• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
SOLUTION:

If you are mad, go to ****ing sleep.

It doesn't matter if they are late. You ain't paying for **** so quit *****ing. I'm frustrated too, cuz I wanted to play this today, but you don't see me running on about how ****ing their **** up is justified because I'm butthurt.

EDIT: that is a lot of profanity.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
Not to come off as a douche, but do you really need a goddamn reason? If people are attempting to evade early traffic by slithering around with DL links, then they're kind of spitting in the PMBR's face. Seriously, either stfu and wait or deal with the imminent site traffic; a few hours literally won't make much of a difference.

I'm just going to guess that one of the main reasons behind why premature downloads are a hindrance is the main DL page not being set up to track the download count -- one of the few indicators of this non-paid project's success.
I wasn't complaining. I was legitimately curious. I think it had less to do with avoiding early traffic and more to do with the fact that a lot of the people in the chat have been waiting for several hours (12 or more in some cases) and just wanted to play the game... This all happened on the day after the release...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
While I can understand people's annoyance with 2.5 not being out when expected.

This whole, "WELL ILL JUST DOWNLOAD **** PREMATURELY BECAUSE **** YOU GUYS FOR NOT GETTING IT OUT WHEN YOU SAID IT'LL BE OUT AND BEING LATE BY LESS THAN 24 HRS." thing that's happening is not doing anyone any favors and is adding on to the total amount of time it takes us to get 2.5 into everyone's hands.

Not only that, but if we catch wind of premature downloads, you best believe we'll cut it off, corrupt the download underneath your noses (cuz that's what happens when you stop an upload mid-upload), take the time to change the file structure, and start that bad boy back up all over.

Just sayin.

EDIT: So please. Continue to bear with us. Please. We want to get this to you as much as you want us to give it to you. So try not to do anything that will delay stuff even more, nor should you condone actions that would result in delays.

Jackio

Smash Cadet
For the record, I just downloaded what was already posted once, you cut the download before it was any of the " "WELL ILL JUST DOWNLOAD **** PREMATURELY BECAUSE **** YOU GUYS FOR NOT GETTING IT OUT WHEN YOU SAID IT'LL BE OUT AND BEING LATE BY LESS THAN 24 HRS.", it was just that someone posted it and you made zero effort in trying to stop the downloads before cutting it off.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
While I can understand people's annoyance with 2.5 not being out when expected.

This whole, "WELL ILL JUST DOWNLOAD **** PREMATURELY BECAUSE **** YOU GUYS FOR NOT GETTING IT OUT WHEN YOU SAID IT'LL BE OUT AND BEING LATE BY LESS THAN 24 HRS." thing that's happening is not doing anyone any favors and is adding on to the total amount of time it takes us to get 2.5 into everyone's hands.

Not only that, but if we catch wind of premature downloads, you best believe we'll cut it off, corrupt the download underneath your noses (cuz that's what happens when you stop an upload mid-upload), take the time to change the file structure, and start that bad boy back up all over.

Just sayin.

EDIT: So please. Continue to bear with us. Please. We want to get this to you as much as you want us to give it to you. So try not to do anything that will delay stuff even more, nor should you condone actions that would result in delays.
It might be a good idea to have a pmbr'er in the chat where this happened explain the premature download issues and let people know how it is affecting the release. Someone said that it delayed the release already but didn't say why. If everyone understands what will happen if they try to download it early hopefully they'll stop.

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
It might be a good idea to have a pmbr'er in the chat where this happened explain the premature download issues and let people know how it is affecting the release. Someone said that it delayed the release already but didn't say why. If everyone understands what will happen if they try to download it early hopefully they'll stop.
Actually everything was explained in this topic already.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
<InternetExplorer>: Wi-Fi build has the pre-2.5 buffer system, customizeable per player from 0-10 frames.

I'm going to cry =')

CorteX

Smash Cadet
Not to come off as a douche, but do you really need a goddamn reason? If people are attempting to evade early traffic by slithering around with DL links, then they're kind of spitting in the PMBR's face. Seriously, either stfu and wait or deal with the imminent site traffic; a few hours won't make much of a difference.
It was me.
I didn't try to evade traffic, i was simply trying to get the files because I had been waiting all night. It was a no-brainer as well, all I did was simply change 1 byte in the URL.
I'm sorry for what happened, as I thought the site would go live with the new download within a minute of me posting it. Turns out it didn't *insert huge anime sweat drop*
Anyways, I had no clue about the traffic being balanced between that many servers. If I did, I would have never posted it.

Fun fact: I'm holding off playing it because I feel guilty at the moment, and I think I'm just gonna get some sleep because I'm really tired.

To the rest of the world: Enjoy the mod which should be released any minute now, and sorry for wasting a few minutes of your life.

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
<InternetExplorer>: Wi-Fi build has the pre-2.5 buffer system, customizeable per player from 0-10 frames.

I'm going to cry =')
So some builds will have the customizable buffer system, but some won't? Could someone from the PMBR explain the reasoning behind this decision?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So some builds will have the customizable buffer system, but some won't? Could someone from the PMBR explain the reasoning behind this decision?
I'm not a BR'er but here's my opinion. I made a post on I might fetch about why it should be illegal in tournament but not stripped from the wifi build, but basically wifi players can mitigate the lag making their guess inputs more often to work from 1 or 2 frames of buffer: the typical amount that I've seen in the years of wifi P:M playing since Demo v1. With that said I've been to 4 tournaments now and have always been fine and proceeded to play without it (I'm a fan of using 1 frame, it's easy to switch to none that way too)

Wifi players also don't need crew stock mode, which I'm guessing buffer was placed back over.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
I still don't even know what happened and there are way too many pages to go back and look thru. I go out for the night at 6 and come back the next day, hoping my trolling was only just that, trolling. Did someone jeopardize the release beforehand? :(
Think of it like this.
Imagine the download link for the current project m version was http://www.randomsite.com/projectm2_1.zip then all I did was change that 1 to a 5 and it worked. That's all what really happened. There were no internal leaks of any kind, it was all guesswork and being lucky.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I see. Well I guess you're quite the 'genius'. I can't really blame you. Someone in the PMBR should have seen this coming and not made the DL available at that url or something until it was actually ready for release, but now we all have to wait. :( Ah well, guess I'll just go to bed now. I have a Melee tourney tomorrow anyways.

Edit: Holy cow, ninja'd so hard by the greatest thing ever! :)

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
and I was going to post, is that time of the year again?..... but shut me... YHEZ! downloading thanks a lot for this dev team!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so for 2.5, is the differene between the full and wifi safe still just the GCT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom