• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PS1 Rock Form Abuse

XACE-K

Smash Master
I agree with Arturito. Others can abuse this better than Ike and it can happen on Corneria too. Wall-Kick -> Sweet-spotted knee=Epicness with Falcon when you do this.

metroid1117

Smash Master

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
I prefer PS2 shenanigans. Aether sliding gets a huge boost if you do it mound in the ground form. Sliding fsmash on ice and electric form.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
FYI all this is ledge camping. You pretty much have to improvise and react against your opponents. Kind of common knowledge and I'm not sure what we're discussing now.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Aether, Aether, Aether, Aether.

U-air works too if your opponent is stupidly close *guilty*.

metroid1117

Smash Master
By now, mostly everyone knows that Ike's Aether fails to grab the edge on the sixth try if he does not touch the ground. However, does he fall past the edge if he grabs different edges six times (like at the rocks at Delfino or at Japes)? I can't test it right now >.>.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think neutral air might work well in this case. Kirk thinks that the back part of it may combo into aether so it could lead into a lock but this is just meh.

It's not exactly like ledge camping seeing as you have to keep bouncing your opponent back up and trap him into your highest damaging move.

edit: no idea go check but wtf rocks at delfino?

metroid1117

Smash Master
It's called the green towers/pillars, gosh.
Oops.

Anyways, I tested it this morning on Jungle Japes; although you grab different edges, it still counts as one edgegrab. Therefore, even if you switch edges, you will still miss the edge the 6th time you try to Aether onto either one of them if you don't touch the ground before hand.

comboking

Smash Master
By the time you do like 3 Ledge-Dropped Aethers Your opponent should be able to get out of the way right?

Top Bottom