• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff help

Holty

Smash Apprentice
I main Marth/Sheik at the moment. I attend tournaments occasionally (local) and tend to place high, well, atleast always making it outta pools.

Whatever that's not the point...I wanna start with Puff, keeping her as a secondary and a main if she's fun enough (which she has been :p). One problem...I'm not so good with her.

Besides the stickies here, is there any other advice you Puff mains could give? I'm sure it's just gonna take a bit of time to learn Jiggly, like it does every character, but I think the main prob is that I don't even know her true metagame (never met any decent ones). The population of Puff mains seems extinct atm lol, so it's pretty difficult to learn about Puff. I've been watching some youtube vids of Mango, Darc, King and Hungrybox, but it doesn't help much.

Thanks in advance all! :)

Meverse

Smash Cadet
back-air and rest are your best friends :)
learn how to bait opponants into rests or into combo-->rest
space well (very well)
edgeguarding is important 2
DI well ,the usual
try practicing with a friend using your jiggs.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
I just started using Jigglypuff in Melee too :D
timing rest is really hard, but i find jumping into them and resting is the easiest way to do it.
stay in the air a lot and abuse forward b aka pound, it has really good priority, stays out for longer than expected and has suprising range
for battling on the ground, crouching to avoid stuff is always useful and down attacks are good for knocking people away
in the end i guess getting people in the air is the way to go
p.s. pound lauches people in the air so what i like to do is dash into people and when they expected a dash attack i use pound

hope that was helpful :D

Massive

Smash Champion
The biggest mental difference between puff and (almost) every other character is that you are not limited to the stage when you are fighting.
You have arguably the best recovery in the entire game and almost every useful attack is an aerial.

Do NOT be afraid to chase someone off the stage. Get used to it, you need to be comfortable with no land below you. If you send them flying off the stage, don't stand on the stage and edgeguard, GO AFTER THEM. Chase them down, destroy their recovery and then exploit yours to return to the stage. That is the zen of Jigglypuff.

Alternatively, you can exploit any and all lag/vulnerability frames with lightning quick reflexes and just rest the mofos, choice is yours.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Wait, u live in England? Never heard of you, what tournaments are these you attend that have pools cos not even london has pools all the time lol, and when they do, getting out of them is a ***** lol

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Tamoo, the censored last word made your statement confusing. So is it easy or hard in England? lol.

I think the main thing you have to learn is to not spam Bairs feeling that you're safe. You have to be aware of the opponent's ability to approach and get into your space; don't just focus on approaching slowly with your wall of Bairs. It feels like a good strategy to spam your Bairs, but once you play better players, they will know how to get in (when you land on the ground), and you will be punished for spamming mindlessly.

Tamoo

Smash Master
It was ***** lol, It can be a pain, cos there are like 4 people in the UK who are way out ahead of the others, and then there's a group of like 25ppl in which the result is never obvious because the skill gap is so close and we only ever have 16 ppl through. Also makes brackets exciting cos really anything can happen.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
is there anyone out there that can give me advice on landing rest and doing rising pounds. i stopped using jigglypuff after i realised i sucked, but i want to get back to using him, her...it?

Top Bottom