• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proposal for a DK rework

D

Deleted member

How to make Donkey Kong viable and not a player luck-reliant dysfunctional character:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jab: Increase the range, it’s too short. and make it safe on shield.

Ftilt: No change.

Uptilt: Less endlag, I want it to combo into itself more.

Downtilt: No change.

Dash attack: Less endlag and more active frames, invincibility to projectiles (no clanking).

Fsmash: Less startup. Needs armor.

Upsmash: More active frames near the start. Needs armor

Downsmash: More knockback. Needs armor.

Nair: Less startup. Needs a full body hitbox to fix his juggle food issue.

Fair: Make it frame 9 like in Smash 64, it's useless right now.

Bair: No change.

Up air: Less endlag.

Dair: Change it to Smash 64 dair where the hitbox was larger.

Giant Punch: Needs armor on full startup regardless of charge.

Headbutt: Needs armor on full startup.

Spinning Kong: Less startup and endlag on the ground. Armor and more vertical distance in the air. Or just replace it with the Kong Cyclone, a much better version.

Hand Slap: Less endlag on the ground, Less startup in the air.

Other: More pushback on shield, more units to weight (There's a major difference between him and Krool), longer grab range, less endlag on grab, maybe change his fall speed/gravity; there's nothing justifying his disadvantage being bad.

D

Deleted member

Delzethin made a Remake It video for DK
I watched it as soon as I saw it, and although I don't like the idea of removing the aerial hand slap as it's his easiest spike to both land and combo out of, overall the vid is a really solid blueprint that I hope sees some fruition in a theoretical Smash 6. Just give his barrel cannon special the same i-frames as Wonderwing and I'll be happy.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Because all the complainers are doing is complaining about "no barrel throw" and "no barrel cannon" with no thought into how well they would gel in a moveset.

And I don't have to imagine how poorly DK would play with those moves, because the most recent version of Smash Bros. Crusade has exactly those things, and he plays way worse that way.

Top Bottom