, try to get the side of him, and get hit regardless. When on the side of him the hit sends you fairly horizontal. Then ff olimars fair asap to try and get down. Sometimes If I time it perfectly I can airdodge beneath him without getting hit, although even if the uair llands it doesn't do much damage. I hate MK

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
I fastfall and DI away from MK so that I'll land on the ground. Olimar has better DI than MK, so it should work most of the time. Then, I just wait for him to land and try to get a midair grab on him while he's landing, then throw him somewhere and try to tech chase.

That's about all you can do.

asob4

Smash Champion
WAC > spike :D haha
especially if they try to shuttle loop :D
got that in a tourney once
i was so happy after haha

geekd

Smash Apprentice
^ haha we 4 completely different posts with completely different advice. WAC nair, airdodge, DI, and WAC spike

it seems llike there are a llot of options :)

Snail

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if the Whistle works because you might get Uaired right after (whistle spam? Dunno) but if it works, whistle. If not, airdodge. If that fails... just DI off the stage and attempt to recover from the side :/

Spiking MK out of his Shuttle Loop is SO satisfying. I only managed to pull it off once but man, my opponent was completely crushed XD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure if the Whistle works because you might get Uaired right after (whistle spam? Dunno) but if it works, whistle. If not, airdodge. If that fails... just DI off the stage and attempt to recover from the side :/
Exactly.

it's best to just DI away or WAC spammage

WAC through it > up air is awesome :D
This never works for me. Unless he's using rising upairs, (which he shouldn't be doing. He should be using falling upairs) there is no way for you to WAC or airdodge through it- even with good timing. Upair is too lagless. The only choice I see is what geekd said, just DI down and to a direction and hope to get hit as far and close to the ground as possible. You can't go straight though it at all.

asob4

Smash Champion
well by the sounds of the situation, he would be chasing me with up airs
so those must be rising so he can get to me with them. it would inevitably lead to a tornado. so they must be rising uairs

or did i misinterpret it?

asob4

Smash Champion
then you just stop going for the grab and keep latching
as soon as they decide to waste their neutral b then you go in. or just uhhh... i dunno

Top Bottom