• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Newcomer!!!: Spark Sheik! (Small Update)

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice

Spark Sheik has joined the Brawl!!

Spark Sheik is a quick, combo based character that can really punish foes if using her full potential. She us based off vBrawl. I have never tried Brawl+ or BBrawl, but if anyone wants to make versions for those, be my guest, just let me know and mention me in your post.

Of course, like every character, she has her weak points. She has no easy top kill until about 300%. Her up special on the ground may kill a little earlier, but you would have to be on a high point of the stage, and the move is hard to hit with anyway. Her uair only juggles (perfectly). If Super Sheik gets hit while holding an item, the item will disappear, same for grabbing onto a ledge. Her roll dodges can be chained together, but to balance this, she only has super armor instead of pure invincibility.

Here are the details, with pictures.

Spark Sheik usually has electricity going on her hands. This is just an aesthetic, and if my plan works her idle will be the sex in the next version.

Spark Sheik has 3 jumps, but the multiplier is pretty low so it's just more of a strategy utility... thinger...

Her two double jumps are teleports, but you can still be hit. Just for trickery.

Dash attack/Run/Wut. Find out for yourself why this move is the move. Just remember to let go of the joystick once you hit the A button. Of course... you don't have to if you don't want to...

Her standard combo includes two hits. Two back hand strikes. Not much range, but does 13% damage and can set up good combos.

Hit 2 of the standard combo.

Ftilt is a laggy but strong elbow thrust, that can set up a combo at early percents. Ends a combo well.

For her utilt, Spark Sheik spins her hands up like crazy resulting in a move that racks up about 13% and is a really good combo starter.

What? What a useless dtilt...

Oh! She disappears and then lunges out of thin air with a combo starting, long range kick.

She has a really good forward smash...

She lunges forward with a punch that leads straight into...

A big second hit. The hitbox isn't as big as the graphic... not to worry...

Dsmash:

Usmash:

It... spikes... ?

Nair is similar to Mario's dair.

Fair is a really quick back hand fist that combos well, and can KO at around 180. Really good move over all.

Bair is also a really good move, but it can be hard to hit with. It turns her around, as well, so when the opponent has little damage it combos nicely into a fair.

Uair is an extremely good juggling move.

Her dair now brings the opponent down with her, and the landing animation also has a hitbox. 11 damage is the total for this move.

NEUTRAL SPECIAL

Woah! For her neutral special she spins and throws a big green ray that can plow through some things. The shot goes on forever, but this is her laggiest move. It's very laggy. Can be your best friend or your direst mistake.

What's this? The move becomes a bit different in the air. Also pretty laggy, this one pecks at opponents instead of plowing at them. The shots don't go on forever, but using this at the right distance away can screw up a recovering opponent, by putting them in the perfect zone for a strong aerial.

SIDE SPECIAL

A simple spinning pop forward that does many multi hits. Be careful though, it goes into a disabled fall if you finish in the air. This move probably isn't a fun but difficult suicide move, so don't even try it. (Sometimes you can even.......)

UP SPECIAL

... What is that? It's Spark Sheik of course. After a really brief charge, she becomes a ball of electricity and shoots upward, dealing multiple hits to those in the radius. Then she pops out of her electric ball and...

Ouch! She smacks the opponent diagonally downward to finish off the move. (This wont really spike to hard, so it's not cheap, they will be able to recover until like 250%)

There's also a ground version that's completely different...

She charges up slowly...

DOWN SPECIAL

Spark Sheik can heal herself at a non cheap rate. It's only cheap in Boss Battles when you can heal all of your health before every match without adding to your time...

FINAL SMASH

GO SEE IT FOR YOUR SELF PLEASE.

Download (Texture and moveset): http://www.mediafire.com/?mmj4y2nj1tl

Enjoy! Please comment on anything that you think is possibly to cheap or anything like that.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I just got done messing around with her in Brawl+ and I'm impressed. She's very good at juggling, gimping, and has a hilarious Final Smash. The only move I couldn't really find a use for was Dtilt. Maybe make it come out a bit sooner?

Great job. :)

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I just got done messing around with her in Brawl+ and I'm impressed. She's very good at juggling, gimping, and has a hilarious Final Smash. The only move I couldn't really find a use for was Dtilt. Maybe make it come out a bit sooner?

Great job. :)
:bee: Thanks!!!

And yeah for the next version I will probably speed up the whole animation to make it a little more useful.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Characters like this make me wish someone would help me learn this blasted program.
It may seem really difficult, but I started with no knowledge at all! There's plenty of resource threads as well. I basically taught myself, and of course there's a lot of trial and error involved.

If you haven't downloaded the actual program yet, and you want to make a character, download the program, and read some resources. That's definitely the best way to start. Then ask questions as you go along. Eventually you will have a decent understanding and you will be able to say: "Yeah, I know what I'm doing."

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I gave this a shot, and I am very impressed! Usually when I hear of *insert element here* character, I expect the worst. But, this character is very creative, interesting, and possibly even balanced. The animations are well chosen as well. So, good job!

I do have some complaints though, naturally. For one, I think it'd do you well to tone down the idle graphics a fair amount. There's just too much going on when she's not even moving. Probably remove the graphic 81 from that.

Speaking of graphics, a little variety might help. Obviously this is a nitpick. But with so many different kinds of lightning (such as red lightning (85) and more different sparks (26)), just seeing the same two is a little bland.

As for the moves... a couple of them need some actual knockback at the end to be useful. For example, u-tilt and nair.

I feel like the Fsmash would be nicer if it were less powerful but more reliable.

Personally I'd prefer to be invisible only during the dodges, not after.

Finally, the one or two aspects of the throw could use work. (Like a new sound effect for the pummel, maybe.) And some new taunts would be nice.

All in all, nice work! Don't mean to overwhelm you with criticism. It has a lot of potential.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I hate to add this in here, but I had to lol that the creator of Wisp is telling people to tone down the graphic effects. Otherwise, the character looks cool, I'll try it out when I get the chance.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I gave this a shot, and I am very impressed! Usually when I hear of *insert element here* character, I expect the worst. But, this character is very creative, interesting, and possibly even balanced. The animations are well chosen as well. So, good job!

I do have some complaints though, naturally. For one, I think it'd do you well to tone down the idle graphics a fair amount. There's just too much going on when she's not even moving. Probably remove the graphic 81 from that.

Speaking of graphics, a little variety might help. Obviously this is a nitpick. But with so many different kinds of lightning (such as red lightning (85) and more different sparks (26)), just seeing the same two is a little bland.

As for the moves... a couple of them need some actual knockback at the end to be useful. For example, u-tilt and nair.

I feel like the Fsmash would be nicer if it were less powerful but more reliable.

Personally I'd prefer to be invisible only during the dodges, not after.

Finally, the one or two aspects of the throw could use work. (Like a new sound effect for the pummel, maybe.) And some new taunts would be nice.

All in all, nice work! Don't mean to overwhelm you with criticism. It has a lot of potential.
Thanks!!
I have taken the excessive idle effects into consideration, and now she just has her hands glowing with small electrocution (It was really the graphic 81 that was causing the problem, I didn't intend it to be that vigorous.)

I used the same two effects because I wanted to be consistent with the texture's bright blue glow, like the effects themselves. But I might experiment in later versions.

Fsmash I'm going to fix, I knew had a feeling it was a little too powerful. And I will add some knockback to those two moves as well.

I'll also be changing the pummel sound, that's something I merely forgot to change.

I might change a taunt or two, yeah.

The invisible after dodges problem has been fixed, I had it set up wrong.

Thanks again. Don't worry about criticism, I got plenty of it from when I used to sprite/edit.

@SaviorLegacy: I'm not sure how to make a good quality one like some matches you would see on youtube, and I have no idea where my family's video camera is.

@Jalued: 4% to a lengthy second. 1 second is a long time in smash. You could probably get back 8% per kill in an intense match. A lot more for a top kill, but she sucks at top kills. I took that into consideration. :)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
This. XDXDXDXD
I didn't lol at him. Wisp is made of graphic effects. I'll have to agree with him that Spark Sheik needs less/more variety of graphics.

Also, speed up d-tilt a little, but not a whole lot. It would make it seem better (even though it's fast enough, I thought a little more speed and less damage (like 1%) would be better XD)

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
It may seem really difficult, but I started with no knowledge at all! There's plenty of resource threads as well. I basically taught myself, and of course there's a lot of trial and error involved.

If you haven't downloaded the actual program yet, and you want to make a character, download the program, and read some resources. That's definitely the best way to start. Then ask questions as you go along. Eventually you will have a decent understanding and you will be able to say: "Yeah, I know what I'm doing."
I know the basics such as animation replacing etc. But I just stopped trying when I couldn't even make a simple(working) hitbox.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I know the basics such as animation replacing etc. But I just stopped trying when I couldn't even make a simple(working) hitbox.
That's no reason to give up! I had the same problem, and when I came back to it I facepalmed because the hitbox had no flags. Hit boxes aren't the most simple thing. I started with graphic effects.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I hate to add this in here, but I had to lol that the creator of Wisp is telling people to tone down the graphic effects. Otherwise, the character looks cool, I'll try it out when I get the chance.
Hehehe, I didn't even think about that. It is rather ironic. I'll admit sometimes Wisp is a little distracting, to put it mildly :p

I used the same two effects because I wanted to be consistent with the texture's bright blue glow, like the effects themselves. But I might experiment in later versions.
Ah, that makes sense. 'S cool then.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
That's no reason to give up! I had the same problem, and when I came back to it I facepalmed because the hitbox had no flags. Hit boxes aren't the most simple thing. I started with graphic effects.
Yeah, and then I didn't know how flags worked. I followed the guide's format but failed in the end.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just a note, you said her rolls only have super armor, not true invincibility. Super armor IS invinicibility. See: Ike's up b

You mean her rolls only have HEAVY armor. See: Donkey Kong cargo hold... I think it's the holding part

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Just a note, you said her rolls only have super armor, not true invincibility. Super armor IS invinicibility. See: Ike's up b

You mean her rolls only have HEAVY armor. See: Donkey Kong cargo hold... I think it's the holding part
Don't you still take damage during super armor? I'm not sure, I had just always thought that's what it was.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
waht

No
Super armor = damage no knockback
Heavy armor = damage, no knockback unless launch speed is over a certain value
Invincibility = no damage no knockback

and I can (and will) make a vid for you, consider it a birthday present since I've never said happy birthday to you ever :3

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
waht

No Super armor = damage no knockback
Heavy armor = damage, no knockback unless launch speed is over a certain value
Invincibility = no damage no knockback

and I can (and will) make a vid for you, consider it a birthday present since I've never said happy birthday to you ever :3
I <3 tson.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I now love Rob's down smash against spark sheik rolls. ^_^
I love Spark Sheik dodging across the whole stage by holding shield and tapping the joystick rapidly.

Something I forgot to mention, Spark Sheik can stage spike from a good distance using the grounded up special. So fun to do. So very fun to do.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Update!!!

This is just a graphic update for the most part, the other suggestions will be modified soon enough.

Now Spark Sheik has bright balls of electricity glowing on her hands for most of her animations.
There were also some other fixes as well that you probably wont notice.

I didn't re-upload the texture files, here's the .pac:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zttgqon2qmj

Enjoy.

Top Bottom