• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

SirBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seymorebuts
Current Build: 3.02 V7
NOTE: This build works with hackless, homebrew, and USB loader launching methods! Stop asking if it works with USB loaders!

All the stages are geared toward a competitive aspect and aren't over complicated.
All of Project M's competitive stages have been left alone so that the build is tourney legal too.
There is also a key which can help you decide on which stage to use, it appears when you have no stage selected.

I could actually use some help with this! A star near a name means I'm not sure about the title, if you have a more detailed (or correct) title please let me know so I can correct it!
  • Some Characters have general color overhauls which make them more true to their original game, thanks to the "Smash 3" mod!
  • Some Characters also have elemental effects which were not listed, try them out and see for yourself ;)
  • Pit and marth have custom voice mods.
  • All the costumes follow the character's body and don't change hit/hurt boxes. Some have elemental effects, and some even have voice mods!

Installation Instructions:

Hackless Installation:
  1. Download the pack.
  2. Get an SD card.
  3. Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked).
  4. Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
  5. Put all files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
  6. (Only if Needed) Delete some songs to free up space. (Check the songlist to know what you're deleting, songs are stored in "projectm/pf/sound/strm/")
  7. (Optional) Defrag your SD card.
  8. Ready to play!
If it's not working, make sure that the inside of your SD card (the root) looks like this:

Homebrew Installation:
  1. Follow all the steps in the hackless installation.
  2. Launch Homebrew
  3. Select your launcher, if your SD card is above 2GB, use the new launcher, otherwise use gecko.
Dolphin Installation:
  1. Have this build in a folder in your desktop.
  2. Copy the "Gecko 1931" folder to anywhere of your choosing.
  3. Install Winimage
  4. Download This SD card maker for dolphin/winimage
  5. Run the SD card maker and make a 2GB virtual SD card.
  6. Put the SD card in this folder: C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.
  7. Open the SD card with Winimage
  8. Choose "Image" then "Inject folder" and look for the folder that contains this build's main files, the folder that you choose should have "background.png" in it.
  9. Wait for it to inject and then save the virtual SD by doing file save or CTRL+S, whatever floats your boat.
  10. Close Winimage and open dolphin.
  11. Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
  12. Go into dolphin's config files and then choose the "Wii" tab.
  13. Check "Insert SD card"
  14. Close the settings and in dolphin's main window, choose "Open".
  15. Go into the "Gecko 1931" folder that you copied and select "Boot.elf".
That's it. The sd.raw file is essentially a virtual SD card, you can even mod it to your liking just like a normal one, it's how I develop my mods because you can test it easily and quickly.
For more information on hacking via dolphin, follow My video tutorial on it.

Other Notes:
  • This is a non-Wifi Build
  • It is tourney Legal (only the stages not used in tourneys are replaced)
  • It runs off Project M 3.02
  • The mod works with both homebrew and hackless!
  • Custom Gecko Boot Screen.
  • Custom Strap Screen.
  • All BPs, RSPs, and CSPs are included.
  • Ditto Image over the random slot.
Sawnd file names:
10 is pit.
26 is marth.
27 is G&W.
7, 220, 221, 222, and 223 are for melee announcer/menu sounds.
  • Make a video for it.
  • CPUs walk back and forth aimlessly on great bay. (this is due to a stage collision thing, I'll fix it soon.)
  • Yoshi Story 64 has some image format issues, not noticible to anyone but it's bugging me and I'll fix it.
  • Remove the airwings on sector Z and corneria
  • customize the info.pac

Hey I love your work theytah but I seem to have found an error with luigis mansion and four side they both freeze the game when we try to load it. Do you know how to fix it?? Thanks! And keep up the good work

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I can't seem to load four side and luigis mansion the game will freeze each time I try to any ideas or help??
I don't know how to help you but seeing rampant double posting on this site is troublesome. Please make use of the edit button. Also asking the same thing twice does not mean that you'll be answered faster. So please ask once, fold your hands and wait please.

Thanks and I hope your question is answered.

SirBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seymorebuts
I don't know how to help you but seeing rampant double posting on this site is troublesome. Please make use of the edit button. Also asking the same thing twice does not mean that you'll be answered faster. So please ask once, fold your hands and wait please.

Thanks and I hope your question is answered.
Well I didn't mean to put it twice it didn't show up the first time so excuse me sir maybe try not to be so rude next time

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Well I didn't mean to put it twice it didn't show up the first time so excuse me sir maybe try not to be so rude next time
No one was rude to you, but someone can get rude to you, if you wish.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I can't seem to load four side and luigis mansion the game will freeze each time I try to any ideas or help??
You definitely installed it wrong if that's happening. tell me exactly how you get it running and how you installed the build.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
TO ANYONE HAVING A CAPTCHA ERROR:

Mediafire seems to have made it so that the captcha disappears if you have ad-block on. Sadly, I can't fix this, so just turn it off and back on once you've finished downloading the file.

Edit: As I'm trying to phase into a final build release, I have a job for you guys.

Please Look through the build and post ANY problem's you see. Ignore the bug on the minor circuit stage, but besides that. I'd like to solidify the build, so go ahead and if you see something that needs to be fixed; crashes, bugs, visual glitches, stuff like that, or anything you think isn't tourney legal, please just post it here so I can fix it up!

Double edit: My modding school thread is up! Link here :)

Last edited:

SirBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seymorebuts
You definitely installed it wrong if that's happening. tell me exactly how you get it running and how you installed the build.
Well I use hackless and all I did was put all of the file sin their extracted form on the sd card would I need to remove the stuff like brawl box off my sd card??

broliftic

Smash Cadet
My SD card was having weird business with the full build, so I'm using your "Custom Build" folder from the modding tutorial you made as my build lately.

Is there any way I can get the music from your build without downloading the rest of it? Like Theytah's own music pack?

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
My SD card was having weird business with the full build, so I'm using your "Custom Build" folder from the modding tutorial you made as my build lately.

Is there any way I can get the music from your build without downloading the rest of it? Like Theytah's own music pack?
You have to download the entire thing.

TrueDarkAzure

Smash Rookie
Im trying to add the portraits for the for new character models but everytime I try to drag a picture to the portraits sections , the pictures wont show up. Why is this?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Does anybody know how to make the name plates on top of the picture in the character selection screen go away?

I tried to get rid of them and only had black boxes. I think I made the correct transparent file to put over them but to no avail.

Im trying to be able to get a full pic on the selection screen, without the name plate covering a portion of it, just like in Theytahs build.

Anybody know how to do this, or the format the transparency must be in?

Edit: I want to just delete the file, pretty sure that wont work tho

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Does anybody know how to make the name plates on top of the picture in the character selection screen go away?

I tried to get rid of them and only had black boxes. I think I made the correct transparent file to put over them but to no avail.

Im trying to be able to get a full pic on the selection screen, without the name plate covering a portion of it, just like in Theytahs build.

Anybody know how to do this, or the format the transparency must be in?

Edit: I want to just delete the file, pretty sure that wont work tho
I edited the actual 3d model of the character select card and moved the names behind everything. If you delete it it corrupts stuff.

TrueDarkAzure

Smash Rookie
Im trying to add the portraits for the for new character models but everytime I try to drag a picture to the portraits sections , the pictures wont show up. Why is this?

TrueDarkAzure

Smash Rookie
Im using the costume manager that came with the build that you made. I just cant drag them to the place where you put the portraits

TrueDarkAzure

Smash Rookie
Like the pictures next to the box where you would drag the .pcs or .pac files. Every time i try a drag a picture either small or large picture and I cant drag them and when drag the picture to where I want it the don't show up in the manager.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
if they're blank then you have to add the file manually to be able to replace it in the manager.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Yo Theytah, my roommates and I have noticed lag when we use the Raiden skin for Marth. One of them is also under the impression that your current build always has a slight bit of lag, although I personally don't notice anything of that sort with the exception of the Raiden skin.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
TO ANYONE HAVING A CAPTCHA ERROR:

Mediafire seems to have made it so that the captcha disappears if you have ad-block on. Sadly, I can't fix this, so just turn it off and back on once you've finished downloading the file.

Edit: As I'm trying to phase into a final build release, I have a job for you guys.

Please Look through the build and post ANY problem's you see. Ignore the bug on the minor circuit stage, but besides that. I'd like to solidify the build, so go ahead and if you see something that needs to be fixed; crashes, bugs, visual glitches, stuff like that, or anything you think isn't tourney legal, please just post it here so I can fix it up!

Double edit: My modding school thread is up! Link here :)
Add a note near the download link. Theres a lot of adblock users

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Quick question, does anybody know the name of the song T01 in the latest pack? It sounds freaking awesome but the song list isn't updated and I have no idea what it is...could anybody help me with this?

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Ok Theytah, so after extended use of your build, I've definitely noticed what appears to be a choppy performance. As if the game was missing frames at some points and not constant compared to a vanilla build. I've isolated the possible reasons to either your levels or character skins through experimentation.

Grapesoda

Smash Rookie
Sorry if i seem lazy but i didn't really find an answer that could please me.
I like your build a lot but the boxring stage is just not my liking. I would like to replace it with any version of hyrule temple but just replacing files wont do.
Could you tell me or link a thread here how to exchange the boxring for another stage?

Best regards

Top Bottom