• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oh, btw, I drew King Dedede and Greninja. Will color 'em and scan them later.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, btw, I drew King Dedede and Greninja. Will color 'em and scan them later.
Thanks APC. Look forward to seeing it.

Message 1 (@Shin F. )
Dear Masahiro Sakurai, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into your games! We all enjoy and appreciate them very much. We all support you and wish you the best. We hope that the condition of your arms improves.
Message 2 (@ Pacack Pacack )
Dear Mr. Masahiro Sakurai,

We, the members of smashboards, would like to present to you this token of our appreciation for the effort that you put into your work. In the following pages are a few faces that you should be intimately familiar with. We've tried to do them justice and hope that this card brings you some of the same joy that you have brought to us.

Thank you and get well soon,
Your overseas fans.
Message 3 (Slight tweak of Message 2 by @Networker1 )
Dear Mr. Masahiro Sakurai,

We, the members of smashboards, would like to present to you this token of our appreciation for the effort that you put into your work. Thank you so much and get well soon, we have a great respect for your ability to work under these extreme circumstances. We've tried to do your characters justice and hope that this card brings you some of the same joy that you have brought to us.

Your overseas fans.
Message 4 (@Glaciacott )
Dear Sakurai-San,

Your work as a developer has been nothing short of admirable. From Kirby to Meteos, Smash Brothers to Kid Icarus, and everything in between, you have shaped our fantasies and given us stories and enjoyment unlike anything else.
We, the members of Smashboards, appreciate all the work you have done and wish to deeply thank you for everything. As a token of our gratitude, we share with you our humble recreations of the many names and characters you gave to us with your work. May they serve as a reminder of the inspiration and joy you bring to us all.

Ganbare!
- Your fans
Message 5 (@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 )
Dear Mr.Masahiro Sakurai.

Thank you, from all of the overseas Smash fans. For never failing to bring excellent Super Smash Bros. titles into the world. Also, thank the amazing and talented development team, for their skills as well. We also would like to mention the excellent people working on this game at Namco, and Sora Ltd. Every single one of you is talented and hard working, and great at making games. We all hope your arms are doing okay. You have created 2 amazing game series, Kirby and Super Smash Bros, and we feel Nintendo would be different without them. You also made the great game of Kid Icuras: Uprising, and we are grateful for that. You and the developers at Namco and Sora Ltd. are truly skilled with games, and all of your fans congratulate you on that. Please accept this small card of our appreciation, which is little compared to all you have done. Thank you. To every one working hard for our enjoyment and entertainment.

A fan,
Luigi#1.
And the rest of the overseas fans.
Vote on the message here.
Do not vote for your own message. If you do, I will remove you from the project.
Reposting this because of the new page.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
P.S. don't forget about us competitive players ;) (should be on the card :p)
I hope your kidding. Making a thank you card then being like "Also can you do this for me?" is, well, both out of place, and a bit rude.

Also, I am asking several people on a forum I know if they can sign and/or make art.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh my god thank you.
But if I ask you to edit again say no.
Cause that would be a bit unfair.

Thank you, from all of the overseas Smash fans. For never failing to bring excellent Super Smash Bros. titles into the world. Also, thank the amazing and talented development team, for their skills as well. We also would like to mention the excellent people working on this game at Namco, and Sora Ltd. Every single one of you is talented and hard working, and great at making games. We all hope your arms are doing okay. You have created 2 amazing game series, Kirby and Super Smash Bros, and we feel Nintendo would be different without them. You also made the great game of Kid Icuras: Uprising, and we are grateful for that. You and the developers at Namco and Sora Ltd. are truly skilled with games, and all of your fans congratulate you on that. Please accept this small card of our appreciation, which is little compared to all you have done. Thank you. To every one working hard for our enjoyment and entertainment.

A fan,
Luigi#1.
And the rest of the overseas fans.

Quote this and fix it, and I'll update it on the poll area.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

From the overseas fans at Smashboards.

K, fixed.

Also, you seem to have Little Mac under no pictures made yet, but he has 3.
Adeline and generic Waddle Dee too. But those 2 aren't colored in, so if it has to be colored in to be correct, then okay.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

From the overseas fans at Smashboards.

K, fixed.

Also, you seem to have Little Mac under no pictures made yet, but he has 3.
Adeline and generic Waddle Dee too. But those 2 aren't colored in, so if it has to be colored in to be correct, then okay.
I'll update it!

And thanks for telling me. I'll fix that.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oops, I guess I just assumed because he was in smash run. My apologies.
Definitely consider drawing more for this. I'd have gladly accepted it if it had been a character on the list.

(And your assumption was perfectly understandable. Keep in mind, however, that the Kirby section is meant to be an appreciation of the Kirby series as a whole, and the characters that were voted best for that were Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Gooey, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Knuckle Joe, and Adeline.)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Note: For the characters with only one piece of artwork, there will be a "not this" option. If a piece of art is kicked out, then the character will be added to the list for Art Phase 3. Just a heads up.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Note: For the characters with only one piece of artwork, there will be a "not this" option. If a piece of art is kicked out, then the character will be added to the list for Art Phase 3. Just a heads up.
Oh thank god good bye my little Gooey.
Also Volnutt has his signature, yet he isn't checked off. Sorry for pointing out little errors, I just have an eye for these things.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0164.JPG

Eggplant Wizard.....i did this one really quick....i did not wanted to take so much time on an eggplant that has a face......

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Made new Gooey, not sure if as bad or not. Which do you think is better, my original one or

Only choose one, as I'd find it as unfair if 2 Gooey's of mine were the only Gooey's, because there would be no not this one, so please if this one is better remove my last one.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
View attachment 13059

Eggplant Wizard.....i did this one really quick....i did not wanted to take so much time on an eggplant that has a face......
You're the best, you know that?

Made new Gooey, not sure if as bad or not. Which do you think is better, my original one or

Only choose one, as I'd find it as unfair if 2 Gooey's of mine were the only Gooey's, because there would be no not this one, so please if this one is better remove my last one.
Thinking about it, I'll just add a "none of these" for multiples and a "not this" for singles. That'll ensure we get a good piece of art.

I prefer this one personally. Would you like the other one to be deleted?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Thinking about it, I'll just add a "none of these" for multiples and a "not this" for singles. That'll ensure we get a good piece of art.

I prefer this one personally. Would you like the other one to be deleted?
I will have one deleted if 3 people all together say one is better than the other.
So far Computer 2, Paper 0. [I like the Computer one better too.
If I had a tablet I could do better.

Top Bottom