• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We can't do that package thing because if someone playing Mewtwo goes to a tournament and is put up against someone who plays with Lucario, that wouldn't be fair.

Also, we dumped the physics from Melee... So I'd like to give Mewtwo his exact Melee physics for this release :). So send me the pac before you release so I can do that.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
double post, also we neeed the clone engine to come out we just need someone who can understand what phantom wings has done so far

Matteron

Smash Ace
Guys, currently there are no solutions to having Mewtwo VS. Lucario, so if you don't want to lose lucario, don't use mewtwo, vis versa, anyway, Phantom Wings left, so it will be a while untill anyone(*coughDanterioncough*) will be able to finish it.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Big D: indeed.
He left us to go hack Super Mario Galaxy(2) (which is pretty amazing).
I see, well I never liked that game anyways.

About our progress: I fixed pretty much all the hitboxes and made his eyes yellow when he is hurt. But I didn't test it yet.
I'll finalize Down B today -if it is Allah's willing-.

EDIT: Actually I'm working on my SD card for now.. I wanna put lotsa stages with the code Dantarion made sometime ago.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>3>; I have access to all the melee dumps too lol.

But uhh, I don't think that actually matters until we finish a Brawl version Mewtwo, since building a character from scratch to match Melee exactly hasn't really been done before...nor should it be done quite yet.

Although the character is kind of drastically changed...so I don't know if its a good idea at all.

tl;dr:
Lets just finish what we have now, balance it for Brawl, then we can make transfers to ProjectM if it is still a sound idea.

-DD

Matteron

Smash Ace
Honestly I think you guys shouldn't use the melee physics, because no other characters use melee physics, I personally think it would feel awkward. You could use melee physics in an alternate version for project M.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
1) Matt, where in CT are you?

2) I forgot what I was going to make side B do originally, so I'm going to make it a one-sided shield blocker thing. Like Pit, except you can't hold it.

3) Doing some fooling around with the current Mewtwo build. My comments:

*Maybe it sounds different with the proper sound effects, but I don't remember Mewtwo making half as much noise in Melee. xD

*I'll have to wait and see the updated animations for the tilts and stuff, so we'll have to see what happens with a lot of the silly-looking animations.

*The model is beautiful. Much love to Mariokart64n.

*Mewtwo does not flow in the air at all. His NAir stops momentum, and I think most of his aerials have a momentum stop somewhere in there. It makes his NAir really hard to chase people with, and really hurts his offstage game.

*His FThrow I think should just be a horizontal push back. This way we can leave his little shadowball shot follow up, and not have to worry about giving it an angle we'll never be able to make. Now we just need to make sure it uses up a charged ball if hes holding one.

tl;dr: I've been out of the loop way too long and it feels like some quality control was looked over, I'm gonna fix it as soon as there is a single mewtwo with all of our little pieces added into it.

-DD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I did. However, the changes in my pac were ignored before. Also we need to put uthrow back how it was in ds22's version >.>

Fyi Pichu has Melee physics right now, and it feels very good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I did. However, the changes in my pac were ignored before. Also we need to put uthrow back how it was in ds22's version >.>

>_> FFFFUUUU-
Well, that's annoying.
There's also way too many graphic effects going on in general. Teleport has sparkles and jazzy bananas and stuff, I don't even know.

TSON, gimme a link to your .pac!
-DD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Ace has my changes already in his new pac afaik. It was the first thing that he did, since I posted it right before he released and he didn't see my post. I can whip up a Melee physics build when he releases so that you guys can play around with that and decide if you want it or not.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
WARNING: Look, reader, whether you like it or not, I have a bad habit of liking to respond to everything posted on Forums, so yeah.

>3>; I have access to all the melee dumps too lol.

But uhh, I don't think that actually matters until we finish a Brawl version Mewtwo, since building a character from scratch to match Melee exactly hasn't really been done before...nor should it be done quite yet.

Although the character is kind of drastically changed...so I don't know if its a good idea at all.

tl;dr:
Lets just finish what we have now, balance it for Brawl, then we can make transfers to ProjectM if it is still a sound idea.

-DD
Exactly, we should just make the moves accordingly, and then go to Physic stuff.

Honestly I think you guys shouldn't use the melee physics, because no other characters use melee physics, I personally think it would feel awkward. You could use melee physics in an alternate version for project M.
Sounds like a good idea too.

1) Matt, where in CT are you?

2) I forgot what I was going to make side B do originally, so I'm going to make it a one-sided shield blocker thing. Like Pit, except you can't hold it.

3) Doing some fooling around with the current Mewtwo build. My comments:

*Maybe it sounds different with the proper sound effects, but I don't remember Mewtwo making half as much noise in Melee. xD

*I'll have to wait and see the updated animations for the tilts and stuff, so we'll have to see what happens with a lot of the silly-looking animations.

*The model is beautiful. Much love to Mariokart64n.

*Mewtwo does not flow in the air at all. His NAir stops momentum, and I think most of his aerials have a momentum stop somewhere in there. It makes his NAir really hard to chase people with, and really hurts his offstage game.

*His FThrow I think should just be a horizontal push back. This way we can leave his little shadowball shot follow up, and not have to worry about giving it an angle we'll never be able to make. Now we just need to make sure it uses up a charged ball if hes holding one.

tl;dr: I've been out of the loop way too long and it feels like some quality control was looked over, I'm gonna fix it as soon as there is a single mewtwo with all of our little pieces added into it.

-DD
Most of the stuff you are talking about is already fixed in my version that I'm editing, so please wait for my Down B.
And sound effects? If you know how time consuming and hard it is, you would never complain. They sound good to me anyways.

TSON fixed the momentum of the aerials
Another pointless quote...

But I just made an awesome Uthrow, I think you would love it. Or are you talking about Pichu? O.o

>_> FFFFUUUU-
Well, that's annoying.
There's also way too many graphic effects going on in general. Teleport has sparkles and jazzy bananas and stuff, I don't even know.

TSON, gimme a link to your .pac!
-DD
Ehh? Again, the one I have looks good.
DARN I can't distinguish stuff because of the major edits that are happening, butohwell.

Ace has my changes already in his new pac afaik. It was the first thing that he did, since I posted it right before he released and he didn't see my post. I can whip up a Melee physics build when he releases so that you guys can play around with that and decide if you want it or not.
Alrighty then.

I played a bit with the new Pichu and I for one gotta say, it feels good.
Cool.
FINE.. I "might" make SFX for Pichu if you guys want me to. :p
I know I said it's hard, but as you can see with Mewtwo, it pays out pretty well.
Now to go test some stuff.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
just about you every time you do that you quote mine and say it's a pointless quote *starts crying (even though i know that this is a pointless post lol)

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
just about you every time you do that you quote mine and say it's a pointless quote *starts crying (even though i know that this is a pointless post lol)
It's not a pointless post, me quoting that post was pointless, so don't get offended.
Man my Mewtwo has a mother load of glitches, gotta revert to the previous version and edit accordingly..
Maybe I should use TSON's stuff as a base, yeah that would be good.
But now it's 11:29 (I love precision.) and I didn't even eat dinner, so I dunno if I would stay overnight for this.
Oh now it's officially 11:30 PM here :p .

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
lol its only 4:30 here but to add sound effects is there a way that you can make you own like you would have the original and how would you add mewtwo sound effects and then lloyd or something because right now most people just release the sfx which is a 100mb file (that part doesn't concern me) but then you can't really choose what you want on it

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Pichu sfx? I would love you long time. ;D

But what was wrong with DS22's old uthrow? It looked exactly like Melee's.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Pichu sfx? I would love you long time. ;D

But what was wrong with DS22's old uthrow? It looked exactly like Melee's.
So what do you want better for tonight? Pichu SFX or Mewtwo fix? I prefer Mewtwo fix.

EDIT:
@Dirtboi
I might make stuff for that later, don't worry.

BTW, I now know why the Run animation makes him go bigger, it's now fixed.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
If you want to do the Mewtwo fix tonight that's fine. No rush on the SFX.
Alright then, I'm currently fixing common bugs and stuff, and making new animations.

Can someone show me how Mewtwo swings the Sword around him while doing the Dash Attack?
Otherwise I'll make it out of imagination.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> I guess I have the wrong version then.
Dammit this is confusing. Ace, just post what you have when you finish it, and then I'll tack my Reflect onto there.

And he doesn't spin the sword around him, he spins it around in front of him. Like a lawn mower or wheel or something.
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
>_> I guess I have the wrong version then.
Dammit this is confusing. Ace, just post what you have when you finish it, and then I'll tack my Reflect onto there.

And he doesn't spin the sword around him, he spins it around in front of him. Like a lawn mower or wheel or something.
-DD
I know, I'm confused even more.
Make reflect, I'll copy it from ya.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, I'm polishing it off now, will post later after I run some errands.

Rofl. I just accidently made Psycho Cutter.
I think I want to keep this one...
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
How can you accidently make a move? Lol.
Psycho cut is awesome, keep it.
>_> I was just plugging some stuff in and fooling around, ended up making Psycho Cut. So now we have Psycho Cut instead of Barrier. XD

Now to play with GFX until it looks awesome.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Its basically a disjointed cycle of hits that go down vertically.

<_< Any graphic effect suggestions?
It currently has the healing sparkles which look really good, so something to add to that to make it more...Psycho Cut and less Sparkle Cut. xD
-DD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Its basically a disjointed cycle of hits that go down vertically.

<_< Any graphic effect suggestions?
It currently has the healing sparkles which look really good, so something to add to that to make it more...Psycho Cut and less Sparkle Cut. xD
-DD
thats pretty legit.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
There's a guy named n1run on YT, he has two videos that show all graphic effects in brawl, check the new one.
Also, add some flash overlays to the twist. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom