• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Hey guys, sorry I've been gone again, but my laptop charger got fried >_<

I know it seems like I'm just making excuses at this point, but what can I say? God hates my computer.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry I've been gone again, but my laptop charger got fried >_<

I know it seems like I'm just making excuses at this point, but what can I say? God hates my computer.
As long as you're still planning on working on the project, I'm good.

Zyon_Z

Smash Rookie
As long as you're still planning on working on the project, I'm good.
As input of idea ....
the shield could be opened out of the way and show the Smash Up the Snake [Up Special Move: Cypher]) this would be the best move Vertical recovery.

and
the Final Smash ..

* First Face
Megaman shot by a horizontal plasma beam ....
the objective that is touched (only one target) be paralyzed ...
* Second face
megaman .. displays a second bust of his great arm and throws the objective horizontal rays for 5 seconds (similar to the final rays smash mario have a minimal effect of "knockback" ... without removing the effect of "stun" the first target. just upload damage) [total calculation of damage to the first target 23% damage]
* Third face
much energy as charged plasma in the megaman buster (for the 5 second ray) ... it displays a green plasma sword .... and flies toward the target ... gives a blow me across the goal ... after... the sword disappears [41% Calculation of damage damage]

maybe it is incredibly difficult to achieve ...
but for me that is a final smash .. n_n

greetings .. and I love their project .. always wanted megaman appear in brawl ... THANK YOU

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
As input of idea ....
the shield could be opened out of the way and show the Smash Up the Snake [Up Special Move: Cypher]) this would be the best move Vertical recovery.

and
the Final Smash ..

* First Face
Megaman shot by a horizontal plasma beam ....
the objective that is touched (only one target) be paralyzed ...
* Second face
megaman .. displays a second bust of his great arm and throws the objective horizontal rays for 5 seconds (similar to the final rays smash mario have a minimal effect of "knockback" ... without removing the effect of "stun" the first target. just upload damage) [total calculation of damage to the first target 23% damage]
* Third face
much energy as charged plasma in the megaman buster (for the 5 second ray) ... it displays a green plasma sword .... and flies toward the target ... gives a blow me across the goal ... after... the sword disappears [41% Calculation of damage damage]

maybe it is incredibly difficult to achieve ...
but for me that is a final smash .. n_n

greetings .. and I love their project .. always wanted megaman appear in brawl ... THANK YOU
This seems like a translation, so if English is not you're first language, I understand. I can almost follow what you've posted, but I'm not sure what the "faces" mentioned in the Final Smash bit is. Are they the different weapons? If so, which one is which?

On an unrelated note, I'm still making progress, but I don't really have much to report since it's all behind-the-scenes, not-really-show-able kinda stuff. Mainly I'm tweaking the physics in PSA. I'm trying to make Volnutt control kind of like Fox. He's a light-weight fast-faller with decent aerial mobility and a low short hop to make combos easier. I figure a combo character with lots of options would make a good brawl equivalent to how he plays in TvC.

Remember, I'm still on the lookout for animators, I'll take anyone who's willing to make even one animation.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
This seems like a translation, so if English is not you're first language, I understand. I can almost follow what you've posted, but I'm not sure what the "faces" mentioned in the Final Smash bit is. Are they the different weapons? If so, which one is which?
I believe the word was supposed to be "phase."

Fen__

Smash Ace
Someone who can emulate TvC really needs to try a memory dump for Volnutt. This would save so much time. Also, I'm glad to hear that you're still working on this. Don't feel pressured to show progress; as long as it's getting done, it's more than can be hoped for with most projects around here.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Someone who can emulate TvC really needs to try a memory dump for Volnutt. This would save so much time. Also, I'm glad to hear that you're still working on this. Don't feel pressured to show progress; as long as it's getting done, it's more than can be hoped for with most projects around here.
I could try, I can get TvC on my computer, but I'm not sure how to memory dump or what I would even do with it.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I could also give it a good shot but I have the same complications, plus Uni is getting pretty demanding of my time.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I DL'd the beta but he does not show up on rob ;_;
Whats up?
That's because he doesn't work. That beta is just a thinly disguised way of providing a download for the MDL0. If you want to get it to run, make sure it's a .pcs first. I recommend against it, though, it's not playable and is prone to crashing. (I think it's the one before the bone fix, it might play fine for all I know)

D1337

Smash Apprentice
That's because he doesn't work. That beta is just a thinly disguised way of providing a download for the MDL0. If you want to get it to run, make sure it's a .pcs first. I recommend against it, though, it's not playable and is prone to crashing. (I think it's the one before the bone fix, it might play fine for all I know)
So if i am to try out this risky beta should I rename the .PCS to .PAC?
Im curious to know if it crashes :o

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
So if i am to try out this risky beta should I rename the .PCS to .PAC?
Im curious to know if it crashes :o
Convert it in Brawlbox. But really, he doesn't do anything. No animations unless you have the motionetc (which hasn't been released yet) and no changed moves. It's just a broken ROB with Volnutt's T-Stance for everything.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No offense to anyone because i dont kno but by my judgement...

This project is flat out dead....
So nobody posts for one single day and you automatically label it as dead? Aren't you just brilliant? >_>

Keep waiting patiently with your mouth shut. It's Sunday. People have other stuff to do.

Besides, they just posted some pics a page or two back. Plus they seem to still need more animators. o_o

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
So nobody posts for one single day and you automatically label it as dead? Aren't you just brilliant? >_>

Keep waiting patiently with your mouth shut. It's Sunday. People have other stuff to do.

Besides, they just posted some pics a page or two back. Plus they seem to still need more animators. o_o
Xscuse me for stating my opnion and i havent seen progress or any updates in a very long time sorry i thought it was dead

D1337

Smash Apprentice

Its been more than day o- o I check this thread religiously
But I refuse to believe this is dead. :D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
1 day, two days, either way it's no excuse to say it's dead. It'll be done when it's done, like all things in life.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
1 day, two days, either way it's no excuse to say it's dead. It'll be done when it's done, like all things in life.
Well, aren't you philosophical :p

Anyway I checked back a few pages and saw some of what you mentioned. Its great! I love it but why does Megaman have 2 drills? I know its like how Zero has 2 Z-busters but I never understood why its like that. Educate me on this please.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Xscuse me for stating my opnion and i havent seen progress or any updates in a very long time sorry i thought it was dead
Whether or not the project is still being worked on isn't a matter of opinion. At least read the most recent posts in a thread before you post. Digiholic JUST said one or two days ago that he is still working on this.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Well, aren't you philosophical :p

Anyway I checked back a few pages and saw some of what you mentioned. Its great! I love it but why does Megaman have 2 drills? I know its like how Zero has 2 Z-busters but I never understood why its like that. Educate me on this please.
Well, have you ever played TvC? Basically, the models and animations are made to be mirrored depending on which way they're facing, like the sprites in the old 2D fighters. It's a subtle effect, brilliant in TvC, but makes using the models elsewhere a bit of a pain. Volnutt always uses one hand for his gun and the other for his switchable weapons (fist, rapid fire, shield and drill), and these swap if he faces the other way, which is why the model has both sets on both hands. Zero has two busters for the same reason.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Woah, woah, woah, don't go saying this is dead. I haven't posted much because I'm a full-time college student with finals coming up next week. While it's true that I haven't made much progress, it's mainly because of the fact that I am almost entirely incapable of animating, which is what 90% of the work is.

I know progress is slow as hell right now, but we don't have quite as many talented people as the Zero project (no offense to anyone on team Volnutt, of course, but it's hard competing with BigSharkZ and Eldiran and the like)

I WILL finish this. I've wanted MegaMan in Smash Bros since Smash 64. Now that we've got the chance, I'm going to take it.

If you're not satisfied with the speed, please help. Any little bit that you can offer can speed up production greatly. I'll just go ahead and release the stuff I've gotten so far (it isn't much) so anyone who wants to can fiddle with his PAC or tweak an animation or two and re-upload it. Expect it up within the week.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Woah, woah, woah, don't go saying this is dead. I haven't posted much because I'm a full-time college student with finals coming up next week. While it's true that I haven't made much progress, it's mainly because of the fact that I am almost entirely incapable of animating, which is what 90% of the work is.

I know progress is slow as hell right now, but we don't have quite as many talented people as the Zero project (no offense to anyone on team Volnutt, of course, but it's hard competing with BigSharkZ and Eldiran and the like)

I WILL finish this. I've wanted MegaMan in Smash Bros since Smash 64. Now that we've got the chance, I'm going to take it.

If you're not satisfied with the speed, please help. Any little bit that you can offer can speed up production greatly. I'll just go ahead and release the stuff I've gotten so far (it isn't much) so anyone who wants to can fiddle with his PAC or tweak an animation or two and re-upload it. Expect it up within the week.
Dude, I know how you feel I loved megaman since my first MM game (X4) and i to want him in brawl. I wish I could help but I use a mac and from what I know Brawlbox is out of my reach. But if you need help with moves, weight suggestions....which, to be honest does not seem like it'll be much help at all but im willing to do what I can to help you.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Step 1: Stop speaking "leetspeak".

Step 2: Try either VMware or WINE. VMware could be ran under OSX, but would require a Windows key. WINE would be run under Linux/some other Unix OS, so it wouldn't actually cost you anything, but you'd have to install a new partition on your hard drive (not difficult). VMware would take less effort if you're willing to buy a Windows key (if you don't have one), but the WINE method wouldn't cost anything.

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit!

This all assumes you'll be doing things completely legally, of course.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Step 1: Stop speaking "leetspeak".

Step 2: Try either VMware or WINE. VMware could be ran under OSX, but would require a Windows key. WINE would be run under Linux/some other Unix OS, so it wouldn't actually cost you anything, but you'd have to install a new partition on your hard drive (not difficult). VMware would take less effort if you're willing to buy a Windows key (if you don't have one), but the WINE method wouldn't cost anything.

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit!

This all assumes you'll be doing things completely legally, of course.
Well first things is first:
l\l0...

Hmmm....eh, I dont have time to be legal I think I have a better chance just getting a windows.
But thanks for trying to help.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Yes Yes Yes!!! Can't wait to try this out. Oh man this is such a huge step for Megaman fans. Thanks!
Don't expect much, his moves are unchanged from ROB's, just his physics (which still need to be tweaked)

It's good to go for testing purposes (it shouldn't cause any crashes any more) but not for gameplay purposes.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Don't expect much, his moves are unchanged from ROB's, just his physics (which still need to be tweaked)

It's good to go for testing purposes (it shouldn't cause any crashes any more) but not for gameplay purposes.
Well duh, I know that but every update is progress. I just really wanted to see the model and its good no bugs or anything. Cant wait for the PSA and alt colors. May i ask what you have in mind for the colors? I saw the gold one and Zero (really nice) but what other colors do you have in mind. I have a few ideas if you interested.

Top Bottom