• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Star - Gameplay rebalance mod - Updated 20/8/2015 - PM3.6 compatible

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Hey, those Samus renders are looking dope. If anything, integrating cBliss into this build would give you more leeway for alts.
This is an interesting build. Not too many custom P:M builds feature gameplay changes. Even if some people can't deal with the changes you made, at the end of the day it's YOUR build and someone's gonna want to try it out.
Keep up the good work.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Updated!
In this version, most of Meta Knight's nerfs have been removed and he's been reverted to almost-PM status. Below you'll find the most noticeable differences.
Here are the changes in this version:

:bowser2: - DownB deals 6% less damage but has increased knockback.
:kirby2: - Reduced DownAir hitboxes.
:link2: - BackAir's first hit is weaker, while the second it is stronger. 2% difference between the two.
:lucas: - DownTilt has a slightly larger endlag. SideTilt and ForwardTilt priority now favor the sweetspot instead of the flub.
:mario2: - ForwardSmash priority now favors sweetspot instead of flub.
:metaknight: - Weight increased to 75, UpSmash knockback reduced, ForwardAir knockback increased.BackAir deals 1% less damage. Still dodges slower as in previous versions.
:mewtwopm: - Forward Smash deals 3% less damage.
:snake: - DownAir hitboxes centered on his feet.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Does the new version retain most of the new changes that 3.5 brought us like Ganon's mostly overhauled moveset and such? Just curious is all before I try this out.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Does the new version retain most of the new changes that 3.5 brought us like Ganon's mostly overhauled moveset and such? Just curious is all before I try this out.
Of course. This is a PM modification after all so most of the new content is there. The one thing I didn't like much about 3.5 was the change in priority for sweetspot and flub hitboxes. As you can see I've already started to address that and I will fix other characters too depending on the size of the hitboxes and ease of execution.

I like this for playing with friends, great work man!
Bullseye! I guess.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Updated!
This version mostly contains changes to attacks with both sweetspot and flub hitboxes, fixes to rolling attacks and lots of Meta knight tweaks. To save space, I'll use the term "sorted" to indcate that the attack now favors the sweetspot instead of the flub.

:jigglypuff: - Removed side hitboxes for his B attack. Center hitboxes have been enlarged to fit his body.
:lucario: - Smash sorted but has reduced hitbox size (6.5 down to 4.5) and is closer to his body (3 units less). Graphic effects moved accordingly.
:lucas: - DownTilt sorted, deals 1% more but hitbox size was reduced.
:mario2: - Smash sorted. Apparently I didn't fix it correctly in the previous versions.
:metaknight: - AirJump multiplier incresed from 0.5 to 0.6. DashAttack endlag reduced. Smash knockback growth restored to PM vanilla values. UpSmash knockback increased. NeutralAir late damage increased. ForwardAir damage increased by 1% on second and third hit, knockback increased and angle lowered. UpAir damage increased by 1% on center hitboxes and reduced by 1% on side hitboxes.
:mewtwopm: - Smash hitboxes reduced and moved closer to his body. Graphic effects moved accordingly.
:peach: - SideB endlag increased on target miss. DashAttack damage decreased. NeutralAir early damage increased. ForwardAir damage increased.
:sonic: - SideB and DownB hitbox size increased to match his curled-up shape.
:wario: - UpB last hit knockback decreased (lower for light Wario version)
:yoshi2: - AirMobility doubled. SideB hitbox moved to match the egg shape more closely.
:zelda: - Smash hits are dealt faster and with less hitlag. ForwardAir late damage decreased and angle increased. BackAir late damage decreased.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
A little update to fix a bug and bring a much needed rebalance of Sonic's jumps. Previously, Sonic would jump much higher than most characters, even when hopping, and while this seems beneficial, it actually prevented him from chasing opponents in most cases. With this update Sonic will be able to stay at the same height of his opponents more easily and take advantage of his follow-up capabilities.

:gw: - Reduced Nair damage by 4% to compensate for his enormous hitbox.
:mewtwopm: - Fixed excessive base knockback on DownB when hitting airborne enemies.
:sonic: - Increased weight from 82 to 85. Reduced Jump height and hop height. Increased DownB and SideB damage when rolling on the floor. Increased frequency of DownB hitboxes when spinning on the place. DownB can be interrupted 10 frames early.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Probably the last update before 3.6. First changes to some character I thought perfect: Charizard and Wolf. I wanted to tweak Ivysaur as well but he's really spot-on.

:charizard: - Adjusted jumps to the global gravity. Weight down from 110 to 109. Attack deals 1% less on the closes and farthest hitbox and has smaller base knockback. SideTilt, ForwardAir and DownAir have smaller hitboxes. Removed BackAir's hitbox on Charizard's ass. NeutralAir flub hitboxes last much longer.
:diddy: - UpSmash ends 6 frames earlier.
:ganondorf: - Run speed increased by 0,1. DownB on the ground deals 1% more right at the start. Removed Neutral Attack's hitbox on Ganondorf's chest. UpTilt ends 3 frames earlier. NeutralAir second hit deals 1% more. ForwardAir deals 2% less. BackAir deals 1% more.
:jigglypuff: - BackAir has shorter reach to match the animation.
:luigi2: - Hop height reduced. NeutralAir size reduced to Mario's size. ForwardAir knockback recuced from 100 to 80. Moved BackAir hitboxes to match the animation. Moved and resized DownAir hitboxes to match the animation.
:mario2: - UpSmash deals 1% less damage in the middle of the swing.
:metaknight: - ForwardTilt has longer reach on the first swing and matches the sword animation.
:toonlink: - DownTilt damage decreased by 1%. NeutralAir is slightly slower overall.
:wolf: - Adjusted jumps to the global gravity. B ends 7 frames earlier.
:zerosuitsamus: - The landing attack resulting from the DownB kick deals 1% less damage. UpAir late damage decreased by 1%. Dodges reverted to vanilla PM values and are now slower but offer more invincibility frames.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
PMS has been updated to PM3.6 beta, with some changes along with it. Unfortunately, light Wario is no longer present. Here's the changelist:

:bowser2: - Smash knockback values reverted to PM.
:falcon: - NeutralAir deals more damage and landing both hits is easier, but late damage is greatly reduced.
:diddy: - ForwardAir damage and knockback reverted to PM.
:dk2: - The second neutral attack ends 4 frames sooner. DashAttack hiboxex don't decrease in size over time.
:fox: - DownB knockback values reverted to PM.
:ganondorf: - NeutralAir damage and knockback reverted to PM but hit duration increased by 1 frame.
:link2: - BackAir knockback reverted to PM.
:lucas: - NeutralB damage reduced by 2%. Size reverted to 7. Knockback decreased. And somehow it's still deadly.
:mario2: - Reverted changes to Dr. Mario's Smash effects. Reverted ForwardAir to PM but changed hitbox durations from 2, 5 frames to 3, 4 frames.
:marth: - DownAir ends faster.
:metaknight: - Weight temporarily restored to 70 from 75. ForwardAir knockback reverted to PM.
:roypm: - Weight increased from 85 to 90. DownSmash ends faster.
:samus2: - Fixed missing flashes during NeutralB in air. Tweaked armor during DashAttack: starts at 80, reaches 140 while hitboxes are active and ends soon after. NeutralAir knockback decreased. UpAir knockback tweaked to avoid pushing enemies away during the first hits.
:sheik: - Max horizondal Air Speed greatly increased to allow long jumps.
:sonic: - Weight reverted to PM.
:squirtle: - DownSmash deals 1% more damage on all hits. ForwardAir deals 1% less damage.
:warioc: - Jump slightly increased. AirJump decreased to compensate. Weight increased by 1. Smash starts faster but late damage has been decreased.
:wolf: - Jump and hop height increased. NeutralAir hits one more time.
:yoshi2: - Weight decreased by 2 finding a middle ground between previous versions and the latest PM3.6 changes.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Updated with the first changes to ROB, the official Toon Link fix and some other small adjustments. Probably the last update before the final 3.6 version.

:falcon: - NeutralAir second hit and endlag are faster.
:dedede: - Slightly increased run speed. Restored 4 jumps. Reduced jump height. B inhale is much stronger.
:lucario: - SideB grab hibtoxes are slightly larger and deal 1% more damage. NeutralAir is much faster.
:marth:- Increased gravity.
:ness2: - Moved DashAttack hitboxes closer to Ness.
:peach: - BackAir ends later.
:rob: - Increased gravity. Forward and Backward dodges have 3 more iframes. SideB hits 4 times for 4 damage after the first hit; mostly effective against heavy and low-damage opponents. Jab 1 and 2 have shorter endlag. DashAttack flub damage normalized and endlag reduced. UpTilt and DownTilt deal 1-2% more damage. Smash deals 1-2% more damage depending on the hitbox and have a fixed lower angle. ForwardAir collides for less frames but launches at a fixed lower angle. BackAir momentum was reduced, late hitboxes were added with reduced size and damage. DownAir is overall faster and 1% stronger.
:sheik: - Fixed wrong max horizontal air speed value from the previous version.
:sonic: - Increased Air Mobility and Air Stopping Mobility to make him less victim of his own speed when jumping.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Updated for 3.6 with a few fixes. Classic Zelda and Sheik have been removed.

:bowser2: - Fixed wrong damage on DownB.
:fox: - Fixed wrong angle on aerial DownB.
:luigi2: - DashAttack little punches deal 2% instead of 3%.
:metaknight: - Weight and dodges reverted to PM values.
:rob: - Dodges and SideB reverted to PM values.
:squirtle: - DownSmash damage reverted to PM values.
:zerosuitsamus: - Throws damage reverted to PM values.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
@ ShiningCrusader ShiningCrusader I love the new moves you given to Zelda and Sheik in your mod, but I know that some people still want to have transformations so I have an idea:

Make Zelda/Sheik's transform down-b a "Down-B+A" move ala Lucario's super aura sphere. While we're at it, do the same for ZSS's Brawl Down-B and Falco's Brawl Reflector (if the PM one is default, otherwise it'll be vice versa). I really hope that these "modifications" of these few characters will be added officially because it makes them have the uniqueness that past/future smash games will give them, albeit a bit better in the case of our Hylian Royalty. And I also think that you should release an Alternate Moveset pack for Project M that has your new moves included and balaced for PM (and for falco, have the Brawl Reflector be a "Down-B+A" move to make sure the competitive people don't throw a fit) like I described earlier.

Either way, keep up what you're doing because it flat out ROCKS.

Also Zelda has a nice Throw combo with Up/Down Throw into grounded down-b into aerial that can kill as early as around 100% for some.

Edit: If you're a bit confused as to what I'm going at then refer to this:

PROJECT M STAR ALT. MOVESET PACK FOR PROJECT M

Zelda/Sheik: Transform is now a "Down-B+A" move. Star Down-B's are the default now. Aerial Down-B (Star Ver.) should have a spike hitbox somewhere just for fun.

Falco: If built over PM Falco, the Brawl reflector is now a "Down-B+A" move, otherwise it'll be vice versa.

ZSS: Her Brawl Down-B is a "Down-B+A" move.

Last edited:

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
this I amazing, I'm using some of the character changes as well as my own music mod AND Triforce Ganondorf Mod in my build.
PS. I love how this gets rid of Zelda/Sheik transformation moves!!!

Please check out my AMAZING MUSIC MOD: http://smashboards.com/threads/zeikars-custom-music-project-m-3-6.415848/

it ADDS not removes New Music to Project M 3.6, perfect for Project M Star!!
this is the first mod I ever did or ever released so far for Project M or Brawl or any smash game for that matter.
Completes the Tracklist of Bowser's Castle with appropriate Castle/Bowser themes :), also completes the tracklisting of Fountain of Dreams (more Kirby music--YAY!), and Kongo Jongo gets DKC-ified! Plus MORE!

Last edited:

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
@ ShiningCrusader ShiningCrusader I love the new moves you given to Zelda and Sheik in your mod, but I know that some people still want to have transformations so I have an idea:

Make Zelda/Sheik's transform down-b a "Down-B+A" move ala Lucario's super aura sphere. While we're at it, do the same for ZSS's Brawl Down-B and Falco's Brawl Reflector (if the PM one is default, otherwise it'll be vice versa). I really hope that these "modifications" of these few characters will be added officially because it makes them have the uniqueness that past/future smash games will give them, albeit a bit better in the case of our Hylian Royalty. And I also think that you should release an Alternate Moveset pack for Project M that has your new moves included and balaced for PM (and for falco, have the Brawl Reflector be a "Down-B+A" move to make sure the competitive people don't throw a fit) like I described earlier.

Either way, keep up what you're doing because it flat out ROCKS.

Also Zelda has a nice Throw combo with Up/Down Throw into grounded down-b into aerial that can kill as early as around 100% for some.

Edit: If you're a bit confused as to what I'm going at then refer to this:

PROJECT M STAR ALT. MOVESET PACK FOR PROJECT M

Zelda/Sheik: Transform is now a "Down-B+A" move. Star Down-B's are the default now. Aerial Down-B (Star Ver.) should have a spike hitbox somewhere just for fun.

Falco: If built over PM Falco, the Brawl reflector is now a "Down-B+A" move, otherwise it'll be vice versa.

ZSS: Her Brawl Down-B is a "Down-B+A" move.
to quote my mod request http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-sheik-no-transformation-project-m-3-6-full-mod-request.415636/
"What I would like to see of the edited 3.6 versions is Zelda's down B be an explosion of light with her transformation sound and graphics/animations and Sheik's be an explosion of shadow with the transformation sound and graphics" I actually like what DarkStar has done with Zelda, now just somehow implement the transformation anim & jingle and do what Project M did with Samus/ZSS if you press some button during final smash they transform, if there was some taunt or set of moves to do on down+b ... maybe down+b+a = transform"

Definition; Quote-ception: quotes within quotes

Last edited:
Top Bottom