• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: SAVE THE SEA!! Brawl Tournament ~ October 9 in New Iberia, LA

'V'

Smash Lord
Blaine usually comes and goes as he pleases. He's just that kind of laid-back guy, which is pretty cool. Try PM'ing him I guess.

'V'

Smash Lord
I let people call me a lot of things as long as the names aren't suggestive or stupid.

V is fine. Lots of people have called me different variations of it also.

'V'

Smash Lord
I lol. Haven't you payed attention. Redson could care less about brawl any game. He's in bed with Melty Blood right now.
I still hate smash, Bomber. Yet I still come to events. I just like to see people, as silly as some may be. lol

'V'

Smash Lord
Curlz, you should probably raise the entry fee to $10.

And you'll probably have to stall quite a few matches. A lot of people are gonna be late.

Good excuse for a bump post.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I was thinking about waiting until 6 or 7 to just start singles instead of doing both events and making singles $10. Since most people were gonna enter both anyway, it would be $10 altogether.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Indeed.

The only problem is that the NOLA crew won't be showing up until around 8:00 assuming they wait for Jio. That's 4 matches I'm gonna have to stall.

'V'

Smash Lord
You'll probably have to skip ahead and do some matches in the next round as well just to not waste any time.

Think of like... A $1 challenge of some sort for the people who are already there.

'V'

Smash Lord
I didn't get that.
Have you heard of something called the "Bowser Challenge"? It's where there's 3 Bowsers on a team on whatever stage aim to beat one person without losing any of their stocks. We chose Lylat as the stage at my house one time, though it should be Battlefield now I think. Team attack is off.

What you do is you have some volunteers who will be the Bowsers and the challengers will attempt to try to take as many stocks off of the Bowsers as they can. The person who takes the most stocks wins.

$1 Entry fee. Winner takes all. I guess you could do that to stall.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I sense a Falcon Challenge. ;]

Good Idea Vaughn. :]

If no one wins should I give the money to the venue or put it in the pot or something?

Edit:

1,000th Post!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser Challenge in Melee or Brawl? Bowser Challenge in Brawl is so stupid. XD

'V'

Smash Lord
It's up to Curlz to decide what challenge he'd like to do. We'll have Melee with us, so we could do the Melee Bowser challenge if he wants to.

Edit: Speaking of which, Sudai did you make a decision on whether you're going or not?

Sudai

Stuff here
Still not 100%. I realized, though, that if I came, I'd just go straight to Laffy. Doesn't make sense for me to drive through Laffy to BR then back to Laffy. lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Curlz should do the Brawl Bowser Challenge just to see how broken it is. Like...if you take off even ONE stock off a Bowser, the Bowser's just aren't doing it right.

'V'

Smash Lord
Still not 100%. I realized, though, that if I came, I'd just go straight to Laffy. Doesn't make sense for me to drive through Laffy to BR then back to Laffy. lol
True that... lol I guess I could just bring JNig. I still don't know whether I'm bringing Nick or not. Randall's still up for carpooling with someone too.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the challenge is to wait for OoT (Out of Town, Vaughn) to show up. So it'll most likely be the locals playing. We don't have a big competitive scene here (duh) so it'll be 3 locals, who probably don't use Falcon/Bowser, against other locals/me/Flounda.

And when Vaughn said "winner take all" I thought he meant whoever wins the entire falcon challenge. My mistake, I'll give it to whoever takes the most stocks off. I won't enter that way it'll give a local a chance to make more money instead of losing $10 to Lee.

Edit:

Also, Vaughn, if you can could you pick up NiTEZ too?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Curlz should do the Brawl Bowser Challenge just to see how broken it is. Like...if you take off even ONE stock off a Bowser, the Bowser's just aren't doing it right.
Eh...I dunno about all that.

But yeah bowser challenge in brawl is just slow and lacks all of the OH FU-- moments that it had in melee. The Falcon and Zelda challenges are ridiculous in brawl, though.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Indeed.

The only problem is that the NOLA crew won't be showing up until around 8:00 assuming they wait for Jio. That's 4 matches I'm gonna have to stall.
8 o clock? how far away is newberia from NOLA? If its that far I might not go just so I won't be holding everyone up.

edit: Didn't know this place was 2 hours away, I don't really want to make the punctual ppl wait so I'll pass on this one.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its about the same length as Laffy is from Nola. About 2 - 2.5 hours.

According to Google Maps is 2 hours and 27 minutes.

According to MapQuest its 2 hours and 18 minutes.

Edit: Vaughn, what time should you be expected to be there?

'V'

Smash Lord
I really don't know... I'm carpooling Jnig I know. And Nick still hasn't gotten back to me. I'll go to LA Thread and ask around...

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Ok, about the doubles thing: If you start at 5, then get singles started around 7, shouldn't we have time for doubles? By the time singles will start, doubles will mostly be out of the way. I REALLY want doubles here! At the start, it'll be probably Laffy people, (most of)BR people, Houma people, and whoever else. Yall make it sound like NO is gonna bring half the entrants! More like 1/4, but still.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Well, it all really depends on how many people show up on time. If we have a decent amount of people there by 5, we'll do teams.

I really want to do doubles too. I'll probably decide on the day of.

'V'

Smash Lord
I should most likely know who I'm bringing with me by tonight. So far I have Justin. I have a feeling if Sudai wants to go, he'll just go there on his way from Ruston. So that leaves Nick. I'll ask him again later.

If he doesn't come, then I'll have a free seat.

Top Bottom