• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Last chance to submit new artwork. At the start of next week, submissions close and voting begins. I'll be updating the OP soon to clean it up and organize it some more. Also, there's still more people who haven't submitted signatures yet. If you don't submit a signature by the time art voting ends and you're a signing supporter, you will be made a non-signing supporter.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Last chance to submit new artwork. At the start of next week, submissions close and voting begins. I'll be updating the OP soon to clean it up and organize it some more. Also, there's still more people who haven't submitted signatures yet. If you don't submit a signature by the time art voting ends and you're a signing supporter, you will be made a non-signing supporter.
Can you make me Rocket Raccoon instead of Vegito2727

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Do you have the literal signatures?

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
The fact that you can't switch to a text-only mode when editing a post really gets under my skin.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Well if theres only a week left I'll just submit what I've got.

Good to see this back up and running.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
THANK YOU SAKURAI

You gave me my a game where I can play as some of my favourite characters of all time.

Kirby
Rosalina
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Greninja

8-Player Smash looks fantastic
Smash Run is awesome
The new stage builder looks drool worthy

Please add me to the non-sign area.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Could I be in the nonsigning supporter? What does that mean exactly? Would I be mentioned via user name on this thing or something? Cause that would be perfect! Could this be put on?
Thank you Sakurai! You have done so much good to the Smash Series, and I will forever respect you not only as a game developer and the Smash Bros Series creator, but also as an amazing gamer and person. I will forever respect you for what you have given everyone, despite your health and tendon problems. You have brougth so much humor and fun for all of us, and I do not know where we would be without you.
Sincerely,
Captain Norris.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
THANK YOU SAKURAI

You gave me my a game where I can play as some of my favourite characters of all time.

Kirby
Rosalina
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Greninja

8-Player Smash looks fantastic
Smash Run is awesome
The new stage builder looks drool worthy

Please add me to the non-sign area.
Okay!
Could I be in the nonsigning supporter? What does that mean exactly? Would I be mentioned via user name on this thing or something? Cause that would be perfect! Could this be put on?
Thank you Sakurai! You have done so much good to the Smash Series, and I will forever respect you not only as a game developer and the Smash Bros Series creator, but also as an amazing gamer and person. I will forever respect you for what you have given everyone, despite your health and tendon problems. You have brougth so much humor and fun for all of us, and I do not know where we would be without you.
Sincerely,
Captain Norris.
Well for the message, we actually had a poll awhile back to decide what the message would be, and right now WindozeNT and I need that poll's results. I'm afraid the chances are rather slim of having that on here.
Non signing will have there name on the card.

@ WindozeNT WindozeNT your gonna need to update the op with new non signers and art! I can't really do that.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Okay!

Well for the message, we actually had a poll awhile back to decide what the message would be, and right now WindozeNT and I need that poll's results. I'm afraid the chances are rather slim of having that on here.
Non signing will have there name on the card.

@ WindozeNT WindozeNT your gonna need to update the op with new non signers and art! I can't really do that.
that is fine! Just put my name on it!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Message voting:

Message 1 (@Shin F. )
Dear Masahiro Sakurai, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into your games! We all enjoy and appreciate them very much. We all support you and wish you the best. We hope that the condition of your arms improves.
Message 2 (@ Pacack Pacack )
Dear Mr. Masahiro Sakurai,

We, the members of smashboards, would like to present to you this token of our appreciation for the effort that you put into your work. In the following pages are a few faces that you should be intimately familiar with. We've tried to do them justice and hope that this card brings you some of the same joy that you have brought to us.

Thank you and get well soon,
Your overseas fans.
Message 3 (Slight tweak of Message 2 by @Networker1 )
Dear Mr. Masahiro Sakurai,

We, the members of smashboards, would like to present to you this token of our appreciation for the effort that you put into your work. Thank you so much and get well soon, we have a great respect for your ability to work under these extreme circumstances. We've tried to do your characters justice and hope that this card brings you some of the same joy that you have brought to us.

Your overseas fans.
Message 4 (@Glaciacott )
Dear Sakurai-San,

Your work as a developer has been nothing short of admirable. From Kirby to Meteos, Smash Brothers to Kid Icarus, and everything in between, you have shaped our fantasies and given us stories and enjoyment unlike anything else.
We, the members of Smashboards, appreciate all the work you have done and wish to deeply thank you for everything. As a token of our gratitude, we share with you our humble recreations of the many names and characters you gave to us with your work. May they serve as a reminder of the inspiration and joy you bring to us all.

Ganbare!
- Your fans
Message 5 (@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 )
Dear Mr.Masahiro Sakurai.

Thank you, from all of the overseas Smash fans. For never failing to bring excellent Super Smash Bros. titles into the world. Also, thank the amazing and talented development team, for their skills as well. We also would like to mention the excellent people working on this game at Namco, and Sora Ltd. Every single one of you is talented and hard working, and great at making games. We all hope your arms are doing okay. You have created 2 amazing game series, Kirby and Super Smash Bros, and we feel Nintendo would be different without them. You also made the great game of Kid Icuras: Uprising, and we are grateful for that. You and the developers at Namco and Sora Ltd. are truly skilled with games, and all of your fans congratulate you on that. Please accept this small card of our appreciation, which is little compared to all you have done. Thank you. To every one working hard for our enjoyment and entertainment.

From the overseas fans at Smashboards.

Vote on the message here.

Do not vote for your own message. If you do, I will remove you from the project.
THIS IS THE POLL I WAS TALKING ABOUT! PLEASE VOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T, AS THE POLL WILL ALSO BE FINISHED BY THE END OF THIS WEEK!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Everyone's added to non-signing and @ relaxedexcorcist relaxedexcorcist 's Viridi is on there now. Sorry @ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 , I stopped getting notifications for the thread for some reason and was busy writing the new OP format (which has yet to be put up).

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
When completed this has to say "thank you Sakurai and the entire SSB4 crew" or something similar. SSB4 was not a one man show. A whole team helped to create this game. You should not just thank Sakurai and forget the rest of the team that spent countless hours developing this game as well.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
When completed this has to say "thank you Sakurai and the entire SSB4 crew" or something similar. SSB4 was not a one man show. A whole team helped to create this game. You should not just thank Sakurai and forget the rest of the team that spent countless hours developing this game as well.
I think we'll do that at the end. But the messages are at the top, if you don't like any of them, don't vote.​

the8thark

Smash Lord
I think we'll do that at the end. But the messages are at the top, if you don't like any of them, don't vote.​
I didn't say I don't like any of the messages. You are just assuming this. I do like one of the messages and I voted on it. Strange your poll goes 51234 instead of 12345 but still I voted.

I just said what I said here because I have been keeping up to date with this as much as I can, and it seems to be a lot of Sakurai praise which is very nice but not much praise for the countless others who also made big sacrifices to make SSB4 possible. I personally think they deserve as much praise as Sakurai does.

I have yet to scan my signature in. But I'll need to know the best way to get the scan of it to you, as it is something I'd want securely sent in, as it is personal information about me.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I didn't say I don't like any of the messages. You are just assuming this. I do like one of the messages and I voted on it. Strange your poll goes 51234 instead of 12345 but still I voted.

I just said what I said here because I have been keeping up to date with this as much as I can, and it seems to be a lot of Sakurai praise which is very nice but not much praise for the countless others who also made big sacrifices to make SSB4 possible. I personally think they deserve as much praise as Sakurai does.

I have yet to scan my signature in. But I'll need to know the best way to get the scan of it to you, as it is something I'd want securely sent in, as it is personal information about me.
Okay then. I think it's set to random order or something but I don't know, as it's Pacack's poll. I'm sorry I assumed you didn't, I was just saying that if you did not like any of them.

Yes, I do think that Sakurai praise is high, and the other team members deserve notice, and I will add something to the end like you suggested.

Sorry for mis-communication.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Okay then. I think it's set to random order or something but I don't know, as it's Pacack's poll. I'm sorry I assumed you didn't, I was just saying that if you did not like any of them.

Yes, I do think that Sakurai praise is high, and the other team members deserve notice, and I will add something to the end like you suggested.

Sorry for mis-communication.
Thank you very much for that.

A question. Do Nintendo Japan accept outside mail? I was thinking maybe you could use registered post and snail mail thing thing to him and also twitter him to make sure that he knows it's on the way. As much as I think a digital present is great, I do think a physical thing he can hold and show the entire team would be amazing too. But that has some serious cost in printing and making it look professionally done. So that would have to be taken into account as well.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Thank you very much for that.

A question. Do Nintendo Japan accept outside mail? I was thinking maybe you could use registered post and snail mail thing thing to him and also twitter him to make sure that he knows it's on the way. As much as I think a digital present is great, I do think a physical thing he can hold and show the entire team would be amazing too. But that has some serious cost in printing and making it look professionally done. So that would have to be taken into account as well.
I'll look it up, as I have no clue.
EDIT: Can't find anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom