• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: SAVE THE SEA!! Brawl Tournament ~ October 9 in New Iberia, LA

'V'

Smash Lord
I'll help you out, Curlz if it's needed. Where's your setup list?

In any case, I'll most likely have a Melee setup that can also be used for a Brawl setup in case you need it, which might be the case. I'll bring the TV too and SD card just in case.

Sudai, wanna carpool?

Sudai

Stuff here
Vaughn, if we carpool, just bring your TV. I'll have my Wii Bag which has my Wii, S64/Melee/Brawl/B+ and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (as of like, noon today, haha). :]

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ok. So with both of you we have 1 full setup. Cool.

Also, I forgot that this was on a friday so opening up earlier than 4 might be a problem for people still in school that plan on coming to this. Josh said he'll be willing to open the doors at 3 to set up but I don't think we should start the tournament until 4:30-5. I'm asking if he'll be willing to stay later than 11.

If not it'll be a 6 hour tourny.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If I'm there, I'll prolly help if you ask, but the biggest issue with a big turn out is that even if you have someone experienced running it, you're gonna need a decent amount of time. 6-8 set-ups won't cut it if you're looking to run it in 7ish hours with more than 35 people.
hmm... Well I will talk with Metasonic about this matter. What I'll probably end up doing is just ask for more set ups because for any sized tournament I guess you can never have too many set ups. Plus even if the turn out is 20 people, if we get like 10 set ups, things would go very smoothly.

Sudai

Stuff here
Actually, it IS possible to have too many setups. 36 people at a tourney with 19 setups will always have 1 unused setup, including friendlies. ;]

'V'

Smash Lord
Try to aim to get more setups, guys. You'll need more if you wanna get things done faster. Trust me on this.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Actually, it IS possible to have too many setups. 36 people at a tourney with 19 setups will always have 1 unused setup, including friendlies. ;]
If that happens we'll hook up cable to it and watch Cartoon Network.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, I just like being overly technical some times. :p
Well seeing as RJ, MetaSonic and I have never run a tourny and only one of us knows how to work the basics of TIO. I want to make things go as smoothly as possible. I'm going to give RJ and MetaSonic, my copy of TIO to play with on their free time because I know Vaughn said he'd help if necessary but I'm not about to dump the whole tourny on him.

'V'

Smash Lord
It's really not that hard to do tourney stuff. I pretty much planned out everything I needed to do and studied tio for about 10 minutes. The rest of it was just getting everyone to bring stuff and play their matches.

I can bring the Megaphone if you'd like. =D

Curlz

Smash Lord
I just talked to Josh. He let me push the time an hour earlier to start and an hour later to finish.

So we have from 4pm - 12am.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Yeah. The thing is, I don't want to keep him out too late for the first time we use the venue. I want to leave on a good note.

So I want us packed and out of the venue by 12:00am.

'V'

Smash Lord
Alright, guys. This event's coming up at the end of this week. Can we possibly get a few more setups for this? Maybe one more TV just in case?

Sudai, what time will you get to BR so we can leave? I'm basically done with school at 1:30, so we should probably leave around 3-ish? Lemme know soon.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm still not 100% on if I'm going. I need to spend -some- time with my family this weekend. If I do go, though, I'll be in BR around 4-6. So chances are I prolly wouldn't be able to go anyway. x.x

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Whoever is driving from BR, could you bring me?

If no one from BR is coming, can someone from NO pick me up on their way?

I'll make sure to help out as much as possible this time around. That random tourney at LSU gave me a little experience as a TO, and I like it!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Justin, I might be going. If so, you're welcome to ride.

Curlz, how lenient can you be? I might be able to make it for 6, but let's say I don't get there until 7:00pm. Would that be too late? I'd probably have my two TVs and at least one Wii.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lenient to the extent it won't make the tournament run later than an hour longer than it needs to be. But if you're gonna be 30 minutes late I'm sure I can work something out.

I'll Vaughn to help me out, so it shouldn't be too painful.

Sudai

Stuff here
Curlz, you can always add Randall to the bracket and just do his match last. Then there's also the "You'll auto-lose your match if you're not here by the time R1 is done and then you get sent to loser's and can pick up from there," but that's all between you and Randall. Just saying that even if he's late, the tourney doesn't necessarily need to be delayed. ;]

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm not a big fan of the "auto you-lose" thing. It killed me to do that at MechaCon (especially since only 50 out of the 104 showed up).

But yeah. Randall, if you end up being extremely late, you might have to auto-lose.

Sudai

Stuff here
You can also probably play through a number of loser's bracket matches before having to resort to that too, sooooooo, chances are, even at an hour late, Randall wouldn't be too late.

Top Bottom