• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

the8thark

Smash Lord
Nothing on that either.
Digital it is.
I found Nintendo Japan's address with a quick google address. Well what others claim it is, but all the sources are giving me the same address so it looks legit. Not too hard to find. The main question though is will they actually open our mail if we post it there or will they just bin it, realising it has not come from an official source?

[edit] I've found a partial address for Sora LTD. But I'm still looking for the full address.
You could sent it to Sora, c/o Nintendo and maybe it'll get passed on. Or there is a 3rd option. Actually getting one of our Japanese speakers to twitter him and find out where would be best to send the physical present.

If you want to stick to digital only, that seems fine to me. I just feel digital is less personal. But the thought is there still. So it should be good. Our Japanese translator will have their work cut out for them making sure it's all written correctly, as we want our words translated correctly. Anyway that's all I've found so far. If I find anymore I'll let you know.

Lastly, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put up here the address and partial addresses I've found so you can check the accuracy of what I have found. If you say I am allowed to do this, I'll post the addresses I have found right away.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I found Nintendo Japan's address with a quick google address. Well what others claim it is, but all the sources are giving me the same address so it looks legit. Not too hard to find. The main question though is will they actually open our mail if we post it there or will they just bin it, realising it has not come from an official source?

[edit] I've found a partial address for Sora LTD. But I'm still looking for the full address.
You could sent it to Sora, c/o Nintendo and maybe it'll get passed on. Or there is a 3rd option. Actually getting one of our Japanese speakers to twitter him and find out where would be best to send the physical present.

If you want to stick to digital only, that seems fine to me. I just feel digital is less personal. But the thought is there still. So it should be good. Our Japanese translator will have their work cut out for them making sure it's all written correctly, as we want our words translated correctly. Anyway that's all I've found so far. If I find anymore I'll let you know.

Lastly, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put up here the address and partial addresses I've found so you can check the accuracy of what I have found. If you say I am allowed to do this, I'll post the addresses I have found right away.
I think I'll make sure @ WindozeNT WindozeNT is okay with this. I'm fine with this. We should get a twitter user to send a notice to him to make sure Sakurai knows.
I'm a crappy searcher, so I'm glad you looked.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I think I'll make sure @ WindozeNT WindozeNT is okay with this. I'm fine with this. We should get a twitter user to send a notice to him to make sure Sakurai knows.
I'm a crappy searcher, so I'm glad you looked.
I am. The only problem is how we'd know he actually got it and saw it.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I am. The only problem is how we'd know he actually got it and saw it.
Registered post and you ask the post office for confirmation of arrival of the post. So the post office lets you know that it has arrived to it's destination. But there is a catch. Sakurai might not be picking it up from the post office over there. And secondly me might prefer sent directly to him. In that case you'd have to have it signed for as a delivery confirmation.
In short you can have the delivery confirmed but you can't confirmed he got it "unless he signed for it". Sounds complicated, and it is a little, but your post office will explain it for you.
International registered post with delivery confirmation is not cheap so that's another factor to consider.

I think the best way is to twitter Sakurai and ask him how does he want it. he might say digital is his preference. or he might want it as a physical product. As much as I think a physical product is more personal, it's not about me. It's about what Sakurai wants. So it's probably best to ask him on twitter what method of delivery is the best (digital or physical) and how to get it to him.
I think if you explain who you are, how many people (roughly) are on board with this, and that you're representing (I assume) the most popular and post populous Smash Bros based internet forum in the world, that might help him know where the present is coming from and not think it's just one person with a crappy little gift.

I think (and we all hope) once he knows all this, he will be willing to give us the details we need to make this happen. But best to get our Japanese speaker to tweet him in Japanese. I think he'd appreciate this.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Registered post and you ask the post office for confirmation of arrival of the post. So the post office lets you know that it has arrived to it's destination. But there is a catch. Sakurai might not be picking it up from the post office over there. And secondly me might prefer sent directly to him. In that case you'd have to have it signed for as a delivery confirmation.
In short you can have the delivery confirmed but you can't confirmed he got it "unless he signed for it". Sounds complicated, and it is a little, but your post office will explain it for you.
International registered post with delivery confirmation is not cheap so that's another factor to consider.

I think the best way is to twitter Sakurai and ask him how does he want it. he might say digital is his preference. or he might want it as a physical product. As much as I think a physical product is more personal, it's not about me. It's about what Sakurai wants. So it's probably best to ask him on twitter what method of delivery is the best (digital or physical) and how to get it to him.
I think if you explain who you are, how many people (roughly) are on board with this, and that you're representing (I assume) the most popular and post populous Smash Bros based internet forum in the world, that might help him know where the present is coming from and not think it's just one person with a crappy little gift.

I think (and we all hope) once he knows all this, he will be willing to give us the details we need to make this happen. But best to get our Japanese speaker to tweet him in Japanese. I think he'd appreciate this.
I wasn't talking about delivery confirmation, I was referring to him actually looking at it. For all we know, someone can just sign on his behalf, see it's from an unofficial source, and get rid of it before Sakurai can get his hands on it. Although that's unlikely, there's always a small chance.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about delivery confirmation, I was referring to him actually looking at it. For all we know, someone can just sign on his behalf, see it's from an unofficial source, and get rid of it before Sakurai can get his hands on it. Although that's unlikely, there's always a small chance.
I see your point. And this is a issue. It might be a point you have put in the twitter message to Sakurai.
But how will you put all this within 160 characters. You'd probably need more. Will he read a link in a twitter message that links to your longer message to him with all the details and questions in it you need to ask hum to make this possible.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I see your point. And this is a issue. It might be a point you have put in the twitter message to Sakurai.
But how will you put all this within 160 characters. You'd probably need more. Will he read a link in a twitter message that links to your longer message to him with all the details and questions in it you need to ask hum to make this possible.
It's actually 140. Usually when I need more characters, I'll just reply to my posts to create a chain and continue the message until it's all written. Sakurai will get all of them because of @Sora_Sakurai being in the post chain. However, in the Mii Fighter board, someone posted a magazine scan that says while Sakurai reads (all?) messages sent to him, he isn't allowed to answer any questions given to him. This may or may not be related to why, but in the same scan, it was said that Sakurai even having a Twitter account was meant to be a Japan-only service. Even though having @Venus of the Desert Bloom post it gets around this, he still might not answer questions we pose to him (slightly irrelevant, but it's also stated that it annoys him when non-Japan people use things like Google Translate to put the message in Japanese).

EDIT: @ Pacack Pacack , can you send me and @ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 a copy of the signatures you have? I want to check against the current signature status list to make sure it's updated.

Also, people who haven't provided their signatures yet needs to by Sunday or they will be changed to non-signing supporters. You can be changed back by uploading a signature.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Is the List of Twitter Users only for Japanese speakers? If not, put me on it. (my handle is the same as my username)

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Is the List of Twitter Users only for Japanese speakers? If not, put me on it. (my handle is the same as my username)
No, anyone can be in it. And I added you now.

Oh the op says you don't have my signature. Thought I submitted it.
Got it! It would be easier to know who has their signature in if @ Pacack Pacack sent them to us.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Is it too late for a picture? If not, Kirby:
I'd like to be a signer please as "Haydossy" If this has already closed, that's fine. I'll edit this post later once I've scanned my sig.

edit:

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Question!!! When are we voting on the artwork cause I would love to vote on some!!
It's going to start tomorrow. @ Haydossy Haydossy , signature and Kirby are up.

EDIT (Attention @ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 and @ Pacack Pacack ): I can't do anything with this project until the mods get rid of this CloudFlare bulls**t. Each time I try to edit the OP, changes are immediately thrown out by DDoS protection, which pops up every 5 seconds.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
It may be past deadline, but considering I'm already listed as a signing supporter (and even posted a signature twice), am I allowed to contribute another one? If yes, do you have any deadline specified in which you want me to do it?

I want to let my favorite game designer ever to know I exist.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
It may be past deadline, but considering I'm already listed as a signing supporter (and even posted a signature twice), am I allowed to contribute another one? If yes, do you have any deadline specified in which you want me to do it?

I want to let my favorite game designer ever to know I exist.
Only one signature will be present on the card, but you can submit another one to replace the current one.

This needs to be picked up, I can't believe this is dieing. My internet is back, I posted via friends house earlier. I'll be back in a few hours.
This wouldn't be happening if it weren't for that CloudFlare BS continuously wiping my edits (and intruding everywhere else). Since when do you DDoS a site by editing a post?

And to think I was considering using CloudFlare for one of my sites a few months ago. Good thing I didn't.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Sorry, I'm a bit late, but if it's possible I would be added as non signing supporter. I want to be represented with my nickname, just Iko (the MattOrr part can be omitted).

As I said in my old post (months ago), I did a drawing of Adeleine, it's the one I used for my signature; but unfortunatelly I had no time to make any other drawing (even if I did a sketch of Link, but it needs a lot of work still and I have no time now).

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Thank you!!!
Anyway, I scanned my drawing of Link. It's just a sketch, but if you want you can add this as well (the Adeleine one was a bit rushed too, the thickness of the strokes is all messed up and some details are not very precise, but it's fine like this).
*edited for too many "as well"*

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Thank you!!!
Anyway, I scanned my drawing of Link as well. It's just a sketch, but if you want you can add this as well (the Adeleine one was a bit rushed as well, the thickness of the strokes is all messed up and some details are not very precise, but it's fine like this).
I don't own the OP, but @ WindozeNT WindozeNT will surely add this. Good job.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
ART CONTEST HAS BEGUN. DO NOT SUBMIT ANY NEW ARTWORK. NEW ARTWORK THAT ISN'T AN UPDATE TO A PREVIOUS ONE WILL BE REJECTED.

The first character we are voting for is Mario. Here are the contestants:
[collapse=SmasherMaster]
[/collapse]
[collapse=relaxedexorcist]
[/collapse]

Vote for the art you want on the card here! Poll closes Wednesday!
@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 @ Pacack Pacack @APC99

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Mind putting me in the non-signer or Twitter list?
My Twitter name is @StarBot_

I don't know if the art contest is over or not.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
WOOOOOO!

Thank you soooo much @WindozeNT!
The DDoS (anti)protection nonsense stopped (likely got disabled) so I was able to edit the post. If it hadn't been for CloudFlare (which started kicking me out not long after getting ownership of the OP), this would have started much sooner.

Put me as a non-signer please! Great idea by the way!
Mind putting me in the non-signer or Twitter list?
My Twitter name is @StarBot_
Added!

I don't know if the art contest is over or not.
Art submission is over unless you're updating a previous submission that hasn't or isn't being voted for yet.
The art contest, however, has just started and voting takes place a character at a time. Currently, Mario is being voted for. Wednesday, his poll ends and Luigi's begins. Each poll lasts 5 days, starting on the day it launches.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Should we remove Snake? He was cut...
Also, should we do a poll about the Mii Fighters, Pacman, Robin, Shulk, Lucina, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr? Or is it too late for them?

I voted for @ relaxedexcorcist relaxedexcorcist . Two reasons.
1) What kind of person votes for themselves?
2) I do think that they have a better Mario. Mine feels like it fell into the uncanny valley.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Should we remove Snake? He was cut...
Also, should we do a poll about the Mii Fighters, Pacman, Robin, Shulk, Lucina, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr? Or is it too late for them?
If we do end up doing a poll and submission for new art (for new characters), maybe it would be best to run it alongside the voting on the other art.

Top Bottom