• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT vs Samus Stratergies

D

Deleted member

I know, but you dont need to press y i think? Dunno, i know you can do it either way, havent tried with tap jump on but meh -.-

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
no need to press y, the actual key input for it is:

start running
pivot the opposite direction then imediately push/hold upsmash.

so
F, b~upsmash

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
I updated the thread to feature zeta and charizards indepth posts.

If anyone else wants to do a write up just poat or pm me your section. It'll be good to have a thread where us pokemon trainers really get to write about a subject indepthly

Miles.

Smash Champion
I suck with the other Pokemon so I will only comment on Zard.

Reference vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKjJQCky_-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7DKXcNyD3Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVBdyMmpz8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80HJMoY8aRU

Almighty Charizard

Has the tools to pressure her well.
Auto Canceled Fairs are actually pretty good against homing missles.
Dashing shield.
Double Jump to a well spaced Flamethrower.
Calm and quick tech chasing can put Samus on the ropes.

You want to pressure her off the level to where you have the advantage. Makes sure that off the level that you dont get below her or you will be spiked. Running off Fair is good for the gimp or Jump of the level to a Fair or Dair. Do your best to read her. If you connect thats a stock.

Grab release mix ups are golden here, Grab Release to jabs/tilts/regrab/rocksmash/flamethrower/or Upsmash.

Dashing UpSmash is a great follow up after a Flamerthower or a jab combo.

DTilt Kill Samus off the side and so does Ftilt, Down Throw, and Side Smash, look for oppurtunities to kill with these because Samus' heavy weight wont save her off the sides like it does off the top.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Listen, I noticed that I had some typos. I fixed the ones I noticed, so please update that.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
Updated 1st post with your fix requests.

Anyone have any more PT myths against samus that they would like to share.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Usmash being a Samus killer myth sounds wrong. Usmash is an anyone but a really heavy weight, killer.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
it says its debateable.... upsmash is a good kill move but getting in close enough ito use it is where the problem lies

Onxy

Smash Lord
Why debatable? Every other move you have to get close in to kill with, Usmash does it best either way. I'm not saying that it is a great Samus owner, but fact is that Usmash IS Charizard's best kill move when fresh.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
Why debatable? Every other move you have to get close in to kill with, Usmash does it best either way. I'm not saying that it is a great Samus owner, but fact is that Usmash IS Charizard's best kill move when fresh.
You're right... its not a samus killer... and thats the debate. Its a good kill move but it doesnt = samus ownage.

any move charizard can come in at a 45 degree angle does alot better job than upsmash against samus.

dont miscontruded my post. If you agree upsmash is not samus ownage then thats good... thats the point Im making, not that its not effective.

and yostuff stank... if you want to try come to irls house when we have our meets and see for yourself :)

Onxy

Smash Lord
What do you mean by "Samus killer"? A move that can kill Samus easily, or a move that just owns Samus out right?

Hive

Smash Lord
i think i can beat this samus... trill talk.
Oh kwl! and he lives nearby ^^ (hehe)
Ok, youstuffstank you're on! :O At this rate I'll be playing every PT main in norcal lol
Better be careful, my vids don't do me justice ;) and I'm not going easy on you just cuz I'm a chick! :p lol

Ian, where were you today btw?! :( I missed playing...

Toby.

Smash Master
Well.

Maybe I'll have to convert all the players near me to PT. Then we will form an Australian PT Alliance, with me as their king. Then we will travel over to your so called "Nor Cal" and have a mighty crew battle, which we will probably lose.

It's a flawless plan.

Onxy

Smash Lord
you're probably better than 9/10 of the group anyway, lol.

yostuffstank

Smash Cadet
and yostuff stank... if you want to try come to irls house when we have our meets and see for yourself :)
Oh kwl! and he lives nearby ^^ (hehe)
Ok, youstuffstank you're on! :O At this rate I'll be playing every PT main in norcal lol
Better be careful, my vids don't do me justice ;) and I'm not going easy on you just cuz I'm a chick! :p lol

Then come and play fool.

Get some.
o0o0o it's time baybee, it's time. pm me a heads up, but i will need a pickup at berkeley near UC Berkeley. busy this weekend however.

Top Bottom